• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude??!!! really??!! Its a damn leaf. considered an herb. LEGAL. Can buy it at a number of online vendors and is in NOW WAY close to Heroin. so in short NO!!!!!!!

Who claimed it was close to heroin :?

IMHO its not close to heroin or coffee...somewhere in the middle.

People should be aware of its real addiction potential if we want to keep it legal so we don't have uninformed consumers who end up addicted.

If anyone can answer this it would be great.

Why Can't kratom be sold for human consumption? It is sold as teabags and capsules, surely these are for consumption. Why is it different to other health giving herbs and sleep aids such as valerian? Because valerian is unproven amongst others

I am in the uk

If anyone can answer this it would be great.

Why Can't kratom be sold for human consumption? It is sold as teabags and capsules, surely these are for consumption. Why is it different to other health giving herbs and sleep aids such as valerian? Because valerian is unproven amongst others

I am in the uk

I don't know about the UK, but in the US I think that it can actually be sold for consumption as a supplement, but that most sellers claim it is not for human consumption just to avoid possible litigation from bad reactions and what not. It's not illegal (in most states) and is not an analog of an illegal drug so as far as I know it's completely legal to sell it for consumption.

In the US, it has to do with FDA approval and importation. They can seize incoming kratom shipments at customs if it is intended for human consumption. This is because of some stupid law the FDA made regarding importing herbs that have not been used in the US previous to some specific year. Or at least this is what I have heard from a kratom vendor.

Thanks for answering. Maybe the same may apply here as I have noticed some vendors say not for human consumption and some do not, even though they both ship from the uk. Also there is no above 18 tick box like there are in rc sites.

In the US, it has to do with FDA approval and importation. They can seize incoming kratom shipments at customs if it is intended for human consumption. This is because of some stupid law the FDA made regarding importing herbs that have not been used in the US previous to some specific year. Or at least this is what I have heard from a kratom vendor.

So why is the FDA still clearly seizing shipments of Kratom which still says on the package that it ISN'T sold for human consumption?

I had a package that once didn't arrive and I suspect this must have happened and it PISSED me off seriously.

It's literally stealing someone's mail and all the money they spent on it and should be illegal IMO.

Last edited:
Hi. I have been taking Kratom for 2 years. Its a controlled habit lol. Once in the morning with breakfast and once in the evening. I love it while I work. I am euphoric, energetic and can concentrate easily. Its fun. and you are super productive. Its like a morning coffee. I love it and would not want it any other way!!

You still feel the same after each dose two years later? That's awesome .. unlike opiates, where it's harder to achieve that wonderful feeling after daily use for two years.

I just ordered a sample pack from a reputable vendor...should be here monday. I'm stoked to try it.

So why is the FDA still clearly seizing shipments of Kratom which still says on the package that it ISN'T sold for human consumption.

I had a package that once didn't arrive and I suspect this must have happened and it PISSED me off seriously.

It's literally stealing someone's mail and all the money they spent on it and should be illegal IMO.

I've heard about this happening. I would bet they are doing it on some sort of suspicion of illegal substances thing and then just not returning it. It should definitely be illegal if it isn't already.

Hi. I have been taking Kratom for 2 years. Its a controlled habit lol. Once in the morning with breakfast and once in the evening. I love it while I work. I am euphoric, energetic and can concentrate easily. Its fun. and you are super productive. Its like a morning coffee. I love it and would not want it any other way!!

Do you take it every single day?

Have you ever tried to go without and if so, did you go into withdrawal?

I love Kratom too and kind of wish I could USUALLY be on it (not ALWAYS, I'd like to be sober at least 2 days a week minimum) but I just don't want to be addicted.

Also, what kind of Kratom do you like best and do you find it doesn't keep you up at night?

Cause usually I can't fall asleep if I've taken Kratom in the past 5 hours or so.

I was using twice daily and have cut down to once daily....Been on it for a year

Have had
None today and am experiencing zero symptoms of anything....people that talk about withdrawal must be doing huge amounts of it

I was using twice daily and have cut down to once daily....Been on it for a year

Have had
None today and am experiencing zero symptoms of anything....people that talk about withdrawal must be doing huge amounts of it

Do you use extracts or plain leaf or both?

