• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

last movie you watched v. 2.0

Carl Landrover said:
What didn't you like about it?

I was looking for a suspenseful movie and that delivered. It wasn't even that corny compared to similar movies like it.

*Minor Spoilers*

NSFW:
The only thing I didn't like was they never explained any of the motivation for fucking with those 2 people. Made it feel sort of pointless

Would you suggest going to the theaters to see this for full effect, or renting it on DVD? The only reason I ask is my BF and I go to the movies at least once a week, and I've seen previews for this for about 2 months now. I'd like to see it for thrill factor (if better on the big screen). If it's not as good as the hype, I'd rather save my $10 and watch it at home.

Slay said:
i suggest download it from p2p instead paying:)

well, one of the bigger theaters here has a "five buck club" where you sign up and get a card to see movies about a week after release for $5. it works well for when we want to just get out of the house. otherwise, we p2p or use itunes all of the time.

Getting Indy - Oldie!

I just saw the latest Indiana Jones Movie. It was, overall, a good movie. However, the there was so much CGI "over saturation" I felt weird. Like I should be younger, watching this movie!

=D

eras3r said:
Would you suggest going to the theaters to see this for full effect, or renting it on DVD? The only reason I ask is my BF and I go to the movies at least once a week, and I've seen previews for this for about 2 months now. I'd like to see it for thrill factor (if better on the big screen). If it's not as good as the hype, I'd rather save my $10 and watch it at home.

If you like these type of movies, I'd definitely suggest seeing it in the theaters over waiting for the DVD. I even commented on this after the movie and teh girl agreed. It just wouldn't have been the same experience on a DVD, even if you have a sweet system.

I thought it was worth seeing. I didn't expect much though, and expectations always play a big role, especially in the first viewing. I was just hoping to see a suspenseful movie that kept me interested througout. This delivered in those regards, so I was happy with it.

Adaptation

adaptation_thumb.jpg

I enjoyed this immensely. And I particularly liked the opening monologue because I felt an instant connection to Charles. The way he goes off on a tangent, the way he views himself, pretty much sums it all up for me.

Charlie Kaufman: [voiceover] Do I have an original thought in my head? My bald head. Maybe if I were happier, my hair wouldn't be falling out. Life is short. I need to make the most of it. Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I'm a walking cliché. I really need to go to the doctor and have my leg checked. There's something wrong. A bump. The dentist called again. I'm way overdue. If I stop putting things off, I would be happier. All I do is sit on my fat ass. If my ass wasn't fat I would be happier. I wouldn't have to wear these shirts with the tails out all the time. Like that's fooling anyone. Fat ass. I should start jogging again. Five miles a day. Really do it this time. Maybe rock climbing. I need to turn my life around. What do I need to do? I need to fall in love. I need to have a girlfriend. I need to read more, improve myself. What if I learned Russian or something? Or took up an instrument? I could speak Chinese. I'd be the screenwriter who speaks Chinese and plays the oboe. That would be cool. I should get my hair cut short. Stop trying to fool myself and everyone else into thinking I have a full head of hair. How pathetic is that? Just be real. Confident. Isn't that what women are attracted to? Men don't have to be attractive. But that's not true. Especially these days. Almost as much pressure on men as there is on women these days. Why should I be made to feel I have to apologize for my existence? Maybe it's my brain chemistry. Maybe that's what's wrong with me. Bad chemistry. All my problems and anxiety can be reduced to a chemical imbalance or some kind of misfiring synapses. I need to get help for that. But I'll still be ugly though. Nothing's gonna change that.

Pure friggin' genius! :D <3

Last edited:
^yeah i can't wait to revisit that one. had it on dvd but it vanished. recently aquired another copy and can't wait to show the missus. "happy together" is such a fantastic song to conclude a movie with :D

last night we saw "forbidden kingdom"
modern karate kid set in a fantasy world that makes countless references to many things i love. jet li monkey king ftw!

Master of horrors series... the one about the oil monster that turns people against each other...

it was um weird and boring...

Last edited:
videoposter.gif

the big one

on the totem pole of moore this one ranks slightly above canadian bacon. maybe.

poster_theeye.jpg

i didn't have high hopes for this at all. really just wanted to check it for Alba and Posey.

the first half was interesting and creepy. the last half hour kinda went to shit.

overall, not a bad little thriller-chiller.... 3 stars.

Ravr said:
Master of horrors series... the one about the oil monster that turns people against each other...

it was um weird and boring...

I loved the one with the serial killing hitch hiker is picked up by a serial killer of hitch hikers.

The one where the dead came back from the dead to sway a vote was classic also;)

tribal girl said:

One of my faves. I've probably seen it 10 times or so. Beautifully written. Beautifully acted. Beautifully directed. Funny. Depressing. Real. Magical. Yeah, it has it all. :)

poster-iamlegend.jpg

Finally got the time to see this one. My wife and I liked it. Way better than The Invasion by Nicole Kidman.