Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Let’s chat about the atheist religion.

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter
Let’s chat about the atheist religion.

Believers in the mainstream god religions often denigrate and discriminate against atheists, non-believers and rival religions on moral grounds. Godless mean without a moral sense to them.

I seek a solution to this problem, as the godless, statistically speaking, seem more moral, law abiding and peaceful than traditional mainstream religious believers who, ironically, claim a superior moral position, while having an inferior one. Statistics are quite clear on this.

As a Gnostic Christian, I get it from both sides. From believers who see me as an atheist and from atheists who see me as a believer. Both sides are wrong, given that Gnostic Christians are esoteric ecumenist and free-thinking naturalist, --- who hold no supernatural beliefs, --- regardless of the lies put into history by the inquisitors who decimated us, --- but never annihilated us. We are a religion of perpetual seekers of knowledge and wisdom, who raise the bar of excellence whenever we think we have the best ideological position.

This prevents the idol worshiping of the immoral gods, that the mainstream religions are prone to follow. This makes Gnostic Christianity a superior ideology. Perhaps this open-mindedness explains the hate towards us from god believers, as well as towards atheists and other non-believers that believers target.

Solutions to this endless denigration and discrimination are hard to come by, given that governments are not promoting any kind of dialog between the various religions and non-believers and allow religions to continue promoting vile homophobic and misogynous teachings.

To my way of thinking, be you following a theology and named god, a philosophy of a named philosopher, a religion that puts man above god and focuses on knowledge and wisdom like mine, a political tribe like Democrats and Republican, statism or any other thinking system, --- all groups named are following an ideology, --- and can thus be seem and described as a religion.

It is thus proper English to call atheism a religion. In fact, given the stats, atheism is a more moral religion than most. I am thinking that if all atheist proudly took on the religion label, --- as their atheist churches are doing, --- more god believing religionist would likely opt for atheism as their religion so as to improve their moral sense.

Take your deserved bow my atheist friends. You are now second only to my own Gnostic Christianity. We Gnostic Christian did what I advise here before the inquisitors got to us and that may be why we were known as the only good Christians.

Regards
DL

Atheism is NOT A RELIGION! It is the lack of one.

Personally I just cannot see how people can be so gullible to believe in a fairy tale that has no logic or evidence (or even suggestion of truth) behind it. I mean that shit starts with a woman made from a rib being convinced by a talking snake it eat fruit from a magic tree. Like, who reads that and thinks "yeah, sounds legit".
And even if you do believe it (fuck knows how) that is NO excuse for all the evil that has come from religion.
Pretty much all war and all prejudice and atrocities is down to religion.
I truly believe that organised religion is the root of all evil.
However if you believe in something that makes you feel at peace, makes you a better person and gives meaning to your life...and you don't try and enforce anything on other people...that's AMAZING and I'm really happy for you.
But organised religions have these nasty, unreasonable, discriminating rules and are very strict about it.

Last edited:
Religion is similar to bug infestation. That one bug has sex with another bug, now we have a baby bug. That baby bug grows and so on. What happens it's that they learn to bite -- victims -- you see, those who are very weak and take everything too personal may drown in this bottomless Sea, when they learn to bite they start to spread their infestation to other places as well. Gnostic, Sonic and even you CE, don't take it as it's not, you spoke about God as well then we have C2C and maybe others, the first 2 pages of P & S it's about God, if you go back you will see that people previously discussed the same repeat idea over and over, if isn't God it's Lucifer, and well, who the fuck doesn't like Evilness? Then *inserting typical answer*, the same loop restarts forever. It's very hard to be sane in this world when there's not enough money, belive me, there are a lotta poor folks out there. I am not rich but I have enough money to live well and because of money we have all these useless ideas/fights/frustration that doesn't make any sense. If you didn't knew this by now, God have mercy, you know. That's why they choose to belive in these flight of fantasies, because life's too much for them. They are way too little for this big world.

I don't think that a person's morality relates to whether they believe in god or not. I think moral people are moral people. They are born and raised that way.

There are plenty of atheists who were psycho killers (Hitler, Stalin), just like there were plenty of religious people who maimed and killed lots of people (the Spanish Inquisition, the Taliban, etc.)

I find the moral spectrum quite irrelevant to spiritual beliefs.

My personal beliefs are, as humans we are way to stupid to understand any sorts of higher powers or the universe. And I think all the doctrines are merely a representation of human arrogance and ego trying in an attempt to know it all, control people. To me religions are just the epitome of human arrogance.

Atheism is more relatable to me, but still being 100% certain in something so unknown and complex is a bit of human arrogance.

Personally I’m an agnostic and there is/are some sort of forced, but I believe people (myself included) are stupid and limited and we will never know this stuff for sure. I’ve had a fun load of spiritual experiences but I concede I’m to limited to even begin to understand it.

As for the afterlife. Again don’t have a fucking clue. I just fuxking hope there isn’t one.

Morals are personal and individual though. There are things I believe are just fucking immoral universally abusing children, rape, murder, violent assaults, FGM etc.

I grew up Christian as I got older I became atheist some times agnostic, I believe if there is an after life I believe it's incomprehensible,

I much prefer agnosticism. :)

I dunno how someone can honestly say with absolute certainty that there is no God of any kind.

I can understand being certain that the mainstream abrahamic religions are wrong, I can understand feeling that there's no practical reason for believing in a god.

But actually believing with certainty that no kind of God exists? I dunno how someone can be so sure, given the awe inspiring nature of the universe and all of creation.

