• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Leaving for Iraq

No more nasties, please!

RedHaze, good to hear from you. This isn't really Second Opinion material. I'll leave it here for now, but please let me know whether you want this in the Lounge or North & South American Social. I would have moved it to the Lounge, but I don't want this thread to get raped.

Anyhow, stay safe and let us know where to ship this.

Peace.

dont put it in the lounge, thats a horrible idea!!

anyways, stay safe and all, i commend you

my uncle might be headed back over there as well

sounds like an adventure! good luck, and duck if you hear buzzing and whizzing noises, because there ain't no mosquitos in the desert!

dont put it CEP for sure
its like a guaranteed way to make this thread self-destruct into a flame war

stay safe out there, hun. all the best and thank you for your service. 29 palms SUCKS but if i'm in the area before you leave for Iraq, i'd love to meet up with you :)

SA, you can move it to social but there's not much traffic there. i'm sure the redirect will help draw some attention...hopefully.

atlas said:
+1

try not to kill anybody who isnt asking for it

Indeed, it may be a warzone but you may want to try offering cups of tea and fresh orange before returning any bullets.

Personally I'd have never got myself in the situation in the first place. But good luck.

Last edited:
im not really sure how you expect him to "stay safe"

just be on the alerts at all time i guess. find a way to deal with psychological stress. remember what you're there for...although your ideas about the war might change after a few months

Push these negative nancies aside. It doesn't matter why he's going at this point. He's going. And he deserves support, IMO.

Respekt. Good luck. Try to come back without too much sand in your boots! :)

Good luck man. Make sure you pack plenty of baby wipes. Those things were a god send when i was there.

I got lucky and had my deployment changed from Iraq to Cyprus....What a night and day diff...

If there's anything u need i got the hook up on the MPS ;) PM me

Good luck bro

I don't think I'm revealing any secrets here or anything with this question as this info is already archived in posts made by you (Redhaze) on BL...

I thought you had a criminal record (I remember you posting about being on probation). I didn't think that you could serve in the military with any type of drug conviction...so how did that all work out?

Anyway, stay safe and come back in one piece.

best of luck man...i wondered what happened to ya...come by and say hi when you come back.

pennywise said:
I don't think I'm revealing any secrets here or anything with this question as this info is already archived in posts made by you (Redhaze) on BL...

I thought you had a criminal record (I remember you posting about being on probation). I didn't think that you could serve in the military with any type of drug conviction...so how did that all work out?

Anyway, stay safe and come back in one piece.

OT but recently in Oz they relaxed the entry requirements for the defence forces due to the low number of enlistments because of the unpopularity of the Iraq war and the % of the force deployed. They are now letting older people in, dumber people :(, people with visible tatoos and yes, people with certain criminal histories. Perhaps they did the same in the US?

Red Haze - I don't know you and I don't agree with the war but I really hope you get through it safely and don't do anything to unnecessarily antagonise the locals!