• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom for new user?

xSound

Bluelighter
How much kratom would it take for a new user to get the sedative feeling? I've heard you can get.

If it's plain leaf powder (not extract) I'd say start around 5g, and see how it goes, if you feel you need more you can always redose after about an hour or so.

If it's plain leaf powder (not extract) I'd say start around 5g, and see how it goes, if you feel you need more you can always redose after about an hour or so.

Thanks and that is 5g of powder just mixed with water correct?

Thanks and that is 5g of powder just mixed with water correct?

Use a shaker cup and orange juice or a yogurt drink like dan active to mix it with, shake it up in the cup. These are both great for masking the flavor so it's easy to chug and they don't foam up like water and other beverages do when shaken with kratom. Shaker cup is necessary to get the kratom to mix properly and evenly with the drink so you don't get chunks of kratom leaf powder in your throat.

I generally mix around 200ml of oj with my kratom and chug it, and have another cup of oj to chase it with after so I don't taste the kratom at all and oj is great at masking the flavor almost entirely.

Yeah, 5-8 grams ... I just put it in a dry cup, half-fill my mouth with water tilt the cup into the back of my mouth (that has some water in it) and then chug something. I actually don't mind the taste, it's like tea. But the consistency will make you choke, so you've just got to get it down.

with the toss and wash method try not to breath it into your lungs that powder is so fine it is like talcum powder. I always prefer the enhanced varieties for a better buzz. Also if I use it two days in a row the second day gives me o effects

Agreed, albeit I find that I need 10 grams of plain leaf powder for desired effects.

Use a shaker cup and orange juice or a yogurt drink like dan active to mix it with, shake it up in the cup. These are both great for masking the flavor so it's easy to chug and they don't foam up like water and other beverages do when shaken with kratom. Shaker cup is necessary to get the kratom to mix properly and evenly with the drink so you don't get chunks of kratom leaf powder in your throat.

I generally mix around 200ml of oj with my kratom and chug it, and have another cup of oj to chase it with after so I don't taste the kratom at all and oj is great at masking the flavor almost entirely.

Yeah, 5-8 grams ... I just put it in a dry cup, half-fill my mouth with water tilt the cup into the back of my mouth (that has some water in it) and then chug something. I actually don't mind the taste, it's like tea. But the consistency will make you choke, so you've just got to get it down.

with the toss and wash method try not to breath it into your lungs that powder is so fine it is like talcum powder. I always prefer the enhanced varieties for a better buzz. Also if I use it two days in a row the second day gives me o effects

Thanks for all the advice. I will give it a try when i get some and see how it goes.

I've tried kratom tea a few times and didn't find it worth all the extra work. Tosh and wash felt gross and felt rough on my stomach. I prefer to mix some kratom into a pot of yoghurt (mix thoroughly so there's no big chunks of kratom left) and eat it... Lemon or banana flavoured yoghurts seem to work really well to hide the taste. Strawberry is the worst one I've tried at masking the taste.

I've tried kratom tea a few times and didn't find it worth all the extra work. Tosh and wash felt gross and felt rough on my stomach. I prefer to mix some kratom into a pot of yoghurt (mix thoroughly so there's no big chunks of kratom left) and eat it... Lemon or banana flavoured yoghurts seem to work really well to hide the taste. Strawberry is the worst one I've tried at masking the taste.

This is good advice thanks. I was still debating my method of taking it. hah. I was gonna go with OJ like someone suggested, but eating it in yogurt doesn't sound bad either.

But wouldn't eating it in yogurt kill the whole "take on an empty stomach" thing?

But wouldn't eating it in yogurt kill the whole "take on an empty stomach" thing?

As long as you don't eat a massive amount of yogurt and you eat it on an empty stomache it still gets absorbed fast

^^ yeah, a 150g pot of yoghurt isn't going to slow down kratom absorption. If anything it might even help by making sure the powder doesn't clump together.

(Relatively) empty stomach is recommended before taking kratom. Some people claim it doesn't work if you've eaten, but I find this to be untrue. It works fine if taken after a meal, you just have a bigger chance of getting a nasty stomach ache and will feel somewhat reduced effects and a slower come up. Imo, if it wasn't a very fatty meal you had that makes your stomach feel bloated, waiting about an hour is enough to get decent effects.