Believing that someone needs to believe in a mainstream religion for their morality is absurd though.

If the only reason someone is a moral person is cause they're afraid of God... Then that doesn't strike me as being a very moral person at all.

And even if you do believe it

I hope that was a royal you and not directed at me.

I did mention that Gnostic Christians do not have any supernatural beliefs.

You said that atheism was not a religion. If not an ideology, what term would you use?

Further, how do you explain Atheists churches that are popping up?

Regards
DL

They are way too little for this big world.

Gnostic Christianity call gaining or achieving Gnosis as growing up.

The bible says that Christians should put away the things of children, but the lying preachers do not push that as childish adults are easier to fleece.

Regards
DL

I don't think that a person's morality relates to whether they believe in god or not. I think moral people are moral people. They are born and raised that way.

There are plenty of atheists who were psycho killers (Hitler, Stalin), just like there were plenty of religious people who maimed and killed lots of people (the Spanish Inquisition, the Taliban, etc.)

I find the moral spectrum quite irrelevant to spiritual beliefs.

Really.

Check the U.S. jail stats. 98% religious and 2 % atheist.

Read that ling in the O.P. as we'll and return to recant your wrong notions.

Regards
DL

Morals are personal and individual though. There are things I believe are just fucking immoral universally abusing children, rape, murder, violent assaults, FGM etc.

Agreed, but volume wise, women, 50% of the population, are religions longest running victims.

So many men forget that, even as their wives and daughters are considered second class citizens by the mainstream religions.

You might be right, at least about the stupidity of men. I was going to chastise you for thinking us stupid, but not by the time I finished reading you.

Pardon my honesty.

Jesus, I just noticed your avatar name. Are you a female?

Regards
DL

I dunno how someone can honestly say with absolute certainty that there is no God of any kind.

Most atheists do not say there is no god as a certainty. That would be a logical fallacy, and these days, the intelligent ones do not do it.

It is to those who claim there is a god to show proof or evidence.

Negatives cannot be proven. Only positives can.

I am surprise no atheist here brought you to task on it.

Then again, they do not tend to jump down ones throat at every opportunity the way believers do.

Regards
DL

Agreed, but volume wise, women, 50% of the population, are religions longest running victims.

So many men forget that, even as their wives and daughters are considered second class citizens by the mainstream religions.

You might be right, at least about the stupidity of men. I was going to chastise you for thinking us stupid, but not by the time I finished reading you.

Pardon my honesty.

Jesus, I just noticed your avatar name. Are you a female?

Regards
DL

Hey, I was referring to the stupidity of everyone! Especially about this area. In my opinion a pastor, rabbi, imam or monk etc is on an even playing field as the local delusional schizophrenic that has their theories. I’m always more inclined to listen to the psychotic people though, their theories are so much more interesting.

Yep. Religions mightily marginalise and fuck most people over, women cop it pretty bad - I’ve noticed Islam is really bad for that (so do the rest though), homosexuality, non believers. I personally won’t hate anyone regardless of their religion but I do really dislike it.

Heya yeah! I’m a 30 yo Female from Australia! 😀 yourself?

I'm not interested in arguing definitions, like what specifically is an atheist. Which is why I tried to specify what I was talking about without using such labels.

There's a reason I didn't actually use the term atheist in my post. It was a deliberate choice to avoid this exact kind of argument.

Really.

Check the U.S. jail stats. 98% religious and 2 % atheist.

Read that ling in the O.P. as we'll and return to recant your wrong notions.

Regards
DL

One little demographic does not an argument make.

A lot of people in prison (not jail) are from the lower class.

A lot are ethnic minorities.

A lot of men (the majority).

A lot are felons.

We could draw conclusions about morality from any of these demographics, but we would be wrong.

The majority of the world is religious. It's therefore difficult to isolate atheism or religion as a variable.

See STATS 101.

Hey, I was referring to the stupidity of everyone! Especially about this area. In my opinion a pastor, rabbi, imam or monk etc is on an even playing field as the local delusional schizophrenic that has their theories. I’m always more inclined to listen to the psychotic people though, their theories are so much more interesting.

Yep. Religions mightily marginalise and fuck most people over, women cop it pretty bad - I’ve noticed Islam is really bad for that (so do the rest though), homosexuality, non believers. I personally won’t hate anyone regardless of their religion but I do really dislike it.

Heya yeah! I’m a 30 yo Female from Australia! 😀 yourself?

I am a cranky 70 year old man that thinks Australia would be a hell of a good place to live.

I even chat on one of your forums of this type there. I am presently running a think on the environment taking the basic position shown in this great song.

I also like how you are thinking on the Muslim issue.

Regards
DL

The majority of the world is religious.

They claim to be but are mostly lying IMO., as most just inherit their vile gods and do not choose it for the religion's sake.

Some countries the vast majority claim to be religious but do not step into a church even once a year.

Religious means more tribal and not believer these days.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2VjdpVonY

Regards
DL

They claim to be but are mostly lying IMO., as most just inherit their vile gods and do not choose it for the religion's sake.

Some countries the vast majority claim to be religious but do not step into a church even once a year.

Religious means more tribal and not believer these days.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2VjdpVonY

Regards
DL

By that logic, how do you know which people in prison are "claiming to be religious" vs. not? Your point here invalidates your previous point.

There's not much point in talking to you. Your logic is flawed yet you want to be right. No room for discussion really.

Cheers.