Light Withdrawal

ExSaint1379

Greenlighter
I was in Costa Rica for a bit and Codeine is OTC in large doses, and I guess (although I didn't know it at the time) I got addicted. I'm back in the U.S.A. and have had a very, very light withdrawal. I have only slept a bit over 4 days, I had a pretty upset stomach, and my arms might have ached a bit, but honestly, it has barely bothered me. I haven't had cravings for codeine at all. I didn't think I was done using opiates, but I'm worried that if I use again any time soon I'd go through withdrawal again. How long would I have to wait before an opiate/opioid won't cause withdrawals?

2-3 days absolute maximum for codeine, once its out of your system completely you will be fine. That will be 48 to 72 hours and that 12 or so hours since your last codeine is part of that waiting time so im guessing you will be fine tomorrow :)

If you have it again your withdrawals arent going to be anyworse. Codeine is a very mild opiate and can't be much stronger due to the LD50. Doing it again in a big dose will probably give you a very light withdrawel the next day.