Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Learning to dance.

• Thread starter Cantdanceforshit
  • Start date
A nice big smile on your face and looking like you're enjoying yourself is a great start :D

As long as you are enjoying yourself you are dancing well.

It is always the people who have darty little eyes looking around while their shoulders are slumped that look like terrible dancers.

Like breakyaself says, it is all about confidence.

1. Remember that everyone out there is doing something ridiculous (dancing.. seriously... think about it. Ridiculous).

2. There is ALWAYS someone out there who is dancing worse than you.

3. If you are smiling and having a laugh then you are experiencing everything dancing has to offer. That is why I always bust out the worst "Robot Dance" you could imagine.

It isn't a RnB video clip you are auditioning for. Stop taking it all so seriously - it is just twisting your body in awkward angles in a dimly lit room :)

Shnouzerpuff said:
(dancing.. seriously... think about it. Ridiculous).

;) What's so ridiculous about dancing? Like, seriously, I know it's viewed as ridiculous by many... but why is it any more ridiculous than, say, singing?

Dancing is simply a fun way to keep fit :D.

^ I think what schnouzerpuff is saying is that the idea of it is ridiculous --- flailing your limbs about to music in weird and wonderful actions...which I agree with.

Singing - stringing words together to a tune - seems far less ridiculous to me.

I think both are great for people who enjoy them, and are a great way to express yourself but the concept of dancing is more bizarre.

Also - despite everyone's advice, I still think that there are always going to be people who are too self-conscious even after practising, to dance truly freely. Maybe find a simple and inobtrusive move that you feel comfortable doing and stick to that?

At least you can dance with the ladies, but won't feel like you're making an ass of yourself. :)

^^ heihei me too!! i love dancing .... really really love it =D

i love sitting back and watching people dance too .... if someone is a real good dancer then its a pleasure to watch cos you get happy just seing that they are having such a good time :D

I can really relate to the original post. All the above advice is excellent - all these things worked for me. One important piece of advice is - don't go to clubs where people will judge you for your crap dancing. I have had chicken wigns thrown at me for not observing that one. Actually that one worked out OK; I confronted these two guys and said "Why don't you stop criticising and come up and dance with me". Of course they were too embarrassed, but their girlfriends weren't - they were dancing with me while their boys sat there looking like knobs. ;)

So basically just push through your self-consciousness. You've got nothing to lose. Oh yeah - and check the quotes below ...

if your kitchen has wooden or vinyl floors, slip some socks on and slide around on it for practise :)

Pff, if you're trying to dance to impress someone maybe you shouldn't worry about dancing. And if you do want to meet new people by dancing join some gay arse 60's social dancing class, you'll meet lots of ladies there.

If you're more than your head to music then your dancing, fuck if they are coming up to you to ask for a dance you may want to consider the following:

1. They've gone that far they probably wont care how you dance, it's more of an ice breaker.
2. As they have approached you, you could probably say that you dont enjoy dancing that much, how about a drink instead?

A few people have said it - but i used to be just like you - carbon copy. the best advice i ever got was "just smile" .. the rest looks after itself ! Have fun ... i'm 35 but smile and you'll have more gun dancing years than i could dream of ..

If you're going to consider joining a dance class, consider join a massage class instead. You get to grope people as opposed to just dance with them, and if they ask why youre in there without a partner, just lie, and say you're doing it to help your girlfriend relax when she gets home from her 12hr/day shifts at the local <insert shitkicker job here>, so she can kick her alcoholism.

I'm sure you get the gist.

Im suprised noone said 'take ecstacy'.
Of course ive never done this, would never condone such things and im sure it wouldnt work anyway

*lovingly strokes an invisible kitten on the way out*

Some people have no rhythm. None. I am one of these people. So I don't dance. Works for me.

hang on a sec... you said you "had chicks to teach you"...

well... a few drinks and some close bodily contact can only do one some good, hey ?

unless they are charging you for it...:\

Im sure you've just never met the right song is all

For inspiration, maybe up all night should watch/ rewatch The Jerk with Steve Martin =D

0783226799.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

From the Movie

...Navin, I wrapped your sandwich
in cellophane, just like you like it.

You want to come in and sing some blues?

No, thanks, Taj.

There's something about those songs.

They depress me.

Come here, darling.

That's it, darling.

You're getting the rhythm. See?

And that concludes
this Sunday night Gospel Hour...

...live from the
Four Square Gospel Church...

...at the Divine Salvation
in St. Louis, Missouri.

The Reverend Willard Willman, Pastor.

And now, music throughout the night.

Music in a mellow mood.

- Grandma!
- What happened?

- Look!
- What happened?

Don't touch that radio! Don't touch it!

Turn it up! Turn it up!

I've never heard music like this before!

It speaks to me! Taj! Dad!

This is unbelievable. Now watch.

Yeah?

Well, if this is out there,
think how much more is out there!

This is the kind of music that tells me
to go out there and be somebody!