• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Kratom Tapering Schedule

HeadHigh

Bluelighter
Okay, so as we all know, kratom is most likely about to be placed into schedule 1 drugs. I am looking at my options right now, and my best option is to go ahead and taper off. I have done this a couple of times before, but only stayed off of it for a couple of days before jumping right back on. I think im finally ready for it, but i want your opinions on my plan.

Currently i am using 3g in the morning, and 4g at night, which i know is not very high comparatively but it will still be a slight challenge for me.
Right now, my plan is to drop .50g every 3rd or 4th day. Therefore i would be done within a little over a month. I would drop down to about 2g a day and then jump off completely. I know its a lengthy process, and many people might just want to jump off quickly and get it over with, but i dont mind the time. I tend to have a very strong willpower when i need to, so hopefully i can use that during this time period.

Im really just looking for any advice or input others may have.

If you have the time, I suggest tapering by dropping your dose by 10% once a week until you get to 5% of your pre-taper dose, at which point jumping off.

Dropping by 10% of the original dose, or 10% of each dose?
Like 10% of 7g each time (.7g) or 10% of 7, 6.3, 5.67, 5.10?

Just lower each dose by a lil a day it is not that hard of a drug honestly. When I don't take it a day at all period I just want to nap. It's not like benzo or opiate tapering

Dropping by 10% of each dose? . . . 10% of 7, 6.3, 5.67, 5.10?

This. You could do the same thing with a 20% taper decrease of each dose in the same fashion if you have a limited supply or amount of time to do this in. Still will be pretty comfortable.

I used kratom for years till it was banned here in the UK back in May, was using 50g a day for a couple of years. I managed to stop with only a upset stomach no other physical withdrawal symptoms thankfully.

The psychological withdrawal was hard though, I wasn't ready to quit and because I'd been brewing the tea for years suddenly not completing that ritual everyday...well I didn't know what to do with my time

I think itts the psychological part is what is hard with kratom...best of luck to you

How did you deal with the psychological aspect of it? because i think thats what im going to have a problem with too

Structure. Going to meetings I felt comfortable in and going back to school to learn about stuff I'm passionate about really made it a lot easier to stay on track. Working with a good therapist is also very helpful.

Im still in college right now, so hopefully ill have plenty of stuff to keep me busy. I really just need to get a good therapist

I am, ironically, doing psychology with a focus on substance abuse.

UPDATE: I am currently down from 7g a day to 5.4g, and am shooting for 4g within the next week. So far so good. I think that i am finally in the right mentality to end this dependency.