• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Legit online psychological evaluation and therapy options?

SiriuslyLost

Bluelighter
So I have more than a handful of mental health issues but I've never fully addressed them or done any form of counseling or medication tk work or fixing it. I was curious if their was any websites that aren't scams or bs that I could go to to see about getting a full psychological evaluation and find out what a psychologist thinks. Like I wanna find out what all I have wrong and be able to read into it and understand. But I am not comfortable going somewhere physically and doing all of that in person that and I'd be to afraid to be honest in person.

So I have more than a handful of mental health issues but I've never fully addressed them or done any form of counseling or medication tk work or fixing it. I was curious if their was any websites that aren't scams or bs that I could go to to see about getting a full psychological evaluation and find out what a psychologist thinks. Like I wanna find out what all I have wrong and be able to read into it and understand. But I am not comfortable going somewhere physically and doing all of that in person that and I'd be to afraid to be honest in person.
If you are asking if there is some sort of online questionnaire you can fill out for psychologist to review without speaking with you, I don't know if such a thing exists. The closest thing I can think of that you is to try to find a clinical psychologist that will meet you via online video chat. Since covid came out, many of the psychiatric professions went exclusively to online chats or now some of them offer the option to choose online or in person.

The important thing is even if you go in person, I would highly encourage you to try to be as honest as possible otherwise it would be a huge waste of time for both of you. What makes you think a psychologist will be able to properly diagnose you if you are not honest with them? Sometimes part of getting help means putting ourselves outside our comfort zone.

If you are asking if there is some sort of online questionnaire you can fill out for psychologist to review without speaking with you, I don't know if such a thing exists. The closest thing I can think of that you is to try to find a clinical psychologist that will meet you via online video chat. Since covid came out, many of the psychiatric professions went exclusively to online chats or now some of them offer the option to choose online or in person.

The important thing is even if you go in person, I would highly encourage you to try to be as honest as possible otherwise it would be a huge waste of time for both of you. What makes you think a psychologist will be able to properly diagnose you if you are not honest with them? Sometimes part of getting help means putting ourselves outside our comfort zone.
Due to childhood trauma it's hard for me to speak to any male abt anything personal, and than If I'm having to physically be around someone and discuss how i really think and feel I'll start to get the feeling that they'll judge me even if it's a professional and it makes me paranoid and I end up lying and won't give them the full details or make it seem less bad... it's an instinctive thing and theirs many times I don't even notice I've done it till after... I wasn't looking for a questionnaire more a legit site that has psychologist that will talk to me and ask questions that I can answer so they can see what they think about my mental state.

I just want to really understand why I am the way I am. Theirs so many things I do or think or the way I act sometimes to myself or those I think I care about. Than theirs people that I should care for that I absolutely am apathetic about. Attachments that aren't there that I am pretty sure a normal person would have. Than attachments to things that a normal person wouldn't have.

Yes! A clinical psychologist that could do full online appointments and stuff pretty much. Anytime I try to just Google it I can't find anything that doesn't look scummy

No worries. I understand now why it may be difficult for you in person.

Do you have medical insurance? If so, the first place I would go is your insurance carrier's website and search clinical psychologists or simply psychologists who are in network. I don't know where you live but in the US you should be able to use one anywhere in your state via video chat, since licensing is on a per state basis.

If that doesn't work, try the Psychology Today website below:
If you scroll down towards the bottom left of the page I linked, you will find a search function for "psychological testing and evaluation" where you can search by state or zip code. The doctor summaries will inform you if they are available for online chat.

The only other site I know of is called ZocDoc:
On this site, you can search "psychologist" by zip code and insurance plan. Once you get to the search results, you may see "psychotherapy" as the type of provider, in which case you would go across the top, select "specialty" where you can scroll down to choose "psychologist", then press the apply button. That will give you psychologists in your area who accept your insurance. Once again, I'm pretty sure if you are in the US that you can widen your search results by state since they are online chat it doesn't have to be in your city.

For me personally, my therapist is located like 200 miles north of where I live and my psychiatrist is located 200 miles east. I've never met either one in person. Both I found from my insurance company's website.

you should absolutely be able to specify gender, get telehealth and get someone to assess you no problem. you deserve a diagnosis and the language to describe the issues that are going on. I know for me with PTSD, getting diagnosed and having an understanding of all the crazy shit that was happening to me was so crucial. Having words to describe the experiences you have makes you feel heard/gives you power over the process. It makes you aware that it's not you, alone, in the dark against some big thing. that these are things many people have dealt with, and will deal in the future. I very much hope you get good assessment and the support you need <3