• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

kids running around naked: until what age is this exceptible?

Shootingstar22

Bluelighter
This is a question for all you parents out there.
I hope this thread belongs here, I tried second opinion but it wasn't working for some reason.

I think it's perfectly natural for babies to run around the house naked at some point. I think it's cute and shouldn't offend anyone but until what age is this acceptable?

I was at a friend's house the other night who has a 3yr old daughter and she was in the living room playing totally naked for the whole time I was over, my friend who is a single dad had 3 other people over also (2 of them male) should this matter? none of us are child predetors or anything like that but it just seemed kind of.....weird? I don't know, I have another friend who has a 2yr old and he is never naked in front of company unless he just had a bath or diaper change, and is always covered up soon after. My friend never told her once to put her clothes on. She obviously has no shame being a child, but at what point should this be taught?

just curious what the parents think

i am not a parent, but i do work with kids (i'm a nanny). i would think it becomes inappropiate when the child begins to feel uncomfortable. it seems around 3-4, most kids become aware of their bodies and do not like to be seen naked. prior to that realization, most children feel more free with less clothing on.

tho i would think it is in good taste to clothe a child if company is coming over no matter the age. i don't really think there is a set answer tho...

^ I agree.

I am not a mother, but i can tell you that if i was there is no way id leave my child unclothed when there were people over. Its just .... wrong. I dont approve if it. Its not fair on the child.

I think its all about personal preferance. If I had children I think I would have them clothes at all times when company is over. If its a hot day or something and they wanted to run around naked I can't see a problem with that I think over 4 years of age it get a bit strange.

the right age to stop is when the child doesn't feel comfortable running around naked because they notice everyone else with clothes on..

I agree with the comfortable/uncomfortable thing. At some point those kids have probably gotten used to getting dressed for school, or playgroups, or church, or something, and it would be sort of interesting to try to explain how we wear clothes *here*, but not *there*. I'm a big fan of the idea of playclothes though, and the kids get to where whatever they want to at home. :) If they want to wander around with a huge t-shirt of their dad's on...well fine. If it's a dress and cowboy boots, well wonderful :D

I'm not a parent either, but I wouldn't let my kids run around naked with other people over at 3years. They'd be clothed most of the time except for brief moments after a bath or something when its hot to run around the backyard naked a bit but thats it. I don't want them growing up to be some kind of exhibitionist nymphos.

I dunno. But my roomate lets her six year old daughter run around without a shirt on and it's really uncomfortable for me, as a dude. I just dont see how she could let her daughter be naked in front of me. So i make a big scene about it every time by closing my eyes and groaing loudly.
Yeah, that's right. I'm mature like that.

I don't want them growing up to be some kind of exhibitionist nymphos.

I am not a mother, but i can tell you that if i was there is no way id leave my child unclothed when there were people over. Its just .... wrong. I dont approve if it. Its not fair on the child.

I am not a father but could possibly be....also.....not totally certain if I want to be....but I think the 1 year mark should be the definate end of any baby nakedness! I mean won't somebody pleeeeeze think of the children!

Long live nudity!!!!

I'm really surprised at peoples answers here. I had no idea that people in SLR could be so prudish!
I think kids getting around in the nude is really sweet. They are so innocent and open and we could learn alot from them instead of putting our own inhibitions on them and making them ashamed of their bodies.

I think that if having a naked three year old in the room makes you uncomfortable, well, you have more issues than the child or the mother does.

Just my opinion.

Re: Long live nudity!!!!

Beatlebot said:
I'm really surprised at peoples answers here. I had no idea that people in SLR could be so prudish!
I think kids getting around in the nude is really sweet. They are so innocent and open and we could learn alot from them instead of putting our own inhibitions on them and making them ashamed of their bodies.

I think that if having a naked three year old in the room makes you uncomfortable, well, you have more issues than the child or the mother does.

Just my opinion.

I agree, why is everyone making such a big deal. They're just kids. I mean i'd run around the house naked at the age of 8, just because it was so much fun. I didn't give a shit if it bothered anyone, and i didn't end up becoming an exhibitionist freak at all.

2 years old the max, and eve with that, my babies atleast have a diaper on with a onesy (the t-shirt that snaps where the bottom of the diaper is. And if I ever go the store, best believe my children will be dressed. I seen some parents where they have their babies in the with just a diaper on.

