• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Lamotrigine

Mr_Fluffykins

Bluelighter
Anyone have experience with this drug
it is the first psychiatric medication i went on(besides shit for adhd)
i took 25 mg yesturday and got a great sleep, its perscribed for bipolar,
i feel mellow, kinda tired, maybe even feel baked a little(without anxiety that acompanies use of marijuana for me), ive also been thinking about food alot,
had a few weird dreams last night, that also invovled food

in 2 weeks i will go up to 50mg, then 2 weeks more up to 100mg, then 1 week up to 200mg

i feel great today? is this placebo effect? can it work this fast? is this euphoria,

thanks bluelight, i love your pussy

Anyone have experience with this drug
it is the first psychiatric medication i went on(besides shit for adhd)
i took 25 mg yesturday and got a great sleep, its perscribed for bipolar,
i feel mellow, kinda tired, maybe even feel baked a little(without anxiety that acompanies use of marijuana for me), ive also been thinking about food alot,
had a few weird dreams last night, that also invovled food

in 2 weeks i will go up to 50mg, then 2 weeks more up to 100mg, then 1 week up to 200mg

i feel great today? is this placebo effect? can it work this fast? is this euphoria,

thanks bluelight, i love your pussy

placebo man I take 125mg for temporal lobe epilepsy and I havent felt anythign like that not even when I first started taking it.

I used to always have vivid dreams before I used to take them but I think since I have started them I have lucid dreams.

I trailed lamotrigine for about 2 weeks before I chucked it in the garbage bin (blissfully unaware of the fortunes it cost, being covered by university insurance back then!).

The effects were basically like the brain-fog that happens after a heavy session with one of those those Indica-dominant strains: feeling more stupider, lack of creativity a la antipsychotics, and continuous somnolence. Didn't do anything for my volatile moods and in fact the palpable sense of "d'oh" made me even more depressed. Gabapentin worked (and still works) far more effectively, and not to mention, immediately too.

Last edited:
I've been on lamictal (lamotrigine) for a while now; ten months or so. I've been diagnosed with bipolar and have been taking 150mgs the entire time up until about 2-3 months ago when I decided to try taking less.

I've split my dose in half and now only take 75mgs a day and I still feel great. Overall lamictal has worked awesome for me, and I have been on more medications, and med combos, than I can remember.

Obviously after being told to take SSRI after SSRI when I was a teenager and finding my depression to be getting worse with all the medications I thought there was no hope - that was until I did my own research when I found out I was most likely bipolar.

I did a lot of reading and found lamictal to be a good candidate for my bipolar and suggested I try it to my doctor. I'd say within 2-3 weeks I noticed a difference and ever since then I've been very balanced psychologically/emotionally, which is much better than feeling sad for no reason, or getting manic randomly.

I was just looking up some more information to give you about lamictal and it appears they are coming out with, or have already, an extended release version as well (although it may not be available to you yet depending where you live).

Anyway, good luck and if you have any questions about lamictal, or bipolar etc. just PM me.

-dp

200mg is considered the lowest theraputic dose, but obviously YMMV. I recently switched off this drug for the second time due to the "brain fog" issue which was affecting my memory, particularly word recall.

I take 200mg of lamotrigine daily for epilepsy and, whilst working well in terms of controlling my seizures, I have noticed absolutely no other effects from it. I feel exactly the same on it as I did off it, no brain fog, sedation or memory problems. It is probably the perfect anti-epileptic drug for me - effective, with no side effects - although I was hoping to notice some of its purported mood-stabilising and anti-depressant effects.

Lamotrigine is not an antidepressant, it's a mood stabilizer. What that means is that it keeps your brain from getting overexcited, as happens in a seizure, migraine headache, or manic episode. It controls the depression in bipolar disorder secondarily, by keeping a lid on the mania. If you don't have epilepsy, migraines, or bipolar, lamotrigine isn't going to do you a whole lot of good. I can imagine someone who suffers from severe mood swings might find the relief it brings pleasurable, though.

I've been on lamictal (lamotrigine) for a while now; ten months or so. I've been diagnosed with bipolar and have been taking 150mgs the entire time up until about 2-3 months ago when I decided to try taking less.

I've split my dose in half and now only take 75mgs a day and I still feel great. Overall lamictal has worked awesome for me, and I have been on more medications, and med combos, than I can remember.

Obviously after being told to take SSRI after SSRI when I was a teenager and finding my depression to be getting worse with all the medications I thought there was no hope - that was until I did my own research when I found out I was most likely bipolar.

I did a lot of reading and found lamictal to be a good candidate for my bipolar and suggested I try it to my doctor. I'd say within 2-3 weeks I noticed a difference and ever since then I've been very balanced psychologically/emotionally, which is much better than feeling sad for no reason, or getting manic randomly.

I was just looking up some more information to give you about lamictal and it appears they are coming out with, or have already, an extended release version as well (although it may not be available to you yet depending where you live).

Anyway, good luck and if you have any questions about lamictal, or bipolar etc. just PM me.

-dp

Same here (totally never seen your avatar/screen name before creating mine) like minds think alike LOL

I've been on lamictal going on 3years now...Best med for my bi-polar. Took years to find the right one, I just take 200mg. Lamictal thats it a day (morning) I have been on Depakote,seroquel,prozac,lithium,etc...Some of em' almost killed me...No side effects,no lethargy,no weird dreams. I can function pretty level. Doesn't work that way for everyone but it works for me.

Im on Lamictal and Gabapentin

Ive been on the Lamictal for around 5 years now at2- 150mg tabs daily...I never got high off it but I never really tried cuz if I take extra dosage thena Id have to do without at som point til next script and boy thats nothing u wanna miss sosses n whatnot! Ive been on all typs of meds for all typs off diagnoses since about 8yr old,been an addict half my life and nothing messes with me quite like Lamotrigine! I can be just hours late taking it n more symtoms than i remmber even having such as...bad anxietty,paranoia,explosive temper,depression,second guess every word out my mouth trust me Its not just a mental thing...