• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc LIDACAINE patches

wrx fifer

Greenlighter
Hi was really just looking to see what anyone had on information or experience with these, as i got a pack of them from a friend to see if they would be any help with my chronic back pain after several failed spine ops, and always being in pain, i take morphine on a daily basis and have done for the last 3 years give or take and take up to around 300mg some days and maybe around 60ml of oramorph liquid as well.
Now i know these are not related to morphine etc!

But was just wondering what sort of impact they may have on my spin/back pain or even if they would help at all? seen as i got offered them for free i clearly took them as when your in daily pain long term your always prepared to try anything with in reason.

so just any knowledge or experience would be interesting?

thanks

they are according to the packet.

Versatis 5% medicated plaster then on the patch its self it has lidocaine

Well, lidocaine can be used as a local numbing agent, so this should numb an specific area for some time

How deeply does it penetrate? Or, a better way of asking is, what pain has it relieved for you (you being anyone that's used it)?

^That I don't know, haven't used it myself, but iirc lidocaine doesn't penetrate inflamed tissue as good as non-inflamed.
I guess you just have to try :/

They could definitely be effective. You probably know all of this already, but Lidocaine is a local anesthetic. It will numb the areas that it comes into direct contact with. So if you put one of the plasters on your back, the goal is that the medication will seep into your dermis and maybe touch some nerves along the way. This would in theory, lead to a less perceptible level of pain.

You can buy these at pretty much any pharmacy or even Wal-Mart for cheap if you're interested.

They are indeed used for more than numbing as Keif said. Approved for post herpetic neuralagia but very commonly used for all types of neuropathy. There are some OTC but thinking these may be generic Lidoderm which is Rx only in USA. Its not a miracle but a useful adjuvant.