Honestly? I don't have children but my opinion is I would never let them run around naked in front of guests. How hard is it to put a nightie/pj's on them for god's sake? Unless they're a baby being changed, I don't expect my guests to be confronted with any kind of nudity, no matter what the age of the child. It's not a fricking hippie commune.

I don't care what you 'free and easy' people think of that; that's just my opinion. Raise your kids how you want to raise them. My opinon is that people come over for a cup of coffee and a chat, not to be confronted by naked bums.

I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 1 year old. They are not allowed to run around naked when I have guests over nor or they allowed to run around naked when they're at home when no one is around. I teach both my children what's acceptable and what's not. For instance, when my son discovered his penis - he was fascinated with it - but it wasn't acceptable for him to whip it out in the middle of the grocery store and scream to everyone in there, "Look Mommy, PENIS!" Yes, that happened. I calmly looked at him and said, "Yes son, that's you penis, now put it back in your pants - we don't show other people our penis". Lol.... Totally innocent but I don't want him growing up and being "so free" that he doesn't recognize boundries. There have been times where I'd have people over and my son would go tearing down the stairs butt ass naked and I'd scoop him up and say,"We don't run around with no clothes on son, now lets go get a bath". Every parent is different. With me, my parent's were very open about the naked body. And taught their children that it was a beautiful thing and not "dirty" in the least. I guess it all comes down to individual parenting and what a parent feels comfortable with. Personally, I try to teach my children boundries and what's acceptable from a very early age and running around naked when we have company over is not acceptable. Not in my home anyway. ;)

^^^
LOL

I don't think nudity is acceptable in public, simply because I know that it might offend others, and I'm conscious of that.

But, at home, I see no reason to not let kids be nude as much as they want, regardless of age.

I do think if you have company over, it's a bit rude for them to be naked...just like I think it's rude to be wearing a dressing gown and shower cap if you have guests! It's not the nudity that would be an issue for me, so much as you should just make some sort of an attempt to look nice for guests (IMO).

^See, Fairy is a perfect example of what I meant. It's really up to the parents way of parenting. I see nothing wrong with this at all. It's just not me and what I do. We just have different ways of parenting. However, I don't see anything un-healthy about this at all. I think in the big scheme of things, this isn't really a big issue as long as the children are brought up to show respect and love towards others. ;)

edited to say good post fairy!=D

I think it's only an issue if the adult makes it an issue. Children are socialized with parental and society's ideals in mind. They don't just suddenly become self-conscious. That's not the natural scheme of things.

Basically it's up to the parent to decide whether to push that boundary on the child or not.

I live with a 7-year-old boy (My flatmates son) and he's semi-conscious about nudity. I think his mom does a good job of not shaming him into feeling self-conscious, but still giving him the idea that it might make certain people uncomfortable. I just ignore it.

In my opinion, the best approach is a passive one. Parents who feel the need to control every aspect of their child's life are doing their child a disservice. Just as important as socialization is the ability to take ownership of your own body and identify it as something personal.

My opinon is that people come over for a cup of coffee and a chat, not to be confronted by naked bums.

LMAO. what is so confronting about naked bums? Especially if it is just a kids?

Sorry, I guess I'm just too 'free and easy' to understand your viewpoint.
%)

shootingstar, that situation DOES sound weird. you said that 'none of us are child preditors' but how would you know? i just want to add that child sexual preditors are the last person you would think they'd be. just my 2 cents on that.
In regards to what age should a child be made to keep their clothes on, i'd say its something that is taught prolly around age 1. because prolly confusing for the child to be allowed to run nude up until age 3 or after. why was it okay up until then? what happened that made it all a sudden wrong? i am a parent, cosistancy is most important.
Oh, and for you people who are wondering why parents would be so concerned about this, it's cos there's alot of sick people out there (and you NEVER know exactly who they are.) and parents are normally, and in my opinion, should be, very protective of their children.

thanks for everyone's responses im glad to hear it isn't just me that thinks it's a bit unacceptable. For the most part my friend is a good father but letting her be naked all evening in front of 4 other people just seemed strange to me.

there was even a part in the evening where she was watching a movie and started to touch herself out of curiousity, her dad saw her and told her not to do that because there was company around and to wait until she was alone if she wanted to do that.

maybe if she had clothes on that wouldn't be an issue of discomfort or embarassment for her or us8( .
just the way I see it.