Staff Feedback Kratom forum??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure, I need to see if there's any place for me anywhere, first, isn't it? Do you know any vacancy atm?. Yep, now my life it's not that busy, I got the master's degree with a very succesful master's thesis, 9.6/10 :cool: :alien: :pupil2:
We probably won't give kratom it's own sub forum. We have a few mega threads on it and the threads we get in Other Drugs and Basic Drugs are good for now.

BUT...........since you brought modding back up which other sub forum would you be interested in ? I know I tried to get you into CEP / Dive but it wasn't the right time for you as your life was pretty busy.

Not sure, I need to see if there's any place for me anywhere, first, isn't it? Do you know any vacancy atm?. Yep, now my life it's not that busy, I got the master's degree with a very succesful master's thesis, 9.6/10 :cool: :alien: :pupil2:
I'll get back with you in the morning. Getting ready to call it a day.

But CEP is still open and I know you post in there quite a bit. Talk more tomorrow or before the week is out.

Hey Neuro...........pm me please. I want to discuss some forums with you. See if you would be interested in modding any of them.

Stimulants are also super popular but we don’t separate those out.
I could not imagine modding a stimulant forum without being on them myself. Be a good excuse on paper.... lol
No judgements I get it but like ya have to be drunk to be around a drunk, ya know?

Stimulants are also super popular but we don’t separate those out.
Same with Dissos. Fact of the matter is, when we add subforums, they tend to die out. Fast. We had a vaping subforum (tobacco and cannabis both) that lasted a year at most. And this was during the height of vaping hysteria and use.

Unfortunately, some subforums just don't garner enough traffic to exist.

An actual opioids forum would be the obvious answer in my view.

Drugs forum is dead and whatever rep it has but I honestly would say it's the standard for listing drugs and classes sensibly in a forum list. BDD and OD and DC taking on some of the excess is such a whack system is drives me craAaaAAzy

fair trade is the main offense. Their vendors pay $4 per kilo. They havent filed taxes in 3 years, they are pure profit. Mac Haddow made over 200,000 last year. They refuse to be honest about the opioid pharmacology of kratom and want it considered a "food". Comparing it to coffee and calling it non-addictive? Thats an absolute breach of harm reduction. When you befriend the farmers and see the industry first hand and then attend a lavish AKA summit, its disgusting
Good to know

An actual opioids forum would be the obvious answer in my view.

Drugs forum is dead and whatever rep it has but I honestly would say it's the standard for listing drugs and classes sensibly in a forum list. BDD and OD and DC taking on some of the excess is such a whack system is drives me craAaaAAzy
I think there needs to be the creation of a dedicated opiate forum. Going to other drugs is an unnecessary extra click.

^ if there were a dedicated kratom forum, it would likely be a peer of other drugs in the focus forums section.

so, starting a new thread or responding to an existing thread would be exactly the same number of clicks as now.

alasdair

I don’t fuck with US Kratom vendors at all. I personally know many of them. As in I have met them and seen their facilities. Sheisty, the lot of them. Vendor shopping is also very silly. They are all supplied by the same big players. Direct from Indo for me until the possible BLN ban in 2024. I did hop off Kratom a couple weeks ago though indefinitely. After 2 years of chronic use, it turned on me. But with this ridiculous wealth of Kratom knowledge it’s like I feel a duty to spread correct information on it. It’s a cool plant that needs to be respected…and understood.
I'm curious, could you go in on what's sheisty about them? I do kind of agree a lot of vendors have not so great stuff nowadays. Basically any "red" brownish kratom is absolute trash. I have a headshop with really great stuff and it's not that much more expensive. There was one vendor where my hand started turning yellow after awhile of taking their stuff which I presume isn't normal... Only that vendor did this to me. A lot of vendors overcomplicate payment methods as well these days I feel.

I'm curious, could you go in on what's sheisty about them? I do kind of agree a lot of vendors have not so great stuff nowadays. Basically any "red" brownish kratom is absolute trash. I have a headshop with really great stuff and it's not that much more expensive. There was one vendor where my hand started turning yellow after awhile of taking their stuff which I presume isn't normal... Only that vendor did this to me. A lot of vendors overcomplicate payment methods as well these days I feel.

