• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Lets all stop being so damn blasé about GHB

I gotta call you out on this one: Normal people just don't take 70g of GHB. You post states this figure, which I believe to be an enormously exaggerated dose.
Well i got that from a medical report i read ages ago, i will have to try and find it.. But yes, this is an exception to the rule obviously..
But even 10-15G is 10 to 15 times the dose you should be having... And with any drug, if you have ten to fifteen times the amount your ment to.. Your in for trouble.
Another thought.. You guys said that if you pass out on g, you've had to much.. Well i tend to agree, but wasn't it used legally and successfully as a sleep aid for many many years (30 odd)???
Found this looking about and thought it was interesting....
Although GHB traditionally has been considered a potent epileptogenic drug and has been noted to cause epileptiform EEGs in animals, a few human volunteer studies have failed to demonstrate EEG changes associated with use. However, case reports commonly report seizures or seizurelike activity in persons ingesting the drug. It is theorized that myoclonic jerks of the face and extremities may be mistaken for evidence of seizures. http://emedicine.com/emerg/topic848.htm
and some more stuff..
One particularly fascinating property of GHB is its ability to prevent cell damage. Several studies have shown a reduction in oxygen requirements and a subsequent reduction in hypoxic cell damage. The exact mechanism of this tissue protective effect is unknown; however, several effects have been noted, including reductions in lipid peroxidation, lipolysis, free radical production, and a dampening of the inflammatory response. GHB also has been shown to be protective in radiation exposure.
The reduction in free radical production may be of some gain since free radicals are the reason behind neurological damage from Mdma.
And as far as toxicity goes.. i found this on http://leda.lycaeum.org/Documents/GHB_FAQ.10208.shtml
For the thirty years prior to 1990, the scientific papers on GHB were unanimous in reporting numerous beneficial physiological effects and the absence of long-term negative effects. In 1964, Laborit listed "very low toxicity" as one of the "principle elements" of the compound's pharmacology. In a 1969 report on GHB's anesthetic uses, Vickers referred to GHB as "a truly nontoxic hypnotic" and repeatedly emphasized its "lack of toxicity." Vickers cited evidence that GHB demonstrates "no toxic effects on the liver and kidney." In 1972, Laborit described the body's metabolism of GHB and stressed "the absence of any need of detoxification by the organism." As recently as 1989, this scientific consensus on GHB's benign nature remained unchanged.
And I want to point out, that in my opinion, it is still a drug to be very carefull with, mainly because it is now sold illicitly and you can never no the actual dosage you are taking.
Chem
[ 20 February 2002: Message edited by: ChEmIcaL_NiGhT ]

Also found this and thought it was interesting..
It is now gaining popularity in France and Italy as an aid to childbirth. GHB causes "spectacular action on the dilation of the cervix," decreased anxiety, greater intensity and frequency of uterine contractions, increased sensitivity to oxytocic drugs (used to induce contractions), preservation of reflexes, a lack of respiratory depression in the fetus, and protection against fetal cardiac anoxia (especially in cases where the umbilical cord wraps around the fetus' neck) [Vickers, 1969; Laborit, 1964]. GHB is completely metabolized into carbon dioxide and water, leaving absolutely no residue of toxic metabolites [Vickers, 1969; Laborit, 1972]. Metabolism is so efficient that GHB can no longer be detected in urine four to five hours after it is taken by injection
Although some of these studies are now old..
Unlike a large proportion of other drugs including alcohol and even Tylenol, GHB has no toxic effects on the liver, kidney or other organs [Vickers, 1969; Chin and Kreutzer, 1992]. One program of sleep therapy using six to eight grams daily for a period of eight to ten days produced no side effects. Vickers [1969] even reports that doses as high as twenty to thirty grams per twenty-four hour period have been used for several days without negative consequences (don't do this at home kids!). In the Canadian studies of narcolepsy mentioned earlier, the nightly use of two to six teaspoons (one teaspoon equaling roughly 2.5 grams) for several years resulted in no reports of long-term adverse effects, or problems with issues of addiction or dependence. In one of these studies, one patient inadvertently ingested fifteen teaspoons without adverse consequence "other than deep sedation and headache the next day" [Chin and Kreutzer, 1992]. And in France, sub-anesthetic oral doses were used by "a large number of patients for about six years" without untoward effect [Laborit, 1972].
A point to note, I am not justifying the misinformed use of GHB, and still think GHB the GHB/14B in the hands of the uninformed is dangerous (and more so 14B since metabolisation times can vary therefore, redoseing and inturn overdoseing is much easier).
Chem

