• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread v. 5

Well I went to my doctor (I have an arnp/crna that I visit regularly to manage low back/hip pain. She's really open and basically handed me a script for tramadol, saying it's mild and low risk for addiction. I will post updates later, as my dad has said it makes him feel similar to kratom.

Be careful. For whatever reason, Tramadol carries a nasty withdrawal.

Well I went to my doctor (I have an arnp/crna that I visit regularly to manage low back/hip pain. She's really open and basically handed me a script for tramadol, saying it's mild and low risk for addiction. I will post updates later, as my dad has said it makes him feel similar to kratom.
Tramadol can be really addictive as its an opioid and a SSRI and withdrawal can be really really nasty
Imo something like codeine would be better

The best remedy for lower backpain (you did not mention the origin) is running. If the pain is mostly present while sitting you should try it.

I do it all day every day I never had problems.just listen to your body. It will tell you when it wants kratom. And if it ain't satisfied, that means u aren't ingesting enough. i It's when u ignore it that you suffer. I haven't suffered for a single minute for months since I started kratom... Listen to ya body and stay kratomized.

Haha nice! Well I like that.
To be honest though I'm now taking a night off. It is going OK because I am supplement with valerian root tea all day. I feel that taking this tea helps with withdrawals. I understand the logic behind taking kratom all the time, but for me financially that is just not viable. I also want to know that I can get off it if I need to.

^+1

Ow how wrong tramadol is an opioid and has an unique and unnecessary anti-depressant like effect profile which can cause severe acute depression amongs other nasties (such as brain zaps) , my point is that it might not be the strongest opiate but to intolerant users it's very abuseable and will convert even non-opiate aficionados. Look up brain zaps as a WD symptom which is unique for an opioid. I think it's very dangerous to hand out tramadol easier than say morphine , I don't think it's any less recreational just way more dangerous it also can easily cause on to have seizures at dosages upwards of 300 mg.

Perhaps relay some of this information to your doctor , like so many of her peers she's seems tragically misinformed. Actually tramadol has a low chance of killing you by respiratory depression unlike other opiates and that's what made doctors judge it as safer and less recreational/addictive than morphine I'm still not sure if they are to right all I know for sure is it's way nastier and more insidous than morphine.

This ban has me really depressed! Ive been on oxcycontin with ir oxy kickers for over 15 years i developed a plan to jump to kratom. Well im almost there i want my daily intake to be at 60mg total a day oxy then jump my plan was to stay on kratom for a couple months atleast but after hearing the ban i might buy enough only for a month. <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
^+1

Ow how wrong tramadol is an opioid and has an unique and unnecessary anti-depressant like effect profile which can cause severe acute depression amongs other nasties (such as brain zaps) , my point is that it might not be the strongest opiate but to intolerant users it's very abuseable and will convert even non-opiate aficionados. Look up brain zaps as a WD symptom which is unique for an opioid. I think it's very dangerous to hand out tramadol easier than say morphine , I don't think it's any less recreational just way more dangerous it also can easily cause on to have seizures at dosages upwards of 300 mg.

Perhaps relay some of this information to your doctor , like so many of her peers she's seems tragically misinformed. Actually tramadol has a low chance of killing you by respiratory depression unlike other opiates and that's what made doctors judge it as safer and less recreational/addictive than morphine I'm still not sure if they are to right all I know for sure is it's way nastier and more insidous than morphine.

She is not disinformed. She just does not care about the lifes of a junkie from the plebs. The longer they are addicted, the longer they mean a secured income source. Plus they stay controllable. I would probably do the same (prescribing Tramadol for chronic lower back pain) if I had no heart and no human qualites.

I don't see tramadol as way more dangerous than morphine from an overdose perspective. Sure, tramadol sucks and everything, but morphine is a pretty hardcore drug by most accounts.

I still have to be realistic and think Kratom will be illegal after Sept 30th but I'm copying and pasting this from the Drugs in the Media forum:

"Many have become resigned, feeling helpless and hopeless when it comes to keeping kratom legal. But there is reason for hope! In fact, a recent letter issued by the Center for Regulatory Effectiveness (CRE) offers several rays of hope. There are also a few additional developments that offer further reason to believe in the possibility that kratom could remain legal beyond September 30, 2016. In fact, the CRE is calling upon the DEA to take several actions, including delaying the Schedule I classification of kratom until July 1, 2017.

The CRE has sent a letter to acting DEA administrator Charles P. Rosenberg, informing him that “when 100,000 members of the public express outrage with a regulatory decision, it deserves a second look. Consequently, CRE, in its role as a nationally-recognized regulatory watchdog, is going to investigate this matter.

