Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Legality of Etizolam in Australia?

TendrilZ

Bluelighter
Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble chasing this up. There's very sparse information around about this but I was wondering if it was covered by the Analogue laws or if it was able to be used within Aus? I seem to find it quite difficult to determine how chemically different a substance needs to be to not be included.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

We have very broad analogue laws - it doesn't need to be chemically similar to be included...

Mr Blonde will be able to shed more light

Dude its pretty much a no go.

Thats not to say it won't slip threw the ..er...net that customs have out trying to catch illegal parcels.

Etizolam is a thienodiazepine drug which is effectively a benzodiazepine analogue. As benzodiazepines are available by prescription only it is covered under Australia's extensive analogue act.

The way in which the etizolam molecule differs from most of the benzodiazepines is that the benzene ring is replaced with a thiophene ring.

EVERYTHING is illegal here -

period.

Right... Considering this is an analogue of a legal substance i don't think this is the case... otherwise it would become very difficult to produce any new chemical. Please point us to the relevant analogue act.

Etizolam is a thienodiazepine drug which is effectively a benzodiazepine analogue. As benzodiazepines are available by prescription only it is covered under Australia's extensive analogue act.

The way in which the etizolam molecule differs from most of the benzodiazepines is that the benzene ring is replaced with a thiophene ring.

Can you provide a link??

Right... Considering this is an analogue of a legal substance i don't think this is the case... otherwise it would become very difficult to produce any new chemical. Please point us to the relevant analogue act.

hes right , and we dont produce shit , other people do , or if we do , it becomes illegal asap ...

You might not think it's the case, but it is. There are things like prescriptions and importing licences, which make things legal, but if you lack the prescription/licence it is illegal.
Australia is renown for it's extremely vague and broad analogue/drug laws.
You come in here asking for links without even using google or the BL search function.
Here is a thread with the links you're looking for.

Customs open min all the time and let it thru. Had one say it's a benzo asking a script out of 10 opens. It's unscheduled. Not a lot they can do.

What did you do when they asked for a script?

Ignored it.
It happened when Operation Pegasus was on. Had packages opened since with no issues.
These are coming from a legit pharmacy in SE ASIA so not dodgy pills in a clip bag.

Mine get opened and they are usually in clip bags. They have always gotten through.