• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

"Ketamine to cope with depression and PTSD" - an article written with Bluelight's data

Tharcila

Greenlighter
Hello Bluelight Community,

Last week, a scientific paper that I wