Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Law : tapping phones

XSI11V
That's hilarious...
If only it really was that easy.

Don't quote me on this, but I've heard through certain sources that since the Sydney games have been on the agenda, the Aussie governemnt has established a scanner of some sort that recognises certain words or phrases to try and identify any terrorist activity.
Heard no mention of the feds trying to find drugs, but things could be interesting after the games if they still have these scanners in operation, and turn their purpose into anti-drug instead of anti-terrorism.
As I said, I only heard it, and I have NO way of proving whether it's true or not!
------------------
I think of my life as a series of sketches; each one funnier than the last

Who needs landlines anyway?? Get urself a mobile in another name and use that...but remember the name and get those who call you to use that name...and turn it off when ur with ur DD just incase...(now no one heard that from me cause i'd lose my security lisence..)

Sorry to pop in so late in the discussion.
It is true that only Federal police have the authority to tap someones phone. But if a State police officer wants a phone tap, they can seconder a Federal officer to their unit for the duration of their investigation. Pretty sneaky, huh?
Oh yeah, and it's not just phones that the Federal police have the authority to tap, they are also allowed to 'bug' your house. I'm talking video and audio. If you're saying to yourself 'big deal', try and think back to every conversation you've had, every person you've seen, in fact, EVERYTHING that has gone on in your house over the last three months. Now, all of that was observed twenty-four hours a day, by a Federal police officer. It's not a nice thought. But they have the power to do it (obviously they need a warrant).
And who says Big Brother isn't watching you?
------------------
Reg:"You wanna have babies?????"
Stan:"It's my right as a man."
Reg:"But you can't have babies."
Stan:"Don't you oppress me!"
Reg:"I'm not oppressing you Stan, you haven't got a womb! Where's the foetus going to gestate? You gonna keep it in a box?"

The idea of a program/scanner than scans calls, emails or mail is just an old urban legend that has no truth to it.
Think of the logistics. Say there is only one phone call made a day per australian. That equals 17-18million calls to monitor. Not possible.
Sometimes logistics gets in the way of all this paranoia.

Corinathan.. if thats true they would of caught me spanking off numerous times .. doh !!
smile.gif
lol..

almost completely off topic but this thread aint going much further so who cares
Youg guys all know about the Claremont serial murders? Well the coppers have had a suspect for ages. They're doing great for catching him. Soooooo covert. They have a car outside his house 24/7, its a little obvious who and why they are. And they follow him everywhere, and he knows this. Its been in the media and well, it would have become obvious to him anyways i reckon.
They did have a whole heap of surviellance equip in his house, so much so that the camera's & audio devices etc in the ceiling above his study... fell thru onto his desk. Covert aye? Apparently if he'd been sitting at his desk he probably would've been killed.
Kinda restores your faith in the police force's ability to fuck up an important case.

Entropope,
remember the days of eXcapade in 1997-1998?? there was gonna be a HUGE brawl (someone called in) and a random breath test station on albany hwy and the cops were routed to the RBT station...says a lot about their prorities
up there) where your calls ARE monitored, a friend was making personal calls on a military phone and was reprimanded, we are
You THINK they can spare the manpower to tapping/monitoring you??? NAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
coming from a place like singapore ( i grew quite safe here.