• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Diet Life after meth

Nightrider19

Bluelight Crew
I would be doing a hell of allot better with my "recovery" with ice.
if i hadnt of put on a hell of alot of weight.

The only reason I keep wanting to go back to it is because my clothes dont fit.
im serious.

Id like a strong appetite suppressant that isnt addictive please lol

Such a substance doesn't exist. Changing your diet is hard, but it is well worth it. You're in Sydney, and it's winter, so you should have no problems exercising. Try walking, and get yourself up to a jog. High intensity cardio is best to heal your cardiovascular system, but depending on your age, it may take time. As for your diet, try to eat salads and avoid processed food. A good multivitamin is very helpful. Magnesium in particular I have found to be helpful.

Such a substance doesn't exist. Changing your diet is hard, but it is well worth it. You're in Sydney, and it's winter, so you should have no problems exercising. Try walking, and get yourself up to a jog. High intensity cardio is best to heal your cardiovascular system, but depending on your age, it may take time. As for your diet, try to eat salads and avoid processed food. A good multivitamin is very helpful. Magnesium in particular I have found to be helpful.

My diet is shocking but I went cold turkey and cut everything out including ciggerettes, so i guess my fallback is food
which in my eyes the fact im eating and not starving myself is healthy so i keep reminding myself of that.

What are the perscription weightloss tablets?
Duromine of course
and i read about one starting with "P" i think that you take at night and not during the day.
Duromine ended up being what i took when i went away and didnt have the ability to use as it kept me alert, motivated and not fatigued.

Drinking lots of hot green and/or black tea during the day helps kill your carb cravings. I put on a huge amount of weight quitting meth the first time, but I found really lifting the amount of exercise I did each day (a) reduced weight (b) reduced cravings (c) increased energy, and (d) lifted mood. I got straight for about 5 years mainly through that approach and quickly got to a normal weight.

Drinking lots of hot green and/or black tea during the day helps kill your carb cravings. I put on a huge amount of weight quitting meth the first time, but I found really lifting the amount of exercise I did each day (a) reduced weight (b) reduced cravings (c) increased energy, and (d) lifted mood. I got straight for about 5 years mainly through that approach and quickly got to a normal weight.
Thank you, I appreciate it.

I am currently a coffee drinker again, I will give green tea a go.
I was prescribed Seroquel four days ago 2 x 25mg a night and im waking up feeling not quite right
but my appetite doesnt seem to be as prominent as it was befor then.

NR xx

Thank you, I appreciate it.

I am currently a coffee drinker again, I will give green tea a go.
I was prescribed Seroquel four days ago 2 x 25mg a night and im waking up feeling not quite right
but my appetite doesnt seem to be as prominent as it was befor then.

NR xx
Seroquel makes me crave carbohydrates. It's well known for weight increase not only for that but for how it affects your metabolism.

Seroquel makes me crave carbohydrates. It's well known for weight increase not only for that but for how it affects your metabolism.

I found Seroquel really helped with sleep and mood, but doesn't help with drive. But taking Metformin 1gram with Seroquel before bed is proven to prevent negative metabolic issues. Unfortunately, anything that is an adrenal antagonist will mess with insulin - adrenalin actually controls insulin levels in your body. Adrenalin initiates glycolysis while insulin initiates glycogenesis. Metformin interferes with the glycolysis process enough, if you eat healthy and exercise, that excess glucose in the blood isn't store as fat.

I tend to advocate exercise and diet as the other problem I had after quitting methamphetamine was surprisingly high blood pressure that was not easily controlled. Lisinopril at high doses worked best, but Angiotensin blockers were mostly ineffective. I tried a few calcium channel blockers (these are the worst as your heart muscle works via an osmotic reaction transporting calcium out of your heart - so they directly interfere with the actual mode of operation of the heart), alpha and beta blockers, and while the ACE inhibitor cough is real, getting yourself up to running enough your body produces enough adrenalin naturally helped a lot. I didn't find it much different than days when I was younger and I'd go running after a night of drinking and smoking. Felt like death for the first 1/2 mile then felt fine.

