Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Legal advice

Salax

Greenlighter
I have a current prescription for Dexamphetamine (for ADHD, which I do have, and I take it as prescribed and have no intention to abuse it.) I felt this may be a good place to ask anyway, since you all may be aware of any legal issues:

- What's considered illegal for carrying it? (e.g. a day's worth of doses to take while at work/uni, not in the prescription container, without a copy of script on me)
- Legality aside, in what situations would I need to be wary of carrying any w/o script on me? (e.g. festivals? I doubt checking for prescriptions is the first thing they do.)
- Anyone know what tests would pick up on Dex? I believe the roadside/driving tests don't, would work-required medicals?

I also typically don't use the entirety of my prescribed amount each month. What amount(s) over the amount of my script would I need to be wary of (possession/etc)? In general, I'll try and fill each script as specified and use the unused part to cover gaps (e.g. psych has a waiting period for appt for next script, etc.) There's plenty of information on quantities without a prescription, but none that I found with one.

Specifically interested in any NSW laws, if relevant. Any references would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm not a lawyer. so in terms of legal advice, this is just my understanding of things so it may well not be correct.

if your prescribed the dex, then it is legal for you to possess. if your worried about been caught with it, then just carry it in its box with the pharmacy prescription label on it. I think even if you didn't and were caught. All that would necessary is a note from your doctor.

In terms of driving, you may test positive for amphetamines. Just keep the script or a note from the doctor in your glove box. Even if they arrested you, once they contacted your doctor you would not be charged.

having a script means you can legally possess these drugs.

Legally I would imagine you are fine to carry any amount of dexamphetamine so long as it does not exceed the quantity prescribed by your doctor. To avoid hassle though you probably would want the script on you otherwise cops could still confiscate them and give you a hard time until you produce the evidence of a script.

I went to TAFE with a dude who tested positive for amphetamines in a roadside drug test due to being prescribed dexamphetamine. Can't remember exactly if he just had to show the bottle or get a note from his doctor but he was let off with it after proving he was prescribed amphetamines.

One thing I have wondered since is if the test can distinguish between meth and amphetamine, if it can't then technically anyone prescribed dex could use meth and drive and get away with it, as long as they didn't have drugs or paraphernillia in the car.

Last edited:
I carried 50 not rx'd into melb. magistrate court as i forgot i had them on me, as they scanned my wallet I remembered and shit myseldf... lucky i guess

^ sounds like HST at the beginning on the second gonzo book songs of the doomed.

DEXAMPHETAMINE AND DRIVING
In Western Australia, it is against the law for anyone to drive under the influence of a
psychoactive drug (a drug that affects the mind or behaviour). Breaking this law carries
penalties including disqualification from driving, fines and/or imprisonment.
If a person is caught driving under the influence of dexamphetamine, factors such as whether
the drug has been prescribed and the type of warnings the doctor gave about driving under
the influence of dexamphetamine will be examined in court.
http://www.dao.health.wa.gov.au/Des...ore_Download&EntryId=364&PortalId=0&TabId=211

The pharmacist would not let me take any of the original scripts, so I asked them to photocopy it, and you couldn't even read it. The printer must have been low on ink.

If your going to carry it on your person you need to have them in their original container they was dispensed in also.

Last edited:
If your going to carry it on your person you need to have it in its original container it was dispensed in also.

cannot stress that enough. it's a good practice to get into.

having a note from your doctor will help your case as well.

I'm and ADD sufferer have been prescribed Dexamphetamine, It's fine as long as you carry the bottle which you've been prescribed with, all the information including your name and your prescribing medical practitioners name would be clearly indicated on the

BOX. To avoid confusion and unnecessary time wastage whether they don't believe you have ADD and you left the bottle or prescription at home and are caught carrying a few, Just bring the whole bottle with you at all times and when they do check the

label which should match your details, they will let you go, because you do have a need for those medications and not abusing them for a recreational cause. I suffer from ADD and know that whilst driving without on any of my ADD medications, I wouldn't

be able to focus at all, leading me to even crash into objects or maybe even fall asleep half way driving to my destination.