if you are using it as a sleep aid then that's a different case entirly. what we are talking aboout here is using it as a recreatinal drug, and especially when one is using in public. there i snothing more tragic than seeing someone who' supposed to be out and having a good time with the friends, face down, looking dead and doing nothing but being a burden to their friends.
GHB has, IMO, limited value as a sleep aid as their is delayed release of dopamines, i think, at the four hour mark which can wake you right up again actually ive found this can be useful if you know you can only allow yourself four hours sleep, but i wouldnt recommend it.

Its good to see some people attempting to educate others on the dangers of drugs such as GBH and 14B. Many of the problems I am hearing from Australia are the same problems that are going on over here in NZ. When I was first introduced to GBH over here in NZ I was given strict guidlines on how to consume it and was told if I did not have a accurate measuring device I wouldn't be having any. The problems I am seeing in Auckland today are mainly caused from mis-education. Here aswell their are a couple of different mixes of GHB, one is the 15-19 ml range- the other one is the 1-1.5 ml range. Now baring a few people at the top, no one else knows what the fuck they are consuming. GHB seems to have grown in popularity in leaps and bounds, mainly caused from media attention on it (from deaths and near deaths) and only recently has GBH been considered an illegal drug, up until a few months ago it was perfectly legal. The other issue with G over here is it is so damn cheap (at under $1 a mil, u can get yourself seriuosly fucked up, for less than a beer).It has become the "drug-of-choice" for people too poor to afford the $55-75 Pills. People are seeing it as an easy way to get fucked up for very little money.
My dabbling in G has recently concluded after a fucked experience in a niteclub a few weeks ago, that left 3 people in comas. Remember its not cool to be rolling around in your own spew choking and convulsing. If your gonna touch these drugs, learn about them and be fucking careful.

Firstly nice thread, I think one of the main problems with newbie G-hoes is that they think double the dose = double the pleasure. Not with GHB obviously!
Has anyone read or know anything about the interaction of amphetamines and GHB. I thought that if you take GHB with speed/meth the dose you need to feel it increases fairly dramatically and has often been the reason why many people have overdosed. For instance a certain person always has 5ml with some speed. Then they have the same dose again without the speed thinking its fine and fall into a coma.
I think that 70g dose may have been someone who was taking copious amounts of speed/meth in combination with GHB and also had a high tolerance though 70g might be slightly exaggerated.

As well as being careful with dosage it's important to beware of the dangers in trying to aquire G from an overseas source. See thisclosed(?) thread for details.

excuse the ignorance...ladedadade...but what can you dilute Fanta with?
Anything?...is it ok to mix it with alcohol?
lockyer

Hi, welcome to Bluelight.
You have got to be kidding. Is that even a real question? Can you mix GHB with alcohol? I'm speechless. I really am. Usually I'm a pretty easy with the newbie questions, but this one is so unbelievable that I'm quite overcome with how to respond without self combusting right here in my chair.

I don't know - they did say fanta... maybe they mean fanta, in which case I'd recommend vodka... ;)

In case you missed Soma's point:
**DO**NOT** MIX ALCOHOL WITH GHB/1,4B/GBL
... unless you want to die.
BigTrancer :)

Fanta aka Fantasy is the Gold Coast slang for GHB.
Please study a drug b4 using it, and no, never mix it with alcohol

thanks to those who answered my question...i know now not to mix fanta and alcohol as i don't want to die just yet....i've never tried it but i have mates who have taken it with alcohol so i was wondering...
on another point...i always thought moderaters were supposed to lessen the noise of forums...rather than contribute to it with posts that say nothing....SOMA...something to think about..
as i learn more, i will ask more mentally challenging questions of you SOMA...until then if you did your job (that being to encourage "newbies" to stay and learn)...it would be much appreciated
lockyer

(in streetfighter voice) sonic buuuuuuuuump!!!
I've come to realise that many silly, silly g users make two very, very wrong (and possibly fatal) assumptions:
1. People don't make mistakes.
2. Accidents don't happen.
It's that simple. Wisen up people!!!