Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Korea

Tom_Jode

Greenlighter
A friend of mine is worried, sine they are returning home to korea and believes they do drug testing on korean nationals living abroad when they return home... is this true when living out of the country for an extended amount of time to they do drug test and if so what type is it?

Damn that seems weird to me. I can't help you out because I have no idea.

But what exactly would happen if they found drugs in your system after heading home? Get done for being under the influence while living.

Damn that seems weird to me. I can't help you out because I have no idea.

But what exactly would happen if they found drugs in your system after heading home? Get done for being under the influence while living.

Illegally importing controlled substances hidden in your blood stream?

God help you if they want to confiscate it.

only if your crossing the border between nth and sth.

fact. kim junh il invented the hamburger...

I don't see SK doing this.

And anyone returning to NK is out of their fucking mind. Get out and stay out. The fact that they drug test you after returning from abroad is enough to stay away imho. And thats just the tip of the iceberg in how fucked up NK is. Most people that escape don't have any intentions to return.

i don't really see south korea being all that much better than north korea.
i have met a heap of south koreans that absolutely hated the place.

As they say, laugh, dont knock it if you don't know it... by doing so you could lock yourself out of all sorts of marvellous experiences. I spent a bit of time there a couple of years ago... whereas its not so much (at all, actually) a drug user's fun place, you don't really need to be out of it sometimes to believe you must be tripping.... or at least fallen through some wacky time portal to a place somewhere 'back in the day"
Old style traditions, the people honest to the bone, cheaper than cheap alcohol and smokes, awesome food, and some pretty old fashioned sorts of entertainment... (think of teenagers taking their girlfriends to "hit the thing with the hammer to ring the bell" prove your strength meters... all pretty innocent and quite tacky. Lol.

However to compare it with their Northern cousins, is like comparing pre war germany with modern germany, for want of a better comparison. Not that I can fully compare them, as I haven't been to NK, nor, i think do I want to. :)

Haha, yea I have often wondered if they aren't living the dream in NK, and we are being fed horror stories so that we stay away ...

Speaking of being fed...

I think they are obviously not living the American dream...

Doesn't appear they are trying to keep anyone away, I mean they are begging for war aren't they?

You can't just visit the north. You need to go through months of visa applications and red tape to visit there. Plus you are accompanied by government agents the whole time, can't interact with locals, and you can only visit places that are sanctioned by the government. There is a vice documentary on it if you search youtube

I've been to SK as a tourist. They don't drug test you if you're a SK citizen, but they will drug test you if you're a foreigner applying for a SK work visa. They will require you to submit medical forms from your doctor to their embassy which includes a drug test, and they may test you again on arrival. They can and do arrest people for having detectable amounts of drugs in their bodies, but I don't know which drugs are tolerable and which aren't, or the acceptable levels. AFAIK if you're a foreigner and they catch you, it's instant deportation and a lifetime ban.

When my friend went to SK to teach English they did a urine test on arrival and made him pay for it, but his employer reimbursed him. This was last year. I don't know if the policy has gotten more strict.

As for NK, you can visit there if you enter through China, but the requirements are strict and honestly that country is so fucked up I would not want any of my tourist dollars going toward their government. You are accompanied by a government propaganda shill the entire time and they control your every movement. I had an opportunity to go there when I was in Beijing but decided against it. I felt that the young woman who was excited to do it was completely delusional and had no idea what she was in for. I later met an illegal immigrant in China who was from NK and he had learned enough Mandarin to convey to me the horrors of his country. Bullet dodged.

Sorry to double post but I just found this:
http://asiancorrespondent.com/82866/south-koreas-supreme-court-bars-common-drug-testing-method/

The Supreme Court of SK struck down the ability to use hair samples to prosecute citizens. You need proof that they are actively using like catching them for possession. I think if you're an SK citizen returning home you have less to worry about than if you're a foreigner. Your friend should still aim to be clean when he goes though, just in case!

I would not want any of my tourist dollars going toward their government.

good point. it would be a good place to do some sneaky aid work though. find a good family to leave some money or a hospital that needs medical equipment, obviously on the down low if security on every visitor is actually as tight as its made out to be, which i doubt it is. its funny everyone puts shit on the place but its not like any of those people are helping in any way. i feel sorry for the people stuck there.

^ Not really. If people are caught with your money their families will be thrown into labour camps or executed. There's really nothing you can do.

It's one of the only places in the world that you can't do nothing for. All UN aid gets absorbed by their government. Even the Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders left years ago. The government there is just so fascist and corrupt that it's a no-win situation.

We can't do anything because China is watching their back.

interesting, though extremely sad, i see what your saying. thanks for the info Foreigner!

thanks, my best friend isfrom thesouth and hada spliff theother day and got all paranoied