That was another thing I liked about Seroquel, it is very effective at lowering blood pressure and heart rate. Benzos had no significant effect, even high doses, like 2mg of Xanax or 20mg of Valium.

Now for me, I was taking strictly oral black-market pills in the 30mg dosage. My daily dosage would range from 30mg per day to 90mg per day if I had projects that required not sleeping. I actually didn't find methamphetamine to be very fun (especially compared to cocaine or say, real MDMA), the place preference effect is real (though it made me AOK being chained to my desk working non-stop), and over 60mg per day, the raising of your basal body temperature was also real. It made me so singularly focused on work I literally stopped showering regularly, had to force myself to eat, but made a ton of money as my productivity soared. After 9 months, the vasoconstrictive effects and my lack of exercise caused issues like edema and poor circulation, which caused me to quit and experiment with the aforementioned cardiovascular drugs.

On the positive side, I could see how methamphetamine was the drug of choice for most of the past 120 years since amphetamine was discovered, and why Adderall was designed as it is. Methamphetamine initially for me had zero side effects. No anxiety, very positive mood for a few months, and huge increase in productivity, especially with statistical and mathematical models. Adderall, especially at 30mg, causes me to have massive panic attacks. I believe the levoamphetamine isomer is added specifically to prevent overamping on the stuff.

Bottom line - if you aren't working, or don't have a technical/scientific/math heavy finance job, just focus on your health and take any cardiovascular drugs you need. If you have the money, just eat fruit and salads - no one gets fat fruit or salad. You'll also find your mental acuity improves faster with exercise.

All of this is personal experience. There is so little medical research on methamphetamine withdrawal. Everything I read on PubMed was effectively useless. I even tried Provigil or a time and it caused my blood pressure and heart rate to SKYROCKET. Never tried Wellbutrin, the other common substitute. I believe that drug has weight loss properties, even though its mode of action still isn't understood. Amphetamine works because it is structurally similar to adrenalin (just look on Wikipedia and you can see for yourself - they are simple chemical structures versus say, cocaine that has a very high molar weight). I strongly suspect even moderate term use of any amphetamine suppresses your natural adrenalin production. The only healthy way to get that back on track is exercise.

I found Seroquel really helped with sleep and mood, but doesn't help with drive. But taking Metformin 1gram with Seroquel before bed is proven to prevent negative metabolic issues. Unfortunately, anything that is an adrenal antagonist will mess with insulin - adrenalin actually controls insulin levels in your body. Adrenalin initiates glycolysis while insulin initiates glycogenesis. Metformin interferes with the glycolysis process enough, if you eat healthy and exercise, that excess glucose in the blood isn't store as fat.

I tend to advocate exercise and diet as the other problem I had after quitting methamphetamine was surprisingly high blood pressure that was not easily controlled. Lisinopril at high doses worked best, but Angiotensin blockers were mostly ineffective. I tried a few calcium channel blockers (these are the worst as your heart muscle works via an osmotic reaction transporting calcium out of your heart - so they directly interfere with the actual mode of operation of the heart), alpha and beta blockers, and while the ACE inhibitor cough is real, getting yourself up to running enough your body produces enough adrenalin naturally helped a lot. I didn't find it much different than days when I was younger and I'd go running after a night of drinking and smoking. Felt like death for the first 1/2 mile then felt fine.

That was another thing I liked about Seroquel, it is very effective at lowering blood pressure and heart rate. Benzos had no significant effect, even high doses, like 2mg of Xanax or 20mg of Valium.

Now for me, I was taking strictly oral black-market pills in the 30mg dosage. My daily dosage would range from 30mg per day to 90mg per day if I had projects that required not sleeping. I actually didn't find methamphetamine to be very fun (especially compared to cocaine or say, real MDMA), the place preference effect is real (though it made me AOK being chained to my desk working non-stop), and over 60mg per day, the raising of your basal body temperature was also real. It made me so singularly focused on work I literally stopped showering regularly, had to force myself to eat, but made a ton of money as my productivity soared. After 9 months, the vasoconstrictive effects and my lack of exercise caused issues like edema and poor circulation, which caused me to quit and experiment with the aforementioned cardiovascular drugs.

