View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Ketamine Usage Health Concerns

Devilfish75

Greenlighter
Hello Bluelight community. I've recently been experiencing sudden sharp pains located in the lower right hand side of my stomach/groin area. The pains are sharp and sudden, then subside.. Could this be the result of ketamine usage? My usual ROA is intranasal where i generally do very small lines until I've reached the desired effect, so no more than 80-100mgs at a time. I'm not a daily K user, but have been using K up to once or twice a week for the past couple of months. Would this degree of usage be enough to cause complications as I've mentioned here? To add, I've only just started using K this year, but have been a recreational user of other drugs through the rave scene for well over 30 years now.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Highly unlikely that ketamine is the cause of your problems here. It should take more than a couple of months to foul up your bladder.

it can be ketamine. After a month of heavy use I had pains in my stomach and bladder.

Stop using ketamine and take a long break to recover

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Highly unlikely that ketamine is the cause of your problems here. It should take more than a couple of months to foul up your bladder.
Sounds like the pains I had when I fucked my bladder with ketamine. Your life will never be the same again as this is permanent damage you’re doing OP.

Some people bladder get fucked with zero ketamine so it’s really a spectrum of how long it takes.

Ones study from Japan had a user over only 6 months developing damage.

I posted a study in the sticky on this topic of patients getting liver damage from clinical treatments only…ketamine can fuck sensitive individuals up very quickly or cause symptoms in a patetient with maybe borderline natural bladder cystitis.

How do I link that fucked up bladder thread in here from that K addict, that's enough to put anyone off doing K if they're getting K pains this far into taking such tiny amounts for such a small amount of time

Believe me stop now Ketamine is addictive as fuck and soon even a gram won't do much but you'll crave it and do it anyway, I've had to stop as had a bit of a problem with it, it's hard to stop but when you've had enough of having more bad effects than good from it that makes it easier

Thank you all for your informative responses. If my ketamine usage is in fact the cause of this sudden change in my health it is such a shame. I've grown to love the therapeutic value i've received from ketamine's effects. Especially the afterglow which makes me feel like a new born baby feeling warm, loved and protected.. I suffer from social anxiety/selective mutism & the depression that comes with it, and have found that Ketamine has enabled me to shed some of this fear of people within me which i've had since i was a child. Over the last few years i've tried to remove any drug usage in my life that leads to escalation. Stimulants always go hand-in-hand with alcohol in my experience which has led to some of the worst train wreck benders in my life time. Since the last year I finally managed to quit alcohol after so many years of trying and failing to stop. This paradigm shift coincided with my DMT usage. I just woke up one day and suddenly felt no need to drink anymore. Now alcohol is a blunt instrument to me. Now when i politely decline someone's offer to 'have a drink', i say 'no thank you' from my heart, not my head. The latter form always being susceptible to the slightest form of coercion to drink again.. My problem with alcohol over the years has been with binge drinking, not daily drinking. These binge drinking episodes have often lead to alcohol induced blackouts. I could write a book about the shit i've been through and the places i've woken up in after this state.. I'm extremely lucky to make it out alive..

In DMT and Ketamine I find them to be all consuming where i feel zero need to use any other substances. If I was to take an E, at some point I would do a line of K, or start thinking of drinking again to stretch out the high.. I've been using this way for far too long, and i'm just sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.

In the mean time I will lay off ketamine and see how my body responds. I haven't touched it for over a week or so now. So far the pain has disappeared for the last 2 days. Fingers crossed there hasn't been any permanent damage caused..

With your past addictions and addictive type of mind you really do need to stop it before it gets its hooks in you, I used it to self medicate too but I'm an addict and that's asking to get addicted lol

Thank you all for your informative responses. If my ketamine usage is in fact the cause of this sudden change in my health it is such a shame. I've grown to love the therapeutic value i've received from ketamine's effects. Especially the afterglow which makes me feel like a new born baby feeling warm, loved and protected.. I suffer from social anxiety/selective mutism & the depression that comes with it, and have found that Ketamine has enabled me to shed some of this fear of people within me which i've had since i was a child. Over the last few years i've tried to remove any drug usage in my life that leads to escalation. Stimulants always go hand-in-hand with alcohol in my experience which has led to some of the worst train wreck benders in my life time. Since the last year I finally managed to quit alcohol after so many years of trying and failing to stop. This paradigm shift coincided with my DMT usage. I just woke up one day and suddenly felt no need to drink anymore. Now alcohol is a blunt instrument to me. Now when i politely decline someone's offer to 'have a drink', i say 'no thank you' from my heart, not my head. The latter form always being susceptible to the slightest form of coercion to drink again.. My problem with alcohol over the years has been with binge drinking, not daily drinking. These binge drinking episodes have often lead to alcohol induced blackouts. I could write a book about the shit i've been through and the places i've woken up in after this state.. I'm extremely lucky to make it out alive..

