• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Kicking Suboxone tonight and pregnant, RLS help

Pinknarcotic

Greenlighter
The last three nights I have tried to kick I have tapered down to .5, I took .25 yesterday and then broke and took .5 today .25 at 1:30 am then .25 at 7:00 am. i waited 24 hours between each dose. Expect for the today. Im literally torturing myself. They won't switch me to subutex until tuesday and the suboxone clinic said it doesn't even know what I'm talking about about pregnancy and suboxone... The RLS and vomiting are kicking my ass. The first night i went 24 hours i puked 9 times. I am already puking from being pregnant and this exasperated it. I can not stay on this. I been taking suboxone for 11 days after 2 month heroin habit, I went to detox in March and was clean for 3 or so months. So I'm not that bad. If i stay on this ill never get off.

Im mostly looking for positive words and help with the RLS Its like I'm in the bathtub all damn night. And this half life talk is killing me! i feel like giving up.

Eek! That's a tough situation. I am by no means an expert on suboxone and pregnancy but I would be weary of stopping until Tuesday. Ive heard the naloxone in suboxone isn't good for the bun in the oven but I know going through withdraws can be detrimental to the baby.

I would imagine that keeping a stable dose until Tuesday when you can get subutex would be best for both the bun and the oven

Hopefully someone a bit more knowledgeable could chime in though.

You need to get to the hospital. Going through withdrawal in pregnancy puts you at EXTREME risk of miscarriage.

Please don't do this on your own, please do go to the hospital. CJ is absolutely right, even mild wds can cause a miscarriage.

Best of luck.

- VE

^^ what they said!

but also, know that lots of us from SL are sending you good wishes. this ends. i went through wds from suboxone a couple months ago and it SUCKED. doing that while pregnant...sounds just hellish.

be good to yourself and keep us posted.

Please go to a hospital. The withdrawal can make you miscarry and as far as I know methadone is the ORT that is approved for pregnancy. Both you and your fetus are in great danger right now.

Please go to a hospital. The withdrawal can make you miscarry and as far as I know methadone is the ORT that is approved for pregnancy. Both you and your fetus are in great danger right now.
Subutex is also approved for pregnancy ORT

I think it is fair to say that each medication has it's pros and cons depending on the situation of the mother to be.

Hospital just wants to give me methadone... I am not putting myself on methadone. I did end up in hospital with bleeding. And they gave me Zofran for vomiting. I am now down to .25 but it seems to be very difficult to go below that. I see my OB on wednesday I will discuss with them. And suboxone clinic refused to help me and give me subutex because I wasn't doing suboxone program correctly. They wanted me to take 16mg a day...I only need .25. So I left. Now they won't switch me over. Im waiting for over ride. They said I'm on such small dose the Naloxone isn't even getting to baby. What kind of shit is that???

Hospital just wants to give me methadone... I am not putting myself on methadone. I did end up in hospital with bleeding. And they gave me Zofran for vomiting. I am now down to .25 but it seems to be very difficult to go below that. I see my OB on wednesday I will discuss with them. And suboxone clinic refused to help me and give me subutex because I wasn't doing suboxone program correctly. They wanted me to take 16mg a day...I only need .25. So I left. Now they won't switch me over. Im waiting for over ride. They said I'm on such small dose the Naloxone isn't even getting to baby. What kind of shit is that???

Why not go on a low dose of methadone? It will work just as well if not better than the buprenrophine, plus it will be given to you in a very regulated, controlled way which will be good for your own health and that of your baby to be.

Treating the neonatal abstinence syndrome, if it even presents at birth to begin with, won't be any difficult if you use methadone or buprenorphine. Many are able to keep their babies from suffering by simply feeding them their own milk as they continue taking the methadone or buprenorphine, because there is a small amount that passes through into your milk, then weaning the baby off your milk and onto formula.

You don't want to be taking Suboxone because of the naloxone in it, which is a teratogen and can cause malformations in the fetus. So if you can't get on Subutex, methadone actually is your best option. Getting on methadone is actually a really good idea because, by working with your prescribing doctor and their clinic, you'll be given the resources and professional help necessary to support making sure your baby is born safely and healthy.

You can do this Pink! Keep you head up. Please let us know if there is anything we can do or not do to help support your in this your time of need <3