On the positive side, I could see how methamphetamine was the drug of choice for most of the past 120 years since amphetamine was discovered, and why Adderall was designed as it is. Methamphetamine initially for me had zero side effects. No anxiety, very positive mood for a few months, and huge increase in productivity, especially with statistical and mathematical models. Adderall, especially at 30mg, causes me to have massive panic attacks. I believe the levoamphetamine isomer is added specifically to prevent overamping on the stuff.

Bottom line - if you aren't working, or don't have a technical/scientific/math heavy finance job, just focus on your health and take any cardiovascular drugs you need. If you have the money, just eat fruit and salads - no one gets fat fruit or salad. You'll also find your mental acuity improves faster with exercise.

All of this is personal experience. There is so little medical research on methamphetamine withdrawal. Everything I read on PubMed was effectively useless. I even tried Provigil or a time and it caused my blood pressure and heart rate to SKYROCKET. Never tried Wellbutrin, the other common substitute. I believe that drug has weight loss properties, even though its mode of action still isn't understood. Amphetamine works because it is structurally similar to adrenalin (just look on Wikipedia and you can see for yourself - they are simple chemical structures versus say, cocaine that has a very high molar weight). I strongly suspect even moderate term use of any amphetamine suppresses your natural adrenalin production. The only healthy way to get that back on track is exercise.
Good info and well done on your recovery. Solid advice. Thanks

I would be doing a hell of allot better with my "recovery" with ice.
if i hadnt of put on a hell of alot of weight.

The only reason I keep wanting to go back to it is because my clothes dont fit.
im serious.
Thank you for posting this thread, I’m in the exact same boat.

Recently quit Meth, and honest to God I could care less about getting high at this point, I just crave it to keep the weight off!!

I mean it’s unreal how fast the weight goes back on. Is it due to rebound metabolic-activity??

I will say one thing, only take anti-psychotics / adrenal antagonists if you absolutely have too! I don’t think there’s a worse 1-2 punch for weight gain then going off Meth and right onto an adrenal antagonist…

Last edited:
There is so little medical research on methamphetamine withdrawal.
Don’t you find that a little odd? You would think Methamphetamine would have been studied to hell-and-beyond in the early-mid 1900’s.

I’m a firm believer that it was, but a great deal of those studies remain classified to this day.

I found Methamphetamine to be a miracle medication for about two years there, then I slipped into a major psychosis episode and that all changed.

Adderall is crap by comparison. It too causes me all sorts of anxiety issues and heart palpitations I don’t experience with Meth.

In regards to the addition of the levoamphetamine isomer, I believe that was done for patent purposes?

High intensity cardio is best to heal your cardiovascular system
can we please be careful about such statements, because it's not as easy.
Especially for someone "medicated" for a long time, or someone with a more mature age, even minor heart conditions(Meth, hello!), high cardio workout can lead to cardiovasular events, for example heart attacks. This can even get dangerous for healthy people.

The best way to heal your cardiovascular system is movement, yeah, I give you that,
but not high intensity cardio, that's just brainfart material.

One should always start at a careful pace and increase intensity only step by step and according to physical conditions.

Especially for someone "medicated" for a long time, or someone with a more mature age, even minor heart conditions(Meth, hello!), high cardio workout can lead to cardiovasular events, for example heart attacks. This can even get dangerous for healthy people.

The best way to heal your cardiovascular system is movement, yeah, I give you that,

One should always start at a careful pace and increase intensity only step by step and according to physical conditions.
I COMPLETELY agree. Do not attempt high intensity cardio workouts unless your doctor has cleared you for it.

If you have the money, just eat fruit and salads - no one gets fat fruit or salad. You'll also find your mental acuity improves faster with exercise.