Hope this helps.

And why would you not carry the bottle with you?? Shouldn't the psychiatrist in the first place discussed and informed you about this prior to describing dexamphetamine for you? Because mine did. Thanks

Sorry but obviously you don't suffer from this disorder, and wouldn't have a clue what effects it has on a human being and it's every day life and how it affects the normal human being in functioning cognitively normal. Studies have shown,

ADHD/ADD sufferers all have problems with abnormalities in brain chemistry, not brain damage or injury, we basically have extremely low levels of neurotransmitter, mainly DOPAMINE & NOREPINEPHRINE. Please don't Comment on it,

unless you are suffering or know someone close to you that are suffering from this genuine disorder.

You obviously aren't a qualified medical practitioner, or have any knowledge in any sort of mental disorders or illnesses. Please refrain from all those biased comments which are offensive to sufferers of this Disorder.

As i've mentioned before, teachers hate me and classmates think i'm crazy and your no different, i seriously thought that in this forum, i could share my add experience with other sufferers, not for people like you jumping to conclusions

with no knowledge and basically being arrogant about it.

People who aren't diagnosed with ADHD may also suffer from the aforementioned but many continue to deal and live their lives with their ailments without the requirement of long term amphetamines use. They learn how to live life without speed with all its obstacles. Long-term constant use of dex and ritalin is not a sustainable cure, its quite the contrary.

I deal with a short attention span, periodic laziness and social mismatch anexity nearly everyday but over the years I've had to carry on and learn how to deal with life... and your brain and body have no choice but to adapt.

In France such prescriptions don't exist
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/suffer-the-children/201203/why-french-kids-dont-have-adhd

Hi Groovstarr, as you've mentioned above and the link reports are for french citizens, I'm an australian citizen and my cousin is an American citizen also suffering from adhd, from prolonged dosages of prescribed adhd medication, we've built up a tolerance

to the man made substance perfectly legal in Australia and America, and not to mention if we start going off the medication, not only would we experience depression, anxiety etc etc. Thanks

kindest regards
bloodymary (my favourite cocktail)

Sorry but obviously you don't suffer from this disorder, and wouldn't have a clue what effects it has on a human being and it's every day life and how it affects the normal human being in functioning cognitively normal. Studies have shown,

ADHD/ADD sufferers all have problems with abnormalities in brain chemistry, not brain damage or injury, we basically have extremely low levels of neurotransmitter, mainly DOPAMINE & NOREPINEPHRINE. Please don't Comment on it,

unless you are suffering or know someone close to you that are suffering from this genuine disorder.

You obviously aren't a qualified medical practitioner, or have any knowledge in any sort of mental disorders or illnesses. Please refrain from all those biased comments which are offensive to sufferers of this Disorder.

As i've mentioned before, teachers hate me and classmates think i'm crazy and your no different, i seriously thought that in this forum, i could share my add experience with other sufferers, not for people like you jumping to conclusions

with no knowledge and basically being arrogant about it.

I apparently have ADHD and have been on dex for 16yrs, more than half my life. I am certain ADD is overdiagnosed. It is likely a symptom of a school system that doesn't cater for the modern world. I can concentrate on anything I find interesting, it's the boring stuff that I don't pursue. In real life I have the choice; school didn't work like that. And god forbid you are misdiagnosed. Substance-abuse disorders are highly correlated as a comborbidity so giving patients dex is counterproductive for those who, like me, most likely have borderline personality disorder or even anti-social PD.

ADHD is over-represented b/c of changing society. Prescription of dex is even higher. Medication isn't always the answer.

And OP, the arguement about lower DA/NE levels is valid for those patients tested, but you weren't tested like that, nor was I. The subjective diagnosis which overlaps so many childhood qualities is all we have. I think symptomatic ADHD over-represents itself 10 to 1 against true biochemical ADHD

^ I agree..

How do you feel personally about being prescribed dex djsim, and how has it worked (or not) for you?