In DMT and Ketamine I find them to be all consuming where i feel zero need to use any other substances. If I was to take an E, at some point I would do a line of K, or start thinking of drinking again to stretch out the high.. I've been using this way for far too long, and i'm just sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.

In the mean time I will lay off ketamine and see how my body responds. I haven't touched it for over a week or so now. So far the pain has disappeared for the last 2 days. Fingers crossed there hasn't been any permanent damage caused..
I’m glad you’re taking this seriously.

I’ve been a crack addict, a heroin addict, a ketamine addict and ketamine was the only thing that destroyed my life - by way of organ damage. I was not even a daily user like I was of the other drugs.

It should be considered as hard of a drug as opiates or cocaine. It’s is every bit as addicting as those drugs imo. Even moreso because it gives you a delusional sense of safety and that the anti hangover (after glow you mentioned) whereas with crack you at least know you’re out of control and have bad comedowns

Here more reading on the damage of ketamine

I’m glad you’re taking this seriously.

I’ve been a crack addict, a heroin addict, a ketamine addict and ketamine was the only thing that destroyed my life - by way of organ damage. I was not even a daily user like I was of the other drugs.

It should be considered as hard of a drug as opiates or cocaine. It’s is every bit as addicting as those drugs imo. Even moreso because it gives you a delusional sense of safety and that the anti hangover (after glow you mentioned) whereas with crack you at least know you’re out of control and have bad comedowns

Here more reading on the damage of ketamine

Thank you so much for sharing the above information. This is very concerning. My perception of Ketamine has now changed as a result. It certainly has been an educational experience, but at the expense of my health it would appear... It just sucks that even with such minimal K usage i would need to suffer. I personally have never been outright addicted to any particular drug throughout my life. While I've been a poly recreational drug user since the 90s, I've never been hospitalized, imprisoned or broke as a result. I'm also a casual heroin user which I've also done since the 90s and never developed a daily habit, or even a weekly habit. I don't use needles. Never have, never will. But i don't judge anyone-Each to their own. My nemesis is alcohol which has single handedly been the cause of all the major damage(blunt trauma injury) I've experienced in my life. Alcohol has also played a part in the ruin of countless family members of mine too.

As for ketamine usage I think my personal experience with it and the above information is enough for me to put it down and stick with LSD and DMT as therapeutic drugs which have helped me immensely, especially over the last few years.

Last edited:
Doing ketamine once or twice a week is not minimal usage.

Over a 2 year period I consumed around a ounce of ketamine.

I did around 10 g of it within a 3 month period and that hurt my bladder.

I was doing it a couple a times a week, sometimes every day for two week benders in 2020.

I would take at least a year off you don't want to get the insane perma tolerance aswell. My ketamine tolerance rapidly increased I remeber my first ever 30 mg bump that had me floating on a cloud for a nice little while.

Before I quit last year after a very scary k hole, And i had been in over 50 + k holes My tolerance reached the level where i needed around 300-400 mg to k hole

If you want to do ketamine, try do it like once a month or once every couple months.

I love ket and I wish I could do it again. It healed my PTSD and changed my life in a very postive way, but when i abused it i also became quite crazy and detatched from reality lol.

My most healing experince was mixing ketamine with a heavy dose of LSD. And that changed my life forever. Made me a new person.

But i have been mostly sober for a year now. the only drug i did this year so far was DMT In jan and one acid trip a couple months ago.

While I've been a poly recreational drug user since the 90s, I've never been hospitalized, imprisoned or broke as a result.

Im the same …until the hospitalizations started happening (but that wasn’t only for the ketamine). I’ll tell you why it’s worse to be a so called “functional” addict rather than someone that ends up homeless with their youth in tact.