The CRE has reportedly received hundreds of letters, written by kratom advocates just like you who took the time to share your experiences with kratom. And your voice has been heard!

The CRE is now calling for The Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) parent agency, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), to take action. This agency has the ability to intervene with regulatory agencies such as the DEA. The CRE cited “a sharp disagreement among a number of federal agencies” as grounds for the proposed intervention. The CRE wrote, “If there were ever a time for an OMB intervention, this is it.”

The Center for Regulatory Effectiveness cites several compelling arguments in favor of kratom.

So do your bit and let them know how you feel!!! If you sit on your hands then there is no chance at all."

And now I have to ask:

Does anyone know how the Kratom march in Washington D.C. went yesterday???

No one has said ANYTHING!!

See this (was originally live from DC):www.periscope.tv/GoodLookingLosr/1gqxvdOjBEOGB

Supposedly if 200,000 signatures gotten then this would have to go to congress ....

I thought if it was 100,000 it was going to go to congress and that they already reached that number??

Can anyone else confirm?

And while I am going to watch a little bit of that video, and thanks for providing it, I was wondering if anyone can tell me a little more about what, if any, actual impact it had on the situation??

I understood from the video that it needed 200,000 sigs (could be wrong) to go before congress. He said it was the best chance of at least postponing the ban till July 2017.
You have to listen yourself as I wasn't exactly sure where in the video he said that. I thought he said kratom has a good chance if it goes before congress also. 0 fatalities for kratom alone. Kratom is a plant after all too. (which also could be considered a herbal medicine)

I think sig count is over 100,000 now.....but don't want to say for sure.

Last edited:
I still have to be realistic and think Kratom will be illegal after Sept 30th but I'm copying and pasting this from the Drugs in the Media forum:

"Many have become resigned, feeling helpless and hopeless when it comes to keeping kratom legal. But there is reason for hope! In fact, a recent letter issued by the Center for Regulatory Effectiveness (CRE) offers several rays of hope. There are also a few additional developments that offer further reason to believe in the possibility that kratom could remain legal beyond September 30, 2016. In fact, the CRE is calling upon the DEA to take several actions, including delaying the Schedule I classification of kratom until July 1, 2017.

The CRE has sent a letter to acting DEA administrator Charles P. Rosenberg, informing him that “when 100,000 members of the public express outrage with a regulatory decision, it deserves a second look. Consequently, CRE, in its role as a nationally-recognized regulatory watchdog, is going to investigate this matter.

The CRE has reportedly received hundreds of letters, written by kratom advocates just like you who took the time to share your experiences with kratom. And your voice has been heard!

The CRE is now calling for The Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) parent agency, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), to take action. This agency has the ability to intervene with regulatory agencies such as the DEA. The CRE cited “a sharp disagreement among a number of federal agencies” as grounds for the proposed intervention. The CRE wrote, “If there were ever a time for an OMB intervention, this is it.”

The Center for Regulatory Effectiveness cites several compelling arguments in favor of kratom.

So do your bit and let them know how you feel!!! If you sit on your hands then there is no chance at all."

My vendor was telling me about this yesterday. I would be so stoked if the ban got pushed back to July.

Well I just posted in Drugs in the Media that the petition had 120,000 votes and was sent to the White House today.

However, I would NOT be satisfied with it just becoming illegal in July, I don't want it to become illegal EVER in the United States.

BUT...if we can get it pushed back to July we have a better chance of permanently stopping it from becoming illegal.

I think it's the same idea the DEA had in making it just a "1-3 year ban" in that they are probably thinking that will make it easy for them to say in three years "oh yeah, by the way, it's staying illegal" and that would be that.

If we can get it delayed for the majority of a year maybe we can pick up more steam to keep it permanently legal.

An extra 10 months isn't enough for me.

It's herbal medicine for a lot of people myself included.

A guy talking in the video said he took kratom 6x a day, everyday for the past 6 years!

Well I just posted in Drugs in the Media that the petition had 120,000 votes and was sent to the White House today.

However, I would NOT be satisfied with it just becoming illegal in July, I don't want it to become illegal EVER in the United States.

BUT...if we can get it pushed back to July we have a better chance of permanently stopping it from becoming illegal.

I think it's the same idea the DEA had in making it just a "1-3 year ban" in that they are probably thinking that will make it easy for them to say in three years "oh yeah, by the way, it's staying illegal" and that would be that.

If we can get it delayed for the majority of a year maybe we can pick up more steam to keep it permanently legal.

An extra 10 months isn't enough for me.

Of course I want it to stay legal but I'll gladly take 10 months. My back pain has returned on a more consistent basis and I want to go back to using it when I need AND want it without fear of using up my stash.