• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

L-Tyrosine

Taken amphetamines before MDMA should not be much of a problem in the neurotoxicity sense.
Problems such as overexertion, blood pressure skyrocketing etc are more of a concern maybe at that point.
It shouldnt still be doing a hell of a lot; esp if taken well before the MDMA and a modest amount.
Meth MAY be slightly different.
SSRIs r recommended to be taken around 6 hours after taking the pill.
The one to take is an argument which has been going on in the medical forum for AGES. Personally i think Paxil (paroxetine) maybe the one to go for as its meant to be "stronger" (more effective at plugging the transporters) than prozac but has a shorter half-life.
Immediate results is what u want here; and quicker breakdown esp if also taking 5-HTP a bit later on. (Do not mix 5-HTP with SSRIs)
It can be ordered over the net; but it wouldnt take u long to find a person on it though; and half a packet should last u close to a year if ur responsible.

also,
http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum19/HTML/005104.html?reload=12
'***Final Discussion*** Post-load for speed use?'
------------------
"The principle of evolution by selection is best known from the natural selection theory developed by Darwin to explain evolution of biological organisms. Dennett calls this natural selection principle a universal acid: it is such a powerful concept that it bites through everything."

Ok so the conclusion is that speed after MDMA is damm bad for you, just curious at ways to minimise harm if speed is too be taken in conjunction or after MDMA. Currently I postload 1000 mg Vitamin C, a multivitamin and 5-HTP is there anything else that would decrease neurotoxicity and what else should be avoided so far i gather L-Tyrosine and L-Phenyalanine aren't the best things for you after MDMA.

OT2 : I agree credit is due for bumping such a collective of oldskool blue ;)

Eh I'd say some of the information in this thread has been partially invalidated... I agree increased dopamine levels increase the potential for neurotoxicity, but this seems to be correlated with increased body temperature more than anything else.

RE: TYROSINE after MDMA
Will ingestion of tyrosine always produce increased levels of dopamine? Or will tyrosine only convert to dopamine when there is a dopamine deficit?

The problem is that the conversion of tyrosine -> DOPA is rate-limited by tyrosine hydroxylase.... this pathway is also (usually) saturated... taking tyrosine may help if you have quite low blood levels of tyrosine, but otherwise its unlikely to do much....

This is why giving tyrosine to people with parkinsons does very little at all; giving them l-DOPA helps enormously (even though its neurotoxic =\)

I needed to bump this fine thread again as I can't find the information I'm after.

In the instance of both methamphetamine and MDMA being consumed in a single session, what is the most effective pre- and post-loading regime to minimise harm (aside from avoiding this obviously harmful combo)?

From what I've read, L-tyrosine should not be taken immediately after the meth and MDMA combo. Assuming one was to take 5-htp on the comedown, how long is it necessary to wait before taking L-tyrosine? Will tyrosine offer any protection at all in these circumstances?

If you're taking both meth and MDMA what you're going to need is HardcoreAntioxidantPower(TM). Oxidative stress seems to be the primary cause of MDMA's ability to inflict axon damage. There's some suggestion that excess calcium influx into certain neurons may also be responsible for semi-permenant stimulant tolerance.

My suggestion: Take as many of the following as your stomach can handle.
1) Vitamin C - 1000mg or thereabouts
2) Vitamin E - 1000IU or thereabouts
3) Taurine - 1000mg (Taurine acts as a non-competitive NMDA antagonist, and is probably good for your brain overall. May help prevent tolerance)
4) Magnesium 500mg or 1000mg. Also acts a NMDA regulator. Good for energy production too.

Now the more hardcore bits
5) Alpha-lipoic acid. 200mg, or more if you can handle it. It's got rather a short half-life, though, and you may have to redose every 2-3 hours.
6) N-Acetyl-Cysteine. Great at supporting glutathione, one of your body's top antioxidant mechanisms. There's been some question over whether glutathione adducts of MDMA are responsible for toxicity, but AFAIK that's never been proven, and most studies show that NAC reduces meth toxicity. Ask bilz0r if you want more info :p A lot of people find NAC hard on the stomach.

Make sure you include a good multivitamin along the way.... Swisse make a really good one in Australia.

Keeping yourself adequately hydrated, with adequate antioxidant levels and keeping yourself cool is going to go a long way to preventing potential neurotoxicity. MDMA neurotoxicity requires hyperthermia. If you can keep yourself at normal temperature it won't happen. Meth raises body temp, unfortunately =\

This is why taking lots of pills and dancing like a maniac all night is a bad idea in my view.

^ Velocide X - Great post, can all those supplements be found in Australia?

Now the more hardcore bits
5) Alpha-lipoic acid. 200mg, or more if you can handle it. It's got rather a short half-life, though, and you may have to redose every 2-3 hours

Various people have mentioned before (at least in Health Q&A) that there is an 8 hour time release ALA. I have looked about about but only found 'standard' ALA. Would love to know if there is even 8 hour time release in shops in Australia.

Doooofus said:
^ Velocide X - Great post, can all those supplements be found in Australia?

Yep. Check out Musashi supplements, usually available through large vitamin shops or bodybuilding places... you can often buy bulk poweder (75g) and save yourself heaps. Be prepared for feral tastes though =\

N-Acetyl-Cysteine is harder to find, but still available if you look.

Fantastic post VelocideX, thank you *so* much. So is it wise to avoid taking 5-htp as well as L-tyrosine after consuming both MDMA and meth? Or should it be relatively safe to take 5-htp on the comedown and avoid L-tyrosine until 24 hours afterward? I realise I'm stepping into unresearched waters here, but any help would be great.

5-HTP should be fine straight after, so long as you dont go and eat 1g of it, and so long as you aren't on any MAOIs (which you shouldn't be given that you're taking MDMA anyway :p )

5-HTP should help for meth comedowns anyway -- methamphetamine is a serotonin releaser too, albeit less potent

I recently purchased some of this Mood Food .

It contains:

500mg DL-Phenylalanine, 500mg L-Tyrosine, 200mg Trimethylglycine, 100mg Vitamin B5, 75mg L-5 Hydroxytryptophan (Griffonia simplificolia beans), 40mg Niacin (nicotinamide, nicotinic acid), 20mg Vitamin B6, 100µg Folic acid, 10µg Vitamin B12.

I usually take 100mg of 5-HTP, 10mg Niacin, 50mg Magnesium + 1000mg of Vitamin C after a night out.

I was thinking of continuing to take the 5-HTP/Magnesium/Vit C combination in the morning, then the new 'Mood Food' supplement in the evening, the day after pilling. I.e. 6 hours after the initial 5-HTP supplement.

Do you think this would be a good combination and timing?

I had heard, through the grape vine that Taurine can trigger epilepsy, I find this very unlikely as it is in most animal meat. Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: