• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Klonopin?! Friend said not good?

Swishr

Bluelighter
Hey guys. I havE here with me a bottle of klonopin which my friend said Isnt good im on 3x 7.5 vicodin and have a 10mg ritalinto snort. What is klonopin like? Can somebody explain the feeling from when i take it to peak to comedown? And anyone tried it why snorting ritalin? If so how is it?

Don't snort Methylphenidate, first and foremost. As far as the klonopin goes - enjoy my friend. It is equipotent to alprazolam. Take 4-6mg recreationally and you're set. Whoever said klonopin isn't good is a lying liar lying from his lying hole (to quote the great Doug Benson). Clonazepam is a benzodiazepine with rather pronounced muscle relaxant properties. Take a few MG's and enjoy. Just be safe and make good descisions. And do not combine with alcohol.

EDIT - If you're really THAT dissatisfied with clonazepam, mail it to me. I'll take it off your hands. :]

Last edited:
Don't snort Methylphenidate, first and foremost. As far as the klonopin goes - enjoy my friend. It is equipotent to alprazolam. Take 4-6mg recreationally and you're set. Whoever said klonopin isn't good is a lying liar lying from his lying hole (to quote the great Doug Benson). Clonazepam is a benzodiazepine with rather pronounced muscle relaxant properties. Take a few MG's and enjoy. Just be safe and make good descisions. And do not combine with alcohol.

EDIT - If you're really THAT dissatisfied with clonazepam, mail it to me. I'll take it off your hands. :]

4-6mg of klonopin for a benzo naive person is an INSANE dose.. That is extremely reckless advice.

OP, if you have never taken klonopin before, I recommend starting out with 1mg taken orally to test the waters. When I first started taking them, 1mg would have me nicely sedated. If I were to take 4-6 mg with no tolerance, I would without a doubt blackout for a looong time. Please do not take this much.

Also, please do not snort klonopin.. They are not water soluble so will not be absorbed well at all by the mucous membranes in the nose. It will just drip down into your stomach and be absorbed that way.

Since klonopin does take a while to kick in, if you do not want to wait take them sublingually. They will hit a bit faster, and I think they taste good too. Minty goodness. I can chew klonopin like candy, especially now with my massive tolerance.

BrokedownPalace said:
OP, if you have never taken klonopin before, I recommend starting out with 1mg taken orally to test the waters. When I first started taking them, 1mg would have me nicely sedated. If I were to take 4-6 mg with no tolerance, I would without a doubt blackout for a looong time. Please do not take this much.

Also, please do not snort klonopin.. They are not water soluble so will not be absorbed well at all by the mucous membranes in the nose. It will just drip down into your stomach and be absorbed that way.

^^This,

I have had a lot of experience with clonazepam in the past and have found it to be great for treating anxiety, but never really got much else from it.

As stated above, start low or you could end up doing something really stupid, benzos shouldn't be messed around with.

Lllloooooonnngg half life. Valium is longer by text book half life but I find sedation is longer in a pronounced way with clonazepam. A general thing about combos from a harm reduction perspective is that you increase the chances of unwanted effects or complications.

In general experiencing drugs on there own for the first time gives one a clearer assesment of what they do while also having the bonus of being a bit more safe.

i <3 klonopin, one of my favorite benzos.....i would laugh in your friends face...kpins are some good shit man...

i recommend .5-1mg for a first time user, you should feel relaxed and easy-going all day...i love to add in some weed with my benzos which makes it like 92859238492 times better

It depends what you are using it for. It's a very powerful anxiolytic and a great anticonvulsant, and it's an ok muscle relaxant, but that's about where it ends. It's a weak sedative, however.

Diazepam and lorazepam are better "all around" benzos than clonazepam is.

Alprazolam is useless. It's a powerful anxiolytic, but that's about it.

Clonazepam is my favorite benzodiazepine with exception of Temazepam, which is a hypnotic. I would recommend you take 1mg & see how you feel. While you can get real fucked up on these at high doses its best you stick with lower doses because you don't want to black out.

Just be careful, clonazepam is a very dangerous drug.

It is quite easy to get hooked on it, especially when you take it often and mix it with other drugs. You may not notice you're addicted/dependant on it till it's too late.

Taking a few milligram if you have no tolerance is reckless. It's a very potent drug and you may not even realize what it's doing to you till it is too late.

Clonazepam is a powerful and dangerous anticonvulsant.

There is absolutely nothing dangerous about clonazepam compared to any other anxiolytic benzo. Yes, it is addictive - but as a long-acting benzodiazepine it is less addictive than lorazepam, alprazolam, bromazepam, and etizolam (short-acting anxiolytics). Those are just the anxiolytics. With the hypnotics, even the long-acting hypnotics are more addictive than clonazepam.

Lorazepam has a higher fatal toxicity index than clonazepam does (6.6 vs 4.3). And forget about the hypnotics, temazepam has a fatal toxicity index of 11.9, the highest among all benzos.

You have no idea what you're talking about..."dangerous anticonvulsant"? Just how exactly is an anticonvulsant "dangerous"?

Last edited:
I took 8 mg over a day a dont remember the day after and the the morning of the next day I came out of a blckout vomiting in the best buy parking lot on black friday morning. It has a VERY long half life

Do not listen to the person who told you to start with 6mg, that is not at all in the spirit of harm reduction.

Anyways. It will come in handy for Ritalin comedowns. However since you are benzo niave I would not reccomend mixing it with opiates or alcohol. Is the hydrocodone prescribed to you? Do you take it daily?

Drinking on them is an easy way to blackout wind up in jail and not know how ya got there, or worse. Mixing benzodiazepines with alcohol or other CNS depressants like opiates can kill you.

Now, if I were you I'd start with 1mg see how you feel and go from there. Be careful as benzo wd's are no fucking joke and they're dangerous. Be careful not to get hooked. Space out your doses as klonopin has a looooong half life. If you are on hydrocodone for pain management and get drug tested don't dose a week or so before your appointment.. Also if you take hydrocodone daily or all the time start with .5mg of klonopin and maybe even a smaller dose of the hydro. I am not trying to freak you out I just wanted to let you know the dangers of mixing benzos like klonopin with other drugs.

Alon klonopin is perfectly safe. Just start low and don't wind up with a habit... They're nice to have for insomnia and stimulant comedowns. Enjoy.

Last edited:
whoever said snorting klonopin doesn't do anything is very wrong. i often snort 1mg sometimes 2mg before work when i have high anxiety and it completely calms me like coke. if i eat it i just get tired.

i snort it all at once though with an empty pen tube. that brain tingle in the back of your head hehe i love it

Snorting benzos does do something, but it is less of "something" than using them orally is.

Just eat your benzos. Snorting Klonopin is a waste of time.

if i were u i would keep the clonazepam for come downs off stims like amps, coke or xtc

Clonazepam is about ~50% as potent as Alprazolam, a good beginner's recreational dosage is 1-3 milligrams depending on if you have any benzo experience. As others have pointed out, it does have a very long half life. As to where Alrpazolam has a much shorter half life. Put simply, Clonazepam is longer lasting, while Alprazolam is harder hitting with a shorter duration. For this reason, equivalent dosages of Clonazepam might not feel as intense. But will last much longer.

Hey guys. I havE here with me a bottle of klonopin which my friend said Isnt good im on 3x 7.5 vicodin and have a 10mg ritalinto snort. What is klonopin like? Can somebody explain the feeling from when i take it to peak to comedown? And anyone tried it why snorting ritalin? If so how is it?
It's a longer lasting but weaker version of Xanax or "alprazolam." It's meant to used for anxiety but longer term with doses that don't come on as hard/fast as Xanax etc. Klonopin or Clonazepam is like the "slow ride... Take it eassssayy" ... Whole xanax would be the "highway to hell" or something.... Anyone? I'm not the only one on here nowadays that remembers this music?? Plz tell me I am not