People that are able to mamanage their finances and stay out of legal trouble usually fall victim to the health damage eventually. Someone once told me "addicts typically keep using until they are faced with a a reason to stop,”

Most of the ppl you meet in rrecovery have something that broke them to make them go there…it’s usually being destitute or prison…but if it’s not those then your health is the first thing that falls apart eventually. Something’s gonna give eventually nobody makes it out of poly drug use unscathed if they just continue and continue throughout the years.

I always felt very isolated and like nobody could relate because everyone I met in recovery stopped due to prison and nobody stopped due to health damage.

Sometimes I wish I would’ve been arrested/homeless etc and maybe that would’ve caused me to stop vs health damage coming first

Last edited:
Im the same …until the hospitalizations started happening (but that wasn’t only for the ketamine). I’ll tell you why it’s worse to be a so called “functional” addict rather than someone that ends up homeless with their youth in tact.

People that are able to mamanage their finances and stay out of legal trouble usually fall victim to the health damage eventually. Someone once told me "addicts typically keep using until they are faced with a a reason to stop,”

Most of the ppl you meet in rrecovery have something that broke them to make them go there…it’s usually being destitute or prison…but if it’s not those then your health is the first thing that falls apart eventually. Something’s gonna give eventually nobody makes it out of poly drug use unscathed if they just continue and continue throughout the years.

I always felt very isolated and like nobody could relate because everyone I met in recovery stopped due to prison and nobody stopped due to health damage.

Sometimes I wish I would’ve been arrested/homeless etc and maybe that would’ve caused me to stop vs health damage coming first
What you've stated here often crosses my mind. The whole functional drug addict aspect of it. Not to mention the question of why do I so need to change the way I feel with these drugs even after all these years??...

The weekly job routine of Mon to Fri, 9 to 5, which i now see as a form of time theft comes to mind here-anything to break the routine and reward us after yet another shitty day or week at work. The proverbial carrot on the end of the stick here, only we also get to take a bite..

Everything has its origins, its roots. To fail to understand them is to fail to understand the present & possibly know the future. I can only gain understanding of such things by deconstructing them to truly know and understand what is what..

Culturally we were raised and programmed to perceive illicit drugs as taboo. In my experience that was the very thing that made me want to access them; the forbidden fruit must be had. I started smoking cannabis at the age of 11 when i was told by my mother "stay away from your uncle's 'tomato plant' we have in our backyard'..

While this need to seek out such things stems from naivety, I must remember that it also stems from the need to learn and know from personal experience. I can't stand people who've formed shallow opinions about things they've never experienced themselves while imposing their will on others based on such a lack of knowledge. My parents are in this category and also the education system. While we were taught the 'just say no to drugs/drugs are bad mmmkay' mantra at school, we were never taught about the pleasure aspect of drug consumption as to learn and understand what it is about these drugs that turns people on to them and makes people enjoy them, at least in the initial phase. Heroin comes to mind here.. Anyone associated with heroin in Australia is deemed as a 'smackie' or a 'junkie' by the mainstream even if you use it occasionally as i have. But i've never expected a pat on the back for using, hence why i've always kept it to myself : )

A balanced form of drug education would have been much more beneficial for me personally.. But i had to learn the hard way which appears to be the case now. My father always said 'you play with fire, you get burned'. But i never wanted to put my hand into it. I just wanted to get close enough to it to feel its warmth.. But 'it's never enough', to quote a line from The Cure's Never Enough..

I must also add that the chasing/seeking out of drugs be it on the street, etc. is also a part of the addiction. There is a thrill in the whole process for me personally-the seeking, the acquisition, then the consumption/reward of the getting in, getting it, getting out, and getting away with it once again.. This part of my life has always been a source of my song writing material. Destructivity leading to creativity..

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I just wanted to give an update on my current health status since my last episode using ketamine. Since I completely stopped using K about a month ago the pain I was experiencing has completely disappeared, along with the weak bladder which had me feeling the urge to pee even with the smallest amount of urine. It's such a relief to feel whole again. This is the first time I've ever suffered to such a degree since using drugs minus the occasional terrible comedowns, so it's been a learning experience to say the least.

Now I have my health back I'm feeling apprehensive about using K ever again..