• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Klonopine + Gabapentin

rock1970

Bluelighter
Hello all,

I have 12 (0.5mg) Klonopine and 39 (400mg) Gabapentin. I am wanting to know thoughts on using them during my detox from a 50mg a day Kratom dependence. I know not to trade 1 issue for another, and do not have any further access to the Klonopine or Gaba so when I am out, I'm out.

Just curious if anyone has used them to alleviate the symptoms for a brief period of time? Any insight will be helpful. Be safe all and thank and the forum for all you do.

Regards

50mg / day kratom...? Do you mean 50g? I assume you must do.

That being the case yeah I'd say you can use klonopin to mediate some of the shitness that you will definitely feel for a while. On balance I'd say that GABAergic addictions are less desirable than kratom but you don't have enough of anything to develop a problem really, so if you really mean that you'll be out when you're out and won't try to get more of whatever, then what I'd do in your situation is take 1mg / klonopin per day for the first ~6 days (actually I'd personally expect to go through it more quickly than this, maybe only in 2 or 3 days, but keeping to 1mg / day is an aspirational target and might well be enough depending on your experience with benzos / other GABA-ergics and your general disposition).

This almost certainly won't deal with all the withdrawal symptoms, you'll probably still be fatigued, and probably will experience all the classic opioid withdrawal symptoms (muscle aches, general run-down-ness, yadda yadda) but it potentially will deal with the bulk of the major psychological impact and allow you to be a little nicer to yourself inside your own mind while you're dealing with the physical stuff.

After that go onto the gabapentin, IMO/IME gabapentin is just not that good compared to basically any pharma benzo or other GABAergic I can think of, and does not really do much to combat the psychological stuff but hopefully the clonazepam will have got you through the worst of that, and the gabapentin will help with sleep and some of the lingering physical stuff (muscle aches mainly I guess, it being a muscle relaxant). I'd probably aim to take 1200-1600mg gabapentin per day, spread out, leaving at least an hour between doses (due to gabapentin's weird absorption). Definitely don't take any more than 400mg at once because it'll be a waste but if you want to take more than 1600 / day total, I'm sure you can, no doubt it is possible to take too much gabapentin but for me it would be a big challenge, not sure why.

So that should make the acute phase of the withdrawals a bit more bearable, I'm pretty sure I've done something almost exactly like this before as I've withdrawn from kratom multiple times, and used klonopin and GABApentin on and off quite a bit, so I'm sure there was some overlap even if I wasn't always organized enough to remember it exactly. Actually most of the time I've probably just cold-turkeyed it, with just gabapentin as for me it is just barely psychoactive and usually during withdrawing I develop a kinda aversion to any drug that is too "heavy", which would rule out klonopin. However if I was planning this rationally rather than just my usual unplanned yoyo-ing between dependences, for sure these 2 substances would be a good choice, I would probably try to start out with a lot more klonopin but from a harm reduction perspective that probably isn't a good plan.

With the amounts you have available though, I really don't see anything wrong with this idea, it seems safe, you don't have enough of either substance to develop a problem with them and they surely will make your experience a little more bearable. Good luck!

50mg / day kratom...? Do you mean 50g? I assume you must do.

That being the case yeah I'd say you can use klonopin to mediate some of the shitness that you will definitely feel for a while. On balance I'd say that GABAergic addictions are less desirable than kratom but you don't have enough of anything to develop a problem really, so if you really mean that you'll be out when you're out and won't try to get more of whatever, then what I'd do in your situation is take 1mg / klonopin per day for the first ~6 days (actually I'd personally expect to go through it more quickly than this, maybe only in 2 or 3 days, but keeping to 1mg / day is an aspirational target and might well be enough depending on your experience with benzos / other GABA-ergics and your general disposition).

This almost certainly won't deal with all the withdrawal symptoms, you'll probably still be fatigued, and probably will experience all the classic opioid withdrawal symptoms (muscle aches, general run-down-ness, yadda yadda) but it potentially will deal with the bulk of the major psychological impact and allow you to be a little nicer to yourself inside your own mind while you're dealing with the physical stuff.

After that go onto the gabapentin, IMO/IME gabapentin is just not that good compared to basically any pharma benzo or other GABAergic I can think of, and does not really do much to combat the psychological stuff but hopefully the clonazepam will have got you through the worst of that, and the gabapentin will help with sleep and some of the lingering physical stuff (muscle aches mainly I guess, it being a muscle relaxant). I'd probably aim to take 1200-1600mg gabapentin per day, spread out, leaving at least an hour between doses (due to gabapentin's weird absorption). Definitely don't take any more than 400mg at once because it'll be a waste but if you want to take more than 1600 / day total, I'm sure you can, no doubt it is possible to take too much gabapentin but for me it would be a big challenge, not sure why.

So that should make the acute phase of the withdrawals a bit more bearable, I'm pretty sure I've done something almost exactly like this before as I've withdrawn from kratom multiple times, and used klonopin and GABApentin on and off quite a bit, so I'm sure there was some overlap even if I wasn't always organized enough to remember it exactly. Actually most of the time I've probably just cold-turkeyed it, with just gabapentin as for me it is just barely psychoactive and usually during withdrawing I develop a kinda aversion to any drug that is too "heavy", which would rule out klonopin. However if I was planning this rationally rather than just my usual unplanned yoyo-ing between dependences, for sure these 2 substances would be a good choice, I would probably try to start out with a lot more klonopin but from a harm reduction perspective that probably isn't a good plan.

With the amounts you have available though, I really don't see anything wrong with this idea, it seems safe, you don't have enough of either substance to develop a problem with them and they surely will make your experience a little more bearable. Good luck!
Thank you very much for providing me and possibly others here, some thoughtout insight, based on your experience. Very thoughtful and very appreciated. All of your points are taken to heart and warnings heard and understood.

Yes, this is all I have and I am not going to obtain more. This Kratom will be bad enough, and there is no way I want to experience any more of it. I truly screwed up and became dependent. It's disgusting to be honest but it calms me. I lost my daughter a few years back and heard about Kratom on Rogan.

I guess I missed the part about the high probability of dependence, should a person take too much, too often for an extended time frame. First time I ran out, wow. I can't live this way and I am truly going to rid myself of this. I have no choice, as it is ruining my life. I'm am actually the one ruining my life, but clearly it is the kratom hold on me that is the root.

Again, thank you very much,truly thank you. I honestly appreciate the community here, and I understand it's all just a personal experience, and should be received as such. The insight found within these forums has helped many people, and the support is great.

Be safe and Godspeed!

Rock

They are part of what's considered an "opioid withdrawal comfort kit".