Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Legal psychedelics in Amsterdam?

skuffedarmour

Greenlighter
Hey,

I'm going to amsterdam for my second time in a week and i'm interested in knowing what psychedelics I can legally pick up. I've been trying to read up on smart shops since last time I kind of stuck to the cannabis and didn't try much else, but I can't seem to obtain much solid information about what is available.

Am I right in thinking that only Peyote and Truffles are legal and relatively easy to obtain right now?

Anything else? I'm particularly interested in exploring any of the 2C family. Will I have any luck?

Thanks alot

I am pretty sure the 2c family is illegal there. Mushrooms may have been banned by now as well, I know they were trying to ban them recently.

I recall reading something about a year ago that mushrooms were being banned. Cannabis is probably the only easily obtainable psychedelic there, it's not legal though.

Truffles are still easy to get, you can get them more varietys than you could pre-ban too. Actual mushrooms are still sold by a few places too, but they won't sell to anyone & everyone obviously.

You can still get truffles in Amsterdam. One of my mates came back from there a few weeks ago and tried them.

I'm pretty sure it's a common misconception that drugs are legal in Amsterdam. There is a difference between drugs being tolerated and drugs being legal.

Weed is decriminalised. Mushrooms & most others are illegal. Truffles are exempt due to some loop hold in the new mushroom law.

the loophole is that they're not part of the fruiting body of mushrooms.

they're technically part of the mycelium (sorta like mushroom roots) but contain psilocin/psilocybin, albeit in a much lower concentration.

the loophole is that they're not part of the fruiting body of mushrooms.

they're technically part of the mycelium (sorta like mushroom roots) but contain psilocin/psilocybin, albeit in a much lower concentration.

Are you sure about that? I always thought truffles were just as strong as mushrooms.

^if not stronger. When i went there i had one of the 10g fresh truffles and that was alot stronger than 10g of fresh fruit would have been. I only had it once there though so who knows. As for legality i was told it has something to do with it not being considered a police mater but rather a civil matter so something the local council is supposed to deal with which they apparently choose not too.

Things to alter your mind you can buy at a smart shop:
Peyote and other cactus
kanna
HBWR... LSA
ayasuasca kits
Aminita Muscaria
some kind of smokable plant material containing some kind of dmt
salvia
some herbal pills I never bought
and other stuff I don't remember

RC's were not sold to my knowledge. Maybe if you make some friends, you may find more than I did.

Living near Amsterdam I can tell you that Peyote is not even remotely affordable to buy from a smartshop. You would need such a quantity for such a price that it becomes ridiculously expensive. They are mostly sold as novelty pet plants. San pedro is also expensive but if you really really want it it's possible. Although being a tourist it's kinda hard to prepare so I don't see it as an option.
Philosophers Stones or magic truffles are available, they are basically as good as other mushrooms although the effect can differ subtly. I prefer mexican shrooms over them and hawaiian over those but if you want to trip just stick to the truffles right?

Apart from some herbs and other stuff that most internet smartshops carry (check -snip-) there is not really anything that special I'm sorry to say.
Unfortunately we will not be discussing what is illegally available and how to obtain it, though obviously it's possible - it would be naieve to think it is not. That discussion is not admitted by others either. As a sort of historical sidenote I can only tell you that methylone (this is pretty well known, called Explosion), 4-FMP and even cathinone have been sold at least at one point or another but:

To me this is still unclear but although of the 2C-X only 2C-B, 2C-T-7 and 2C-T-2 are mentioned explicitly in the Opium List that is the drug section of the lawbook, other research chemicals cannot be legally sold. There is no analogue law. It seems that whenever sale by a shop is attempted the acting law forces it off the shelves since they are seen as unregistered medicine. Don't quote me on that though but it's the only reason I have been able to dig up that explains the situation. Today or tomorrow I will visit a smartshop and ask them about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
on a sidenote, most of the acid that is floating around in europe is said to be manifactured in the netherlands. it shouldn't be too hard to score some kick-ass blotters :)

^if not stronger. When i went there i had one of the 10g fresh truffles and that was alot stronger than 10g of fresh fruit would have been. I only had it once there though so who knows.
The truffles contain much less water than the fruiting bodies, so fresh they are comparable to fresh mushrooms, but if you dry both the mushrooms would be more potent per unit of weight.

Wow OK, smartshop guy told me that Holland has an umbrella law? Quite frankly I don't just assume that from him especially since he always clearly tries to explain more about shit than he understands about. He started off about mephedrone and how it falls out of this law right now. He knows he shouldn't get smart with me but what is he to do, he has this shop and doesn't know half the insane stuff I know about this kind of thing so give him credits for trying. Not trying to be obnoxious, its just the fact of the matter. He may just be right though I don't dismiss anything like that... but:

I mailed an ex-colleague of mine at an institute I volunteered for that is a subdepartment of the addiction care system. I went to techno parties for them and offered honest advice and support on the topic of drugs. No demonization or prevention even, but progressive harm reduction <3 Gotta love these guys and this country! Anyway she leads this regional department and hopefully she can clear up for me or connect me with someone who can, this law debate.