I can’t get to the part of the message beyond this quote anymore.
I liked the majority of your post, but I had to say, this is not good diet advice. If you are trying to lose weight, there are specific diet plans that can be made to lose weight healthily. Eating only fruit in salads would lead to a sever protein deficiency, which would in turn lead to gross muscle atrophy. Also, this diet would presumably have no fat in it. You must consume normal healthy levels of fats EVEN WHILE DIETING, they are needed for many vital bodily functions, such as hormone creation.
When dieting, you need to go atleast 100 calories below your total daily caloric expenditure, and that decrease in calories should result only from a decrease (not discontinuation, decrease) in total carbohydrates consumed throughout the day.
Protein should be consumed in dosages exceeding normal nutrition guidelines, this is to help prevent atrophy.
Also, the reason I say DO NOT DISCONTUE CARBOHYDRATES, is this also leads to muscle atrophy. Ketogenic diets can make you lose 15 pounds a month, but they are terrible for your body from what i’ve read. The reason they lead to atrophy is without carbohydrates intake, insulin levels drop significantly, which leads to decreases in protein synthesis, decreases in muscular blood flow, and increases in protein being broken down into glucose thorough deamination, the removal the amine group from amino acids,. The extra amine atoms in the blood become ammonia(toxic), which is then broken down by either the liver or kidneys, can’t remember which.
Exercise is also integral to weight loss, but diet is arguably more than half the battle.
Anaerobic exercise also leads to an increase in basal metabolism for up to 3 days due to excess post exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC). This temporary increase in basal metabolic activity only results from exercise of a sufficient intensity that your body cannot fuel the exercise without breaking into glycogen stores, in aerobic exercise, your body is fueling the increase in physical activity mainly through fat metabolism, this will burn fat, but not nearly as much as anaerobic exercises, such as sprinting, or burpees.

Most of this information is from memory, I learned it from reading mostly while locked up from factual books such as NASM’s essentials of personal fitness, but some of what I said might be wrong, so feel free to correct me.
I’m planning on being a personal trainer/nutritionist

I liked the majority of your post, but I had to say, this is not good diet advice. If you are trying to lose weight, there are specific diet plans that can be made to lose weight healthily. Eating only fruit in salads would lead to a sever protein deficiency, which would in turn lead to gross muscle atrophy. Also, this diet would presumably have no fat in it. You must consume normal healthy levels of fats EVEN WHILE DIETING, they are needed for many vital bodily functions, such as hormone creation.
When I'm dieting I stick with Fruit/Salad + Yogurt for protein. Add in some exercise and you will loose weight fast. As for fat, I usually eat a double cheeseburger or two every 2-3 days.

Can I just say, Im on day 10 of 50mg Seroquel.
Its working for me. Im sleeping. My anixety has lowered.
My voices have quiet down.

But most of all contrary to my post it has affected my appetite has dramatically dropped.
I will update the post as my donut loving appetite might appear but at the moment
i am hoping its helping with that as well.

You are correct - but I'm in my early 40s. I also have a long background boxing, and use of AAS, which requires some medical knowledge. Definitely don't start out with sprinting until you collapse. You have to work up to it. But you can't be content with walking or jogging a 15-minute mile. Everyone has to work up to an adequate level if they have not been exercising. Sorry for not clarifying that. Ultimately, you need to get to a pace you are comfortable with that causes natural adrenalin release. That's the goal, outside of repairing cardiovascular damage that meth can cause. By all means, take whatever cardiovascular drugs you need. There are too many to list. But you are correct, high intensity cardio with certain cardiovascular problems can cause death. If you think you have such problems, see a doctor. While I didn't find any useful information on life post-meth on PubMed, cardiovascular from meth and cocaine mostly seems to be reversible.

I will say I quit due to the peripheral vasoconstrictive effects. COVID in NYC was and is as bad as portrayed in the media, and I had to work 18 hour days, almost every day. My feet were swelling, fluid retention became a real problem, and I just overall started to feel unwell. For current users, I will say taking frequent walks is probably a good idea. I have always been athletic, and this was the first time I did nothing but work and sleep.

If you think you have heart problems, see a doctor. And keep with this forum. In the AAS world, there are a lot of good sources of medical information. This is the only site on the internet with a lot of smart people regarding every drug. I definitely don't know everything, but there are enough people here you'll find yourself in the right direction.