• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Letter to NSW Health Minister

For a few weeks perhaps, then we would just start killing each other... :) Or all think that everyone else was the police! Hah... That would be funny! :) Hope it never comes to that. :p

Originally posted by MazDan
^^^ No its not bullshit at all.

He is not asking something nice and simple.

In politics, this letter is probably seen as coming from some shit stirrer and would be handled with extreme caution............it would be left at the bottom opf the pile and forgotten about for as long as possible hoping that the letter writer will lose interest.

Its an old trick.

Just because it is a difficult topic doesn't mean VelocideX doesn't deserve a timely response of some sort. I'm surprised he hasn't had a user friendly, zero commitment to anything polite BS answer to his queries by now.

It would take all of 10 minutes to compose a letter which dictates a wait and see approach to the legalisation of substances which have not had enough research conducted to consider them safe.

Aren't these all Federal Government issues? And even if MDMA was legalised, it would certainly be the Federal Govt that would be taxing it, just like alcohol and tobacco.

But whilst Austalia remains the 51st state of the USA, and the United Nations is controlled by the 5 permanent members of the security council, none of this will ever happen.

Last edited:
Australia isnt the 51st state of the USA. Stop watching TV and consider what is really happening in Australia.

On a more important note, have you heard back from anyone yet VelocideX?

I'd consider sending this to the shadow/opposition health minister. You're unlikey to get anything happening with the current state government. They cant even handle our lack of water infrastructure!

I heard back from both Police & Health and my letters were both forwarded to John Della Bosca, Special Minister of State. it's his area, apparently.

Haven't heard back from him yet. I'm sure a reply will come through eventually.

In regards to the shadow minister for health i don't know what sort of a reply I would get, given that they aren't in government. Good idea though.

eccitude -- this is not a federal government issue. The federal government does not have power under s51 of the constitution to regulate drugs, except where required to do so by the application of international treaty. It's arguable they could do it there, but it has always been up to the states to do it.

Well, nice work VelocideX. Given the speed at which bureaucracy operates though (especially the governmental variety) I'd expect you should have a reply of some substance in about 20 years time.

You've written a very eloquent and intelligent letter, and it's a blatant downfall of democracy that such enquiries by citizens meet with complete blankness by the government. However, such is the bullshit society in which we live.

Nice work though.

-plaz out-

To be perfectly honest I'm not entirely surprised it takes such a long time. The people in government are, contrary to popular opinion, usually quite busy doing things for their own government or for their electorate.

They get nothing by answsering this letter as the whole issue is rather theoretical.

I wrote a letter ages ago to Trish Worth, the federal secretary for health about claims that were reported in the paper that MDMA could cause "all sorts of problems in later life like alzheimers". I sent a letter down demanding a retraction on the basis that no study I'm aware of had ever linked MDMA with degenerative effects in the muscarinc acetylcholine system... i got a response like 6 months later. It was something of a brush-off, saying that the body of research on MDMA was incomplete (which is true) and that since no long-term studies of MDMA users exist it was not strictly possible to exclude that possibility. Eh that's politicians for you.

I'm sure a response will be forthcoming, just not immediately.

You have to remember the Federal Election is coming up too. Though this is the state government, there's a lot of maneuvering going on by the Carr government to try and get Latham & co into power

Doodle said:
Just because it is a difficult topic doesn't mean VelocideX doesn't deserve a timely response of some sort. I'm surprised he hasn't had a user friendly, zero commitment to anything polite BS answer to his queries by now.

It would take all of 10 minutes to compose a letter which dictates a wait and see approach to the legalisation of substances which have not had enough research conducted to consider them safe.

You are so right bro, unfortunately the woprld just doesnt work that way.............but it would be nice if it did........lol.

Given the upcoming election, would it be worthwhile sending a similarly structured letter to my local candidates? Perhaps not so much focussed on current policies, but what they will do to change them.

If everyone on bluelight started sending letters like this, I think we'd end up unnerving quite a few people. Wake up, the country needs a shake up :)

WOW! I got a reply from the Hon John Della Bosca (Special Minister of State). he even signed it personally!

Tragically it goes on and on about how the government is against cannabis legalisation, and how they've recently banned ketamine, and blah blah blah. He hasn't even mentioned MDMA once! Never dealt with any of my questions. I think its time for a reply!

great work VelocideX! a typical government letter though that doesn't address anything you asked. :\

Yep i think you should write a reply and remember to keep it short, concise and questions specific. Don't give up until you get the answers you are after.

At least you know who to send it to to get a direct responce =D
Just keep pissing them off and they'll have to break eventually.... several hundred letters should do it!!!!