• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

Kwanza?

Edvard Munch

Bluelighter
Hi, guys. Edvard Munch, here.

I know how many of us don't like Christmas, but I just like to mention how much more inferior Kwanza is. This ritual all seems very scary to me.

Each of the seven days of Kwanzaa is dedicated to one of the following principles, as follows:

* Umoja (Unity) To strive for and to maintain unity in the family, community, nation and race.
* Kujichagulia (Self-Determination) To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves and speak for ourselves.
* Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility) To build and maintain our community together and make our brothers' and sisters' problems our problems and to solve them together.
* Ujamaa (Cooperative Economics) To build and maintain our own stores, shops and other businesses and to profit from them together.
* Nia (Purpose) To make our collective vocation the building and developing of our community in order to restore our people to their traditional greatness.
* Kuumba (Creativity) To do always as much as we can, in the way we can, in order to leave our community more beautiful and beneficial than we inherited it.
* Imani (Faith) To believe with all our heart in our people, our parents, our teachers, our leaders and the righteousness and victory of our struggle.

what about ramadan. eating while the sun is up is for suckers.

oh wait, thats not even usually during december is it?

ya, islam.
islam is actually pretty cool to study, but some of the practitioners take things way too fucking far.
oh wait, its liek that with all religions. except for buddhism and baha'i, which both fucking rock. <3

ramadan is based on the lunar calendar so it travles throughout the conventional year by like 13 days each year. I am not sure of the dates but I do know it came about 2 weeks earlier this year that it did last year. ;)

^wut about a moon god idol?=p

All I know about kawanza I learned form the boondocks

HURAMBI!!!

Kwanzaa is bullshit. It's only practiced by idiotic American blacks who have too much destain for mainstream (read: white) American culture and too little money to actually celebrate Christmas. It was big back when wearing fake African patterned clothes and referring to the "motherland" were popular back in the '90s, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who isn't a card carrying NAACP member who would admit to even liking that retarded pseudo-holiday these days.