• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Kratom info

Coffeeshroom

Bluelight Crew
Hey there, i saw there is a Kratom Megathread V.6 but can't find it in the search tab. Can anyone point me in the right direction or is it none existent now?

Anyhow, I got myself 25g of Red dragon Red Vein Kratom. They are 0.5g caps. I know caps are gonna make it easier to get down but read that taking the caps takes a lot longer to work where as just gulping down the powder works faster, about a 20 min difference on onset time from what i read.

So the plan is to try this out instead of my subs or to maybe use it to come off my subs for that matter. Not sure if the one i got is the right one but from what i read on the sight, it seemed to have ticked all the boxes and has a higher concentration of Mitragynine which is supposedly to help more with wd and pain in general and that is more or less what I'm looking for. I only got a bit to first try it out and see how it makes me feel and how it works. If it doesnt help at all, i wont try it again. If it works semi then i will maybe try another strain and if it works nicely i will stick with this one for now.

But on the ROA part, just swallow the caps and wait longer or pour it out the caps into my tea and gulp it down?

Oh and seeing as im using this to replace subs ( not that i dont have any, still have 21x2mg tabs left ) but just want to see if this is a viable option and also how long after subs should i take it. Just wait the normal timeframe or gauge it by how bad the wd starts getting and also does kratom help in anyway with the "shits" of wd's or should i keep imodium on hand just in case?

Yo @Coffeeshroom
Ad v6 megathread: Don't know, seems there is none.. :unsure:

Ad sludge gulping vs. capsules: The effect of an effective dose of kratom lasts at least a couple of hours without tolerance, is it really relevant if it comes on some minutes earlier or later? Besides that, I think your metabolism is way more determining! For me it can range from 15min to 1h (usually between 30 to 45min), with same ROA, same dose, just different days, so..

The taste thing is pretty individual I guess, but so is swallowing a whole bunch of capsules. I'm still not exactly a fan, but compared to the beginnings, it's not bad at all I find. It's an aquired taste it seems, and the toss & wash method is a matter of technique I'm sure. With my 8-15g doses, it takes just 2 tea spoons which are downed in less than a minute. I shovel them in each at a time and leave the pile sit on the tongue, then drink just a sip of water from a bottle; this is important because that way I won't have an air bubble in my mouth which can impede mixing; ..then stir and down it goes.

But isn't it the perfect conditioning, to learn the taste (and get hooked and all the rest of it)? It tastes not great at first, but then you feel great for quite a while (taken for recreational purposes). Like with medicine, it works better if it tastes bad or hurts! 😉

Looks like only you can find out if it works for your purpose. I think if it does, you will know right away more or less independant of the strain. How much are you planing to take, on one go? Everybody is different, but I feel it could potentially help a lot with the "shits"! As far as I know, it's actually been used for that (amongst other things) for ages in countreis where it grows naturally..

So you only have 25 grams total? And you are going to use kratom to come off buphrenorphine?

First of all you are going to need more than 25 grams. When you start to feel like crap from the sub withdrawl you will have to dose at least 7 grams to feel better. And you will probably dose several times that day so there goes 21 grams right there. So get some more.

I take gelatin caplets and can feel the dose in 15 minutes. Like was mentioned, they dissolve quickly in the stomach. Kratom can be your friend in coming off the subs but I'm afraid you are in for a bit of a ride. Kratoms good, but not that good.

Have any benzos or lyrica? They can be your friend too as long as you discontinue them in 2 weeks.

Good luck.

@Pumpkin2021 i have a pharmacy cabinet in my room full of varies benzos, gabapentinoids, subutex, weed, dopaquel, tramadol, codeine and such. so im sorted there. i just want to test the kratom to see if it is worth it and just how much will actually be needed, if i need to get more i will but only if it is gonna work other wise i will switch over back to subutex and then just slowly ween myself of with some support meds in the process.

Edit: Or get myself down to a low level of subutex like 0.5mg and then start kratom but that is for future for now i just wanna see what they capable of

You're lucky it wasn't banned like it was over here. What I would do for the occasional Kratom... :(
UK or AUS ?

And yes, I DO consider myself VERY lucky and feel bad for others that have no access. The plant, although it does have some detrimental alkaloids, it is actually pretty benign.

@Pumpkin2021 i have a pharmacy cabinet in my room full of varies benzos, gabapentinoids, subutex, weed, dopaquel, tramadol, codeine and such. so im sorted there. i just want to test the kratom to see if it is worth it and just how much will actually be needed, if i need to get more i will but only if it is gonna work other wise i will switch over back to subutex and then just slowly ween myself of with some support meds in the process.
Ok gotcha. Well you sound like you are sorted rather nicely. Have fun with the kratom and keep us posted on how it's working.

UK or AUS ?

And yes, I DO consider myself VERY lucky and feel bad for others that have no access. The plant, although it does have some detrimental alkaloids, it is actually pretty benign.
UK - there was a sweeping ban in 2016 on essentially any psychoactive substance (that isn't nicotine or alcohol).

Lovemissile ( or similar name ) made a thread 4 or 5 days ago about this. Think its in Other drugs. She ordered some and got 3 of the 5 packages she had ordered. And she said it had been opened. No love letter but apparently 2 were confiscated. I believe she said she lived in the UK.

Just wait the normal timeframe or gauge it by how bad the wd starts getting and also does kratom help in anyway with the "shits" of wd's or should i keep imodium on hand just in case?
It's probably best to get some imodium too. Kratom never really kept me from shitting like other opioids. Even while using 100g/ day.

I actually tapered off my 100g/day kratom habit using a high dose imodium (loperamide) + omeprazole method. Started with 45 loperamide pills the first day, 35 the next, 30 the next, etc.

That was easy peasy compared to cold Turkey.

Hey there, i saw there is a Kratom Megathread V.6 but can't find it in the search tab. Can anyone point me in the right direction or is it none existent now?
The trick is to search bluelight using google like this:

bluelight.org: "kratom megathread"

typing that --^ and the megathread is the first result

I actually tapered off my 100g/day kratom habit using a high dose imodium (loperamide) + omeprazole method. Started with 45 loperamide pills the first day, 35 the next, 30 the next, etc.
does omeprazole inhibit imodium metabolization?

does omeprazole inhibit imodium metabolization?
No. From what i understand about lope is it is returned to the gut by the proton pump which prevents central opioid effects. Taking very high doses with a proton pump inhibitor like omeprazole allows it to cross over into the blood stream to produce central effects alleviating withdrawal. The good thing about this is once a day dosing.

I was stuck at 20 or 25 pills for quite some time during this withdrawal bc of slow tapering. Was the easiest opioid withdrawal I've ever been through.

Esters of loperamide (like acetyl-loperamide) are taken into the bloodstream by the proton pump and are fully active opioids. I used to be a member of a synthesis forum where this was published and studied. Haven't tried it myself but it's easy to synthesize an ester like that.

A few people have died using overdoses of lope to get high (like 100mg or more). It causes heart attack by qt interval prolongation so best not to dose too high or too regularly. Also the guy who published all the info about acetyl-lope had several strokes and died not too long after, but God only knows what else he made and tested on himself or what impurities over the years.

Acetyl-lope is supposed to be similar to methadone in effects, dose, and duration. Sorry for the off topic.