Yeah I find headshop kratom has increased in quality over the years. Some of it is decent. Some of it is actually pretty bad.

The brands "OPMS silver" powder kratom and "Whole Herbs" seem to be the exact same stuff and it is actually quite decent, high degree of consistency, works well.

The stuff that is in "Krave" kratom is pretty bad, it even smells bad. It does work but it not good stuff, I avoid it all costs, would never buy it.

All kratom sucks though. I don't seek out kratom, I resort to kratom if I've gotten myself into hot water with "spicer" opioids and need some landing gear after too long of a run.

All kratom sucks though. I don't seek out kratom, I resort to kratom if I've gotten myself into hot water with "spicer" opioids and need some landing gear after too long of a run.

Gotta say i agree with you, i cant consume enough Kratom to get me high without making myself sick to the stomach from eating so much material. And the buzz is just not even worth it and im talking the better quality stuff and extracts alike.

When i first got into it like 15+ years ago i felt like it did more for me for whatever reason. Im just over it, no offensive to anyone that loves it to each there own.

Same with Dissos. Fact of the matter is, when we add subforums, they tend to die out. Fast. We had a vaping subforum (tobacco and cannabis both) that lasted a year at most. And this was during the height of vaping hysteria and use.

Unfortunately, some subforums just don't garner enough traffic to exist.

Personally feel like Dissos deserve a subforum, they are very popular these days and sure they overlap with psychedelics but some of us mainly use them as drugs of choice. Alot of people sort of demonize the use of them which bothers me.

Sure they have hazards but so do pretty much all drugs, i feel like if they had a forum of there own im sure it would stay popular and alot of the best new RCs that hit the market in past years have been Dissos.

This is one of the never ending debates on BL that has existed ever since I've been here and I'm sure way before that. There are valid arguments to why we should have certain forums or shouldn't have them, whether they should be arranged this way or that way.

From an admin perspective, you try to look at all the pros and cons. Will this idea makes things noticeably better than things are right now? Will the new issues that pop up be greater or lesser than what we have now? Then there is the issue of "well, you made a _____ forum so why not make a _____ forum as well?" Then before you know it, we have a ton of new forums. All of which need staffed. People spread out into their camps and they're happy for a while but the traffic is spread thin. So the tendency is to keep the status quo. Because it's less risky and because it's worked pretty well for such a long time.

Nothing wrong with taking a risk though. We decided to do that with CEPS and the Dive and it worked IMO. Turned out better overall. So really all that needs consideration is do the current admin have the time to devote to such a project right now? (It involves more work than you'd think, speaking from experience).

Yeah I'm on the fence about a kratom subforum. There are kratom forums and the kratom subreddit (don't go here, they are like a cult that tries to deny that it's an opioid at all and basically delete anything negative about kratom). I don't know if the forums are the same but I have a feeling they are. Bluelight is just raw uncensored discussion about just about any drugs which is why it's the top drug forum really.

Otherwise if you have questions about it there's a lot on this forum in general. I guess a subforum might be an alright idea since it's quite unique from other opioids. There's at least a kratom prefix for threads.

I would say it's not a bad idea though. It could be easy for kratom threads to be watered down by questions about other drugs since it's generally the other section that it relates to. Maybe an opioid section in general in a similar way as the psychedelic drugs, but then that opens a jar of "maybe there should be a benzo subforum." I don't think that's exactly a bad idea either but it isn't my choice to make. Things function fine the way they currently are and there's plenty of people with experience on both. But it is a commonly used substance to get off the harder shit and works very well for a lot of people. There isn't really like a natures benzo in a similar fashion.

The OP doesn't post here anymore and the question was kind of asked and answered. There isn't anymore site technical help to be had on this so I'm gonna close it.

As much as people would like separate sections for meth, heroin, kratom, and other chemicals we really just need to keep it in Other/Basic Drugs for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.