I think it probably depends a lot on the person.

Also, if today is the ONLY day you haven't had Kratom it may not be long enough for you to go into withdrawal.

Kratom's half life seems to be about 7 hours give or take from my research so even a moderate user would probably have small amounts in their system for up to 48 hours so if you use twice daily you are going to probably have a significant amount in your bloodstream for close to 3 days even if you don't use.

If you go another two days and THEN you don't have withdrawal then that's impressive.

ANYTHING labeled not "for human consumption" is just veering away from the fact that the product is a overall grey area, that can be allowed for selling IF the intent of the product is not for recreational or personal use.
...of course it IS, but those few words allow loopholes in the system (Canada for me) just like any other headshop herb.

Here's what I was talking about - from the FDA's red list : http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia/importalert_1137.html

Basically anything without a history of use before 1994 is subject to seizure without physical examination. So at this point they don't even give a shit whether it's for human consumption or not if it's coming from any of the international vendors. The FDA is fucked. Clearly big pharma feels threatened by kratom.

Kratom is a botanical that qualifies as a dietary ingredient under section 201(ff)(1) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act) [21 U.S.C. 321(ff)(1)]. When marketed as a dietary ingredient, FDA also considers kratom to be a new dietary ingredient under section 413(d) of the Act [21 U.S.C. 350b(d)] because, to the best of the agency�s knowledge, there is no information demonstrating that this substance was marketed as a dietary ingredient in the United States before October 15, 1994.

I am preparing to taper off my oxycodone, so bought a bunch of kratom samples from an online vendor who appeared to have some good reviews. I have been using the search feature here on BL in order to find best ways to consider taking the kratom, but am not having any luck. I have seen things like "make a tea, boil for 15 minutes"...what.. how much water, how much Kratom, etc. Does boiling/heating enhance the effects as I have also read of people just mixing a teaspoon in oj, which sounds a lot simpler to me. If anyone can direct me to a place that shows all the ways to try Kratom and the details for those involving making tea, it would be much appreciated.

The easiest, most effective way for me was just to heat up a cup of water, dump in the kratom, and drink up making sure to get ALL the plant material down your throat. Obviously it takes some getting used to.

Hey Shpongleton,
Thanks for the info.... so, I don' have to let it sit and steep since I am swallowing the leafs... it that the "toss and wash" method I have read about? I hope I don't puke, but willing to give it a try.

Toss n wash is you putting the plant powder into a cup and mixing it with water or something sweet till it turns to a muddy substance. Then you chug it.
After you chug it. .. CHASE the drink with something or else you greatly increase your chances of gagging it back out.

I found syrup mixed into it well. But I don't use that method.
I just fill my cup with a little water or orange juice (oj works best to mask it) put the Kratom in and Chug n' chase. Kinda like doing shots of liquor.

And most my Kratom was always maeng da, red vain, borneo white, or green malay. It was all micro busted so I had to MIX EXTREMELY WELL !!

Toss n wash is you putting the plant powder into a cup and mixing it with water or something sweet till it turns to a muddy substance. Then you chug it.
After you chug it. .. CHASE the drink with something or else you greatly increase your chances of gagging it back out.

I found syrup mixed into it well. But I don't use that method.
I just fill my cup with a little water or orange juice (oj works best to mask it) put the Kratom in and Chug n' chase. Kinda like doing shots of liquor.

And most my Kratom was always maeng da, red vain, borneo white, or green malay. It was all micro busted so I had to MIX EXTREMELY WELL !!

I thought that toss n wash was a reference for just putting some Kratom right in your mouth and washing it down with water??

That's what I do, just put some in a teaspoon, put it in my mouth and drink some water to wash it down.

I'm still not sure why so many people like to make tea, do they find the effects to be better that way?

Or is it cause some people just hate the taste of Kratom so much?

For me I don't think it tastes nasty at all, just basically like some kind of ground herb.

I prefer just to put it in my mouth and wash it down really fast.

Last edited:
Thanks to both of you for the very helpful info. I have a question: have either of you used Kratom while still taking opiates, like oxy? For example, as I taper, if I get to a point where withdrawals are bugging me, can I use the K instead as part of the taper? Or will it make me sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.