• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Kratom Strains

Parabolan

Bluelighter
What kratom strains did you find in experience were the best for dealing with anxiety? What quantity did you use per serving?

Thanks,

You are bound to get all kinds of replies but here is my experience with this substance. For me.....it doesn't matter the strain or the color or what marketing name the vendors give it. It is totally dose dependent. Smaller doses produce energy, stimulation, and focus. Larger doses produce calm feelings, relaxation and sleepiness.

This is how kratom works for me and a few others that have shared their experiences with here on bluelight. I am going to relate this to some pharms that I have taken as far as the general feeling. These feelings aren't quite as good as the pharm feels but it's close.

3 grams feels like a low dose of adderall ( maybe 20 mgs and a cup of coffee )

5 grams feels like a maybe 30 grams of adderall with a couple of tramadol thrown in

7 grams feel like a soma 350 mg and a couple codeine tablets

I haven't dosed more than 7 grams at a time. I did try an extract the other day and for the first 20 minutes I started sweating and felt really " rushy " and then that wore off and I was totally relaxed ( felt like I had taken a few hydros ). Slept like a baby that night too. Shame they are so pricey but it's probably a good thing as I would undoubtedly purchase more and drive my tolerance way up.

From what I can tell, strains are mostly bullshit. If you go to the places where kratom are harvested and ask about strains... You get answers like "Only Kratom. No strain." That being said, go for a red or green if you're trying to avoid anxeity. All white strains made my anxiety shoot through the roof. Good luck.

Yeah supposedly the darker red/brown the strain the more relaxing opiate like effects and green/white strains are more stimulating due to different ratios of the various active alkaloids in kratom.
It's been a few years since I used kratom but I always went for the red strains and they seemed to do the trick. So did the green and unidentified strains to be fair.
I think the whole strains and kratom thing is mainly a way of attracting customers as it sounds way better than "our kratom is good honest injun."

Good kratom actually tastes so good once you get used to it.

i wish there were cafes so I didn't have to deal with the temptation of sitting on a pound of kratom at my house lol

yeah I know you can order smaller amounts, but when order to the home the impulse buy becomes a wholesale sort of thing unfortunately

I'm pretty sure they have kratom bars in florida, though.

ive been with the same vendor since the begining of my running through the jungle about 3 or 4 yrs ago.
her strains are def distinct in action.
t he reds are more sedating
the greens are a pick up
the whites are edgy. too much for me. i have ordered the white a couple times and i cannot take it. naturally edgy anyway, so....
i stick with the green. it covers all i need and want in my chosen maintenance plan (both physical and mental)
the market is rife with ripoffs and misleading hype for sure. all bidnesses is/are.
s hit i hooked up with my soure on ebay when it was legal there. shit is fire.
no. i will not give up my source as this is da rulz. lol i think i done did somewhere round here but it was all an accident and it wadñt even me that put it out there. man im trippin my bad done went off on a tangent weed man just called gotta bounce inna min. haha

There is some marketing gimmick involved with colors and strains, for sure. However kratom is also indigenous to several islands and there is a maeng da strain of the plant which is more potent. I had been reading about that since long before kratom became popular around the world (I wrote the second or third report on Erowid way back in 2003, when no one had heard about it and you could only get crushed leaf. They sent me a pound of the maeng da once, which was twice the price, by accident, and it blew my socks off compared to the normal stuff I was getting). Kratom contains a bunch of alkaloids, and it stands to reason that different islands might produce a different plant with different alkaloid ratios and possibly even entirely unique alkaloids from one to the next.

But the color of the powdered leaf mainly comes from drying method. Greens are dried fresh, and reds are fermented (I believe this is the difference). It is possible that fermenting the plant changes the alkaloid profile. I can say with confidence that by and large, the colors do make some difference, and I have grown to prefer greens as there is less of the dizzying effects at higher doses. The brand (ie, quality) of the kratom seems to matter the most though. I have had brands that taste very different and have a much weaker effect and never reach the same level of effect at any dose that some better quality stuff has.

All in all, it is a bit of a mystery, but all kratom is definitely not equal.

For what it's worth, back in the day when there were only 2 suppliers and it was all crushed leaf, far more expensive, and no one knew about it, I brewed it in the traditional method, which was to gently simmer the leaf in water for 20 minutes, strain, and simmer again with fresh water, combine and cool, and drink, discarding the leaf material entirely. The resulting tea turned the color of heavily creamed coffee and tasted horrible. The dose was higher, I did 10 grams my first time, but eventually would do 16-20 grams, depending on how I was feeling that day and what I was looking for. I rarely ever got the dizzying effects and the effects I got were often amazing... there was a rush similar to cocaine on the come-up, I would talk a mile a minute and run around excitedly. Then after an hour, especially when combined with weed, my eyes would half close and I felt a strong opiate effect including nodding, in fact it blew hydrocodone absolutely out of the water and I preferred it to oxy because it had a "fuller" sort of effect. No joke, and it wasn't just me, all my friends I introduced it to felt the same.

Kratom got me into opiates, before that I was kind of ambivalent about them. I did it for a number of years before the only stuff I could get anymore was the fine powder that is all you can get anymore. When I had to switch to that, I noticed that the effects became substantially less desirable. I got the dizzy effect much easier and it seemed more potent (as in I needed to dose only half as much), but the quality of the high was much less. I would try to dose as much as I used to using the old stuff/method and I just felt sick and dizzy, and I'd dose less and felt a lackluster high. That was when I moved on to oxy, heroin, poppy tea, etc.

Good kratom actually tastes so good once you get used to it.

i wish there were cafes so I didn't have to deal with the temptation of sitting on a pound of kratom at my house lol

yeah I know you can order smaller amounts, but when order to the home the impulse buy becomes a wholesale sort of thing unfortunately

I'm pretty sure they have kratom bars in florida, though.

My town has 2 kava bars that both also serve kratom. North Carolina.

I got some capsules a while ago and don't think it did anything much at all. It's been classed as a Schedule 9 drug in Australia since 2005 🤬 Typical.. Our drug laws are a joke. We can get it from the US though.

I'm getting desperate for sedatives and money isn't much of an issue, so I'll give it another try.

I'm too lazy to research.. Can I please have some recommendations as to the most sedating s#it possible? 🙄 Can you smoke this stuff at all?

Thanks ☺️

Not sure about smoking.If you have dried leafes make a verry bitter tea(prefer for me).powder into the coffea or tea...or tos'nwosh method.red strains are more sedating in general,but" green malay "was with almost withsame effect like" red borneo"They say"white" are more speedy.There are a lot of extracts also.Which was your most strict schedule-8?

For me, Red Maeng Da or Bali Red are slightly sedating at high doses. Not too high-- if I take too much I get dizzy and nauseated but it's no more relaxing.
Kratom affects everyone differently. All kratom strains are somewhat stimulating for me. YMMV.

If the UK wasn't full of arswholes, smoke cafe, kava and kratome could be a thing. Shame we spoil everything. Or the red top newspapers tell everyone we so...

Dude. If after work you could have. Nice kava/kratom brew, with different flavours. They'd be ace.
Especially with weed and shrooms, you would have people puking and crying in the streets...