Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine Use After GallBladder Removal

Kitkat710

Greenlighter
Hi all,

SWIM is getting their gallbladder removed later today. This individual is a frequent (daily) recreation user of ketamine, and was wondering if after initial recovery they would be able to continue using safely, even if not nearly as frequently. SWIM would hate to permanently stop using at it helps immensely with depression and creativity.

Thanks for the input, everyone!

I always wondered this.
As the gallbladder is where k-cramps come from as far as I know.
Are you having it removed for k related reason?
I would willingly have mine taken out if it meant k cramps would be impossible afterwards lol.

Best of luck with the surgery

@jhjhsdi thanks! I believe it’s IBS related, was diagnosed with severe ibs 11 years ago with multiple colonscipes since to check for colitis and chrons, with no luck. Doctors said gallbladder is inflamed and only at 3% functionality, and after the surgery the IBS should be cleared up a lot! So I think using k afterwards would still be fine

@jhjhsdi thanks! I believe it’s IBS related, was diagnosed with severe ibs 11 years ago with multiple colonscipes since to check for colitis and chrons, with no luck. Doctors said gallbladder is inflamed and only at 3% functionality, and after the surgery the IBS should be cleared up a lot! So I think using k afterwards would still be fine

^it will not be fine. See the above sticky thread on ketamine and organ damage.

Ketamine damages the gallbladder connected gallbladder tract, this is likely why you're having it removed, not IBS. Keep going and your regular bladder will be removed next, followed by kidneys and ureter, and liver.

I'll remind you that Avicii had his gallbladder removed, continued using drugs and killed himself. probably in too much pain to continue living. time to get clean or find a safer drug for your organs.

sources:

Chronic biliary colic associated with ketamine abuse

@LucidSDreamr thank you for the speedy reply and extra information. It definitely brings some more insight to me versus my own hopes/opinions on the matter. Definitely a bit of a tough pill to swallow, but what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, right? I think my body needs a bit of a break from it anyways

no problem, best of luck in your surgery and recovery. Hopefully they give you some pain meds because people are undergoing major surgery in the US right now and not being given any pain meds whatsoever, so that other people will stop doing heroin.