• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Kratom and older folks article

I'm sorry but I must say this is absolute nonsense.

Leave it to "Janessa Graves", associate professor of nursing to propagate some bs like this.

Those patients did not die as a result of kratom. To suggest that there is some sort of causal relationship between kratom and these deaths in a supposedly scholarly work can only be the result of bad methodology and assumption making. Its almost like saying older people who smoke marijuana die at a faster rate than those that don't, "so it must be the marijuana". Also what is this permanently disabling effect she described. Some of the weakest publications come out of nursing schools, particularly when they venture into areas such as this (pharmacology and toxicology).

Kratom is far safer than traditional opioids.

Leave it to "Janessa Graves", associate professor of nursing to propagate some bs like this.

Those patients did not die as a result of kratom. To suggest that there is some sort of causal relationship between kratom and these deaths in a supposedly scholarly work can only be the result of bad methodology and assumption making. Its almost like saying older people who smoke marijuana die at a faster rate than those that don't, "so it must be the marijuana". Also what is this permanently disabling effect she described. Some of the weakest publications come out of nursing schools, particularly when they venture into areas such as this (pharmacology and toxicology).

Agree

If you're over 70 and happen to die with kratom in your system, it does not necessarily mean it's the cause of death. I'd like to see these cases studies studied and if a direct pharmacological link cannot be made, the article should be retracted until appropriate additional information added. Anti-kratom propaganda at its finest lol