Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Legal High Protest NZ. Hidden Agendas

oldirtybizza

Bluelighter
Just wanted to bring this http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10905359 to peoples attention.

Basically NZ wide protests against testing of potential future legal highs on animals, which sounds semi reasonable until you see how it's presented in the media about the protest, calling potential users of these drugs 'morons', 'idiots' and 'junkies'.
I'm highly dubious of the whole argument and with a lack of other large protests regarding animal testing or I believe this is just an attempt by certain parties to derail the legislature as a whole and stop what could be an important step towards drug law reform in Oceania.
It's a fine piece of propaganda to be sure and the media has somehow managed to link the legislature and the use of legal highs to the killing of dogs (Dogs in reality being only a small fraction in such testing). Considering that the petition has 64000 signatures already and how quickly this even became an 'issue' and the media exposure it's been given this should be a reminder of the machinations of the media/govt and how cunning and manipulative their anti-drug efforts can be.

Of course we test on animals, Weve tried testing on shrubs in the past and it simply doesnt work.

But seriously, I think we should leave our emotion out of giving monkeys AIDS and let science take its course.

I'm sure there'd be loads of people who would willingly test legal highs, free drugs! Shit, there have already been loads of people who have acted as test guinea pigs by taking party drugs from just the name and packaging, the contents arent even accurately listed on most of them afaik, so they would have been taking who knows what just in order to get high. So why not get a bunch of people who want to use the stuff, get them to sign away their life, give them free samples and monitor them, even better than mice and rats or monkeys or whatever they test on as they can get some kind of verbal and written reports back in the study.

Last edited:
Theres some things you can't feasibly test on humans, like for example testing out the LD-50 of a drug on humans would be pretty impractical unless the participants are willing to cop a 50% shot of death...

I think animal testing is a neccessary evil and much care should be taken to ensure it is done as ethically as possible. I really hate people who treat animals like they are just here for the use of people, like cunts who breed race horses and shoot all the ones who aren't fast enough for example, I know that shit is off topic but I just want to highlight that I am not someone who believes animals are here to serve people. I still think though that some research needs to be done on certain drugs and diseases for example, and the outcome for the test subject in a lot of this research isn't going to be wonderful, I would personally much rather that animals suffer in this regard (to the absolute least degree possible ofcourse) than have people subjected to this sort of testing.

For the record I am not saying that no kind of tests can or should be conducted on people, just saying that animal testing definately has its place and while thinking about what happens to those animals is not nice, thinking about the same things happening to people instead is less nice and so is thinking about what would happen to a lot of people if it were not for the information gained from animal testing.

Theres some things you can't feasibly test on humans, like for example testing out the LD-50 of a drug on humans would be pretty impractical unless the participants are willing to cop a 50% shot of death...

I think animal testing is a neccessary evil and much care should be taken to ensure it is done as ethically as possible. I really hate people who treat animals like they are just here for the use of people, like cunts who breed race horses and shoot all the ones who aren't fast enough for example, I know that shit is off topic but I just want to highlight that I am not someone who believes animals are here to serve people. I still think though that some research needs to be done on certain drugs and diseases for example, and the outcome for the test subject in a lot of this research isn't going to be wonderful, I would personally much rather that animals suffer in this regard (to the absolute least degree possible ofcourse) than have people subjected to this sort of testing.

For the record I am not saying that no kind of tests can or should be conducted on people, just saying that animal testing definately has its place and while thinking about what happens to those animals is not nice, thinking about the same things happening to people instead is less nice and so is thinking about what would happen to a lot of people if it were not for the information gained from animal testing.

Couldn't agree more.