• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Klonopin and Oxycodone question/opinions

jojo1234

Greenlighter
So, I have been taking oxycodone faithfully for over 5 years. I've never "missed" a monthly appt. I take the med for low back pain. My current dosage is 10mg/4 times per day (I get 120 a month). Anyways, I'm a 40-year-old female, and struggled with "anxiety" my entire life. I thought it was about time to get help (I also work in the mental health field). Long story short, my primary doctor placed me on klonopin 1mg to be taken 3 times a day. What I've noticed (and here's my question), I truly believe that the klonopin is helping me taper down from the oxy (something I've been trying to do for years). Anybody else have similar experiences? An anti-anxiety helping them lower their need for pain meds? Thxs in advance!!

While I was on Klonopin, I noticed it truly helped with my anxiety and held my migraines at bay-no pain at all, but it then had the adverse side effect of causing lumps of hair to fall out.

This is not surprising. Benzodiazepines and Opioids, like with other CNS depressants, have a synergistic effect. Also, 1mg three times per day is actually a pretty hefty dose of Clonazepam (Klonopin) to be starting out with. Don't be confused by the fact that Benzodiazepines are used as anxiolytics, they actually have a lot of physical effects as well. If you take a Benzodiazepine while in Opioid withdrawal, you will no doubt find it makes you feel better.

Don't be surprised by this phenomenon. Just be aware that a Benzodiazepine habit, can be in a lot of ways, harder to taper or put down fully than an Opioid habit. Did your prescriber start you off at 3mg per day or did you work your way up?

He started me off at 1mg, once in the morning and once at bedtime. Remind you, this is all very recent. I just began the klonopin last month. I had my follow-up appt earlier this week, and he increased my frequency at night to two tablets at night. So, technically, 3mg a day total......I truly believed that the oxy was causing much of my anxiety in the first place. Also, I really appreciate your feedback.

Yeah everyone uses Benzos for qUITTING opoids as "comfort meds" withdrawing on benzos I SLEEP LIKE A BABY when i had no tolerance to them NO BENZOS i dont sleep for like a week till the oxy acute withdrawals fade away u just wanna be careful but READ THIS CAREFULLY CLONAZEPAM IS DESIGNED TO BE USED DAILY LONG-TERM and not cause depression or same day dosing WITHDRAWAL other benzos same dose daily can still cause withdrawal but Clonazepam Effects Seretonin it doesnt make me sleepy inthe day IT SEDATES A LITTLE AND DEFINITELY EASY TO SLEEP on OR NOT sleep BUT it ALSO INCREASES MY APPETTITE and basically LONG-TERM DAILY USE Clonazepam unlike other Benzos that dont effect seretonin it lowers seretonin and mainly dopamine long-term use and also Clonazepam is Designed like this Why not other benzos cuz Clonazepam was Create to Treat Epilepsy Hence it has the STRONGEST ANTI-CONVULSANT EFFECTS of all the benzos stuff like Dilantin and or GABAPentin/Lyrica are used alongside clonazepam or dilantin instead of clonazepam cuz with daily use it sitll works but IT INEVITABLY WILL NOT WORK like it first did when taking it unlke other benzos though it works better and wont cause withdrawals long-term say dose and apperently NEVER EVER TAKE MORE THEN 1MG CLONAZEPAM OR ANY EQUIVALENT DOSE BENZOs if u plan to use long-term if u are prescribed more then just use 1mg like i do and MORE ON DAYS U NEED IT that way the same dose every will do nothing but a bit extra that ur supposed to take will work like a charm since your tolerance is lower.

GREAT TIP OXAZEPAM FOR EXAMPLE SAME EQUIVALENCE AS TEMAZEPAM MEANING 40MG TEMAZEPAM EQUALS 40MG OXAZEPAM = 1MG CLONAZEPAM OR 20MG Diazepam BUT OXAZEPAM IS WEAK AS FUCK IT IS ALSO THE LEAST PHYSICALLY DEPENDANT BENZO as it is the LEAST Respiratory Receptor Binding Benzo and Temazepam is the MOST PHYSICALLY DEPEDANT benzo meaning 40mg temazepam daily vs any otrher equivalent dose of a benzo would have worse withdrawals 40mg daily temazepam vs. 20mg Diazepam or 1mg clonazepam Daily Trust Me it wont let u withdraw but say 40mg Oxazepam vs 1mg Clonazepam daily clonazepam lasts 48 hours minimum and long as 4 days depending on how high and frequent dosing same with valium but oxazepam temazepam and lorazepam like lorazepam stays in body for 24-36 hours and lorazepam has horrible withdrawals cuz under tongue fastest acting 2 mins feel it 15 mins full effect faster then alcohol and lasts 4-6 hours and then day later BAM withdrawals lorazepam last amount in two weeks HELLISH WITHDRAWALS valium 10mg20mg to 120mg a day for 2 MONTHS i withdrawed MILDLY for a month so Temazepam worse cuz BINDS STRONGLY to Repsiratory sytem most Physically dependant AND it lasts 6-8 hours but the euphoric or intoxication lasts 2-3 hours so called crack of the benzodiazepines BUT IT LASTS long as clonazepam 6-8 hours unlike clonazepam it doesnt stay in ur system for 2 to 4 days it hits u with withdrawal in 24- hours and 36 hours maximum and if you take HIGH DOSAGES and for weeks and STOP it is notorious for VIOLENT SEIZURE WITHDRAWAL deaths Oxazepam 30mg vs temazepam 30mg nnightly and then u use 30mg TEMAZEPAM ur tolerance will be lower and it'll hit u harder liker when i switch to valium 20mg from 1mg clonazepam I feel WAY STRONGER EFFECTS as the long acting metabolites build up dail;y and when it doesnt feel any stronger or tolerance plateus i use clonazepam again and it lowers tolerance back down..... all benzos are addictive but switching between them can be good like.....

Smokjing different Cannabis Strains is How u stay High NON-STOP Smopking say White Widow I LOVE but u need like 2 grams instead of 1 gram for same high after 2 weeks smoking same shit so i smoke blueberry dutch passion kush for couple weeks then back to white widow they hit diffeerent Cannabinoid receptors so they get u high diff effects some more head high body high etc and Benzos the same some more muscle relaxing or hypnotic some less sedating and more anti anxiety and oxazepam weakest benzo BUT ALL HAVE USES lorazepam weak as shit BUT QUICKEST ACTING BENZOS I MEAN 2 MINS I FEEL body temperature Drop and I DO DRop checking with thermometor
and 15 mins later
with 6mg 3 of the 2mg Pills sublingual versions or not but sublingual unbelievably dissovling fast but 15 mins later and its like u drank 15 shots of vodka or beer at once and that feeling lasting 4-6 hours hence benzos can be more addictive to alcohol downing 2 litre of vodka u think twice about but downing 20 2mg Clonazepam pills u dont think twice about I cant imagine using Babrituates overdoses were prob due to people being like no inhibition thinking "Fuck it one more aint gonna kill me" they thought wrong lol..... But benzos fuck takes 1000 2mg Clonazepam Pill for LD50 ONLY 50% CHANCE U die but 1mg no tolerance to much alcohol like one drink more then 2 or some and or some percocets and BAM or one story on forum chick takes .5 mg Alprazolam and a glass of wine reading book like everynight for like 3-4 years this time she fell asleep i guess it all kicked in xanax lowered breatheing the glass of wine did and then the sleeping lowers breatheing all COMBINED BOOM YOUR DEAD!

remember if u choose to mix downers ur basically using pill form of a Revolver with one bullet spinning the chamber playing russian Roullette except higher chances of survival then 5/6 u know what i mean other addict brother fellow strugglers we all been there eh Fuck it i die or i dont die but im getting high right?

Or the IM killing myself waking up ALIVE PISSED UR NOW OUT OF OPIOIDS NO FIX WITHDRAWING AND NOT EVEN BENZOS OR WEED CUZ UR BROKE....... tRIED killing urself and failing just making ur situation worse.

Me i remember that when i smoke weed I NEVER ever COULD IMAGINE KILLING MYSELF TILl the high wears off soo SMOKE WEED lol if suicide crosses the mind.... Plus i sold a shotgun i got instead of kiling myself or i'd rob someone or kill other people if i had a gun and if i had benzos and painkillers to kill myself i'd only get high until i had none left enough to do the job lol Its like impossible for me to kill myself thank god......

WEED SAVED MY LIFE and talking to my friend tleling him Im so glad i smoked up and ssaid fuck anti-depressants CREE[PIEST THING EVER A NEWSPAPER TELLING STORY OF MOTHER COMPLAINING at health care system her depressed son tried anti-depressants and committed suicide like people saying smoking weed makes u dumb like it effects short term memory WHEN UNDER THE INFLUENCE when sober it doesnt effect memory at all ALCOHOL on the other HANMD IS ONLY DFRUG ON EARHT KNOWN TO KILL BRAIN cells except maybe chronic amphetamine methamphetamine abuse speaknig ampehtamines im on 40MG instant or CRushed instant release Dextroamphetamine fuck Adderol Dextroamphetamine is the Amphetamine Salt i want like street meth fuck that it has dirty shit to give more RUSH to the high IF I MET A NARCOLEPTIC who offered me PHARMACEUTICAL Methamphetamine 5mg Pills that have A CLEAN proccess and THEY GET RID OF THE DIRTY CHEMICAL SO THE HIGH IS NOT AS GOOD BUT PLUS SIDE IS IT WONT ROT YOUR TEETH anymore then any other stimulant cuz it is dry mouth that even snorting blow or tAKING a.D.D. meds valium even smoking weed Dry mouth no saliva water wont help u need a saliva remineralization spray TRUST ME IF u use ANY DRUG THAT CAUSES EVEN SLIGHT DRY MOUTH FROM WEED TO METHADONE TO COCAINE I Use Biotene Mouth Spray i drink water to wet my mouth then spray it cuz water wont help The MOuth has Saliva with Remineralizing and Re-Calicification Enzymes in it Protecting the Teeth.

It is sad people drink water thginking that solves dry mouyth problems u need a Artifical Saliva Remineralization/Calicification they also recommend milk or cheese cuz Caclium neutralizes acid and helps protect or build the enamel remineralize the saliva but it aint gonna do shit all much best bet if ur gonna do that is Calicum Chews Chocolate or some.

Also people snort off topic but snorting tap water BAD EVEN FILTERED is damaging to nose if it burns it is damaging but Saline Nose Drops CLEAN WATER NO BURN GETS rid of Cut and shit stuck in nose and Careful not to make mistake of buying the SUPER EXTRA SALTED SALINE NOSE SPRAY THAT DRYS YOUR NOSTRIL INSTEAD OF MOISTURIZING i had coke just turning to yellow crust in my nostril with no idea why lmfao rofl!

aNYWAYS u know your high when someone on a forum reading this post or on Microphone xbox live or PC and people say "Yo TALK SLOOWWWW.... JUST RIDE the cocaine high waveee"

lmfao rofl usually even people seeing me in person dont know im high on MDMA or mda or ecstasy pills i trained myself to sit still on the come up WAS INTENSE so URGE TO RUNNN but now every come up i feel so relaxed and just sit and let it KICK IN LIKE LIGHTING ROLL! peolpe say "Yo i Gotta leave and go for a walk HOW THE FUCK R U SITTING STILL MAN!"

ALL LIKE "I FEEEL TO GOOD to move!"

YO ON MY BUCKET LIST IS SWIMMING IN MY PARENTS POOL EVEN TOLD MY MOM USING MDMA treat my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Shrooms and Ketamine also help googlee if interested and smoking weed and shit bongs blunts i got waist deep ish im 5'8 Above ground pool everyone says for some reason "Your gonna die swimming on ecstays" i had some pills that were mda and mdma people who took two had jittering lips and SAW TRAISL like moving hands in front of them ONE and OHLY FUCK man ur eyes PUPILS BIGGER then shrooms INSIDE THE BUILDING with artificial light and outside in the sun u had PIN POINT LIKE NO TOLERANCE HELLA NOD HIGH OXYCODONE pin point pupils or more constricted chicks i saw more then once said "I SWEAR TO GOD THAT KIDS EYES R ALWAYS FUCKED UP!"

LMFAO i got Blue Eyes LIKE SEXY DROP UR PANTIES DREAMY BLUE eyes or my friend jokes "Stormy Evil Blue EYES!" LMFAO WAY MORE NOTICABLE and blow doesnt make my puPils big and with daily use and addiction to opioids even if im high as ballz i dont get pin point pupils like i do but not like PIN NEEDLE SIZED small ones..... i used to get weirdest looks all like "What is wrong with this kid something i cant quite put my finger on but it scares me"
unless im up close and personal...... People sketchin about pupils pisses me off nobody notices and if they do its cuz they be a druggie too and prob think its cool and maybe even wanna roll themselves or at worse they be jealous ur Rolling ballz.

I thought blow and mdma made me sweat the most but man my 6.5 gram shroom trip i wasnt going to eat 5 grams and save a gram and a half but anyways THAT was the drug MADE ME SWEAT THE Most on the floor on my back patting my arm bits reminded me of song by eminem " I Take shrooms and start sweating till I loose some weight" or some lmfao rofl song Purple Pills or Censored to be allowed on the air Purple Hills
True though I LOVE MDMA favourite drug I been to mushroom mountain and NOTHING LIKE THESE BLUE AND YELLOW AND PURPLE PILLS!

HOLY shit i did not mean to type that much...... **Walks away awkwardly, 8(**

THANK GOD this is a Forum of Drug Users and AMAZING STAFF or i'd be getting banned or suspended right now Lol woops.

i dont like stims and I CAN control myself on anythign but i got problem with chatting non stop on stims fuck gotta get it under control shit tthats a HUGE POST and mostly off topic. MY BAD!

p.m. if anyone has tips for shutting the fuck up when urge to chat like Maniac on Cocaine or AMphetamines any stim even caffeine lol i talk a lot on. I got O.C.D. And A.D.D. so that doesn't help the O.C.D mainly.

Thxs for the response, and the last thing I need is my hair to fall out :(

I have been on and of Klonopin for 12 years and have never heard of someone's hair falling out do to Klonopinn, so I wouldn't worry about that. Oxy can cause some anxiety and then some agitation which the klonopin will end up helping. If you take the Oxy long enough especially if it's Roxicodne it will end up putting you more at ease and feeling comfortable.

In the first few months I took my prescribed dose of Oxy it did not make me feel good at all and then it started really helping me a lot with the pain both physically and mentally which can be a bad thing. Percocet always made me feel like shit and still does.

I am on a similar dose as you but I am a CPP and also suffer from severe PTSD hence the Klonopin. I never go over my prescribed dose but 3 mg is still a good amount in my opinion. I really don't want to ever have to go higher than that.

Good luck

Wow Tom, that was a lengthy response lol thanks for the feedback, though. I don't smoke weed for starters (nor do meth or coke). I just stick with the roxy and klonopin. I thought it was interesting that you brought up temazepam. Ironically, I was taking that, and when it was no longer effective, that is when the Doc switched me to the Klonopin. But, so far the klonopin is working. Also, I have OCD! I wished it would help that, but it don't :(

What is CPP?? Also, it is roxicodone, like you mentioned. I totally agree with you, Percocet sucks!!

Also, thanks for the support that my hair won't fall out. Like you, I hope to never increase more than the prescribed 3mg/day of the klonopin.

Wow Tom, that was a lengthy response lol thanks for the feedback, though. I don't smoke weed for starters (nor do meth or coke). I just stick with the roxy and klonopin. I thought it was interesting that you brought up temazepam. Ironically, I was taking that, and when it was no longer effective, that is when the Doc switched me to the Klonopin. But, so far the klonopin is working. Also, I have OCD! I wished it would help that, but it don't :(

I have been on Opiates (mostly Morphine but also Dilaudid, Fentanyl,Oxycodone, etc) for severe chronic neuropathic pain for a good 10 or 11 years now with the longest break being maybe 2 months. I have been on Klonopin (or Rivotril as it's called here) for anxiety, to help control my Bipolar disorder and to also help with the neuropathic pain i get for about 10 years as well. Benzodiazepines (or atleast certain ones) do help specific types of pain all by themselves. The pain from muscle spasms, dystonia, TMJ, tension headaches, etc are often treated with a Benzo most often Valium as it seems to have better muscle relaxant effects then alot of other Benzos without too much sedation. Klonopin is also used to help the pain from spasticity as well as neuropathic pain such as Trigeminal Neuralgia which is one reason i ended up on Clonazepam instead of another Benzo. Lucky me :p

Benzos do help potentiate the overall analgesic effects of Opiates in my experience though you shouldn't over do it on that combo for obvious reasons. Don't worry about the hair falling out thing either as that must be a very rare side effect. If it's any consolation i am in my mid 30's and am one of the only guys in my family who has not gone grey yet let alone started to go bald and i have been on Clonazepam for a decade :\

Funny that you mention Temazepam but it is by far my favorite benzo and the only one i have ever gotten any euphoria from. I have had ampules of Valium and Lorazepam that i have IVed and i would still much prefer a few Temazepam caps over IV Valium. Temazepam is the only benzo i have ever found worth abusing really.

What is CPP?? Also, it is roxicodone, like you mentioned. I totally agree with you, Percocet sucks!!

Also, thanks for the support that my hair won't fall out. Like you, I hope to never increase more than the prescribed 3mg/day of the klonopin.

Sorry about that. Chronic pain patient.

What !!!! 3 mgs a day and you started last month what in the hell!! Damn that's a high dose to mix with your daily opiates especially if u aren't a heavy user , meaning using a measily 40 mgs oxy a day wouldn't even get my pinky high . You aren't really abusing opiates too much and to add 3 mgs that's a lot even spreading out 3 times a day cause clonazepam is 18-50 hour half life each dose is stacking the other and you end up drooling lol . Definitely even 1 mg a day would help taper the oxy . But be careful taking that much kpin you bound to be hooked bad on benzos real soon if you keep up daily take I would cut the dose in half now while you can easier but I'm not a doctor just trying to help. Also maybe cut 10 mgs oxy out take 7.5 mgs 4 time a day so maybe you won't notice that 2.5 mgs too much , just a random person trying to help with my opinion good luck!

P
What !!!! 3 mgs a day and you started last month what in the hell!! Damn that's a high dose to mix with your daily opiates especially if u aren't a heavy user , meaning using a measily 40 mgs oxy a day wouldn't even get my pinky high . You aren't really abusing opiates too much and to add 3 mgs that's a lot even spreading out 3 times a day cause clonazepam is 18-50 hour half life each dose is stacking the other and you end up drooling lol . Definitely even 1 mg a day would help taper the oxy . But be careful taking that much kpin you bound to be hooked bad on benzos real soon if you keep up daily take I would cut the dose in half now while you can easier but I'm not a doctor just trying to help. Also maybe cut 10 mgs oxy out take 7.5 mgs 4 time a day so maybe you won't notice that 2.5 mgs too much , just a random person trying to help with my opinion good luck!

Hi there- YES, just started the klonopin last month and that's what he gave me.....1mg to be taken three times a day. Ur post made me realize, that maybe this is a high dose. I also try to already do what you suggested, take half roxy at a time. To be honest with you, I take half of both at the same time......and not through IV either �� be careful !!! Oh, and I hated the temazepam! I still have 2 refills at my pharmacy, and have no desire to even refill !! Lol

I had first day of college today I was nervous as hell took 1.5 mg klonopin and than another 1 mg so 2.5 mg total and I was almost out in the first day of class lol I couldn't imagine 3 mgs funny how that happened day after the post

I had first day of college today I was nervous as hell took 1.5 mg klonopin and than another 1 mg so 2.5 mg total and I was almost out in the first day of class lol I couldn't imagine 3 mgs funny how that happened day after the post

Omg, that is crazy! Be careful ! Good luck with your studies ;)

klonopin

so last night I had aquired 1.5 mgs of rivotril(clonazepam) around 11:30 at night I decided I was going to take them. before I did I asked my friend should I snort them to make it better at peak an I didn't get a answer so I said fuck it an snorted .5 I had a really nice stingy/cold feeling in my nose an I felt a little euphoric/kinda out of it I checked my phone and my friend had said that don't snort it it won't do any thing let it disolve under you're tongue at that point idk if my mind was fucking with me an I lost my euphoria bc he said that an was still high or if I was having the placibo effect. so at that point I had snorted .75 an had .25 left in powder an a .5 pill left so I put the powder an pill under my tongue after that for a while I didn't feel anything I decided I was gonna go to bed I started to feel a little spacy and I don't remember going to bed. So I have a couple questions.
*does snorting get you high
*did I have a high enough dosage
*was it placebo or my friend putting that in my head that I wasn't high
*and any other comments on my experience would be very helpful.
I am male,around 170 ib,skinny,havnt done any drugs this week except 1 oxy an a couple beers an drinks than you

P
so last night I had aquired 1.5 mgs of rivotril(clonazepam) around 11:30 at night I decided I was going to take them. before I did I asked my friend should I snort them to make it better at peak an I didn't get a answer so I said fuck it an snorted .5 I had a really nice stingy/cold feeling in my nose an I felt a little euphoric/kinda out of it I checked my phone and my friend had said that don't snort it it won't do any thing let it disolve under you're tongue at that point idk if my mind was fucking with me an I lost my euphoria bc he said that an was still high or if I was having the placibo effect. so at that point I had snorted .75 an had .25 left in powder an a .5 pill left so I put the powder an pill under my tongue after that for a while I didn't feel anything I decided I was gonna go to bed I started to feel a little spacy and I don't remember going to bed. So I have a couple questions.
*does snorting get you high
*did I have a high enough dosage
*was it placebo or my friend putting that in my head that I wasn't high
*and any other comments on my experience would be very helpful.
I am male,around 170 ib,skinny,havnt done any drugs this week except 1 oxy an a couple beers an drinks than you

Ok, I snort mine also. I snort half of a 1mg k-pin typically with half a 10mg roxy. You said it, that cold feeling is amazing!! But, I also get an europhia despite several people stating you will not get an europhia from snorting it! I do ! Perhaps it's cuz I mix it with the roxy, but it's true !! Also, I truly believe when people put things in "your head" when it comes to drugs, you tend to believe it. I would reject his comments! You know how good you were feeling!!

I am also prescribed both meds and take as prescribed, no problems. Never had my hair fall out and I dye mine purple lol

so would you advise I go with snorting it if I get them again or letting them disolve I wonder if u mixing the two is what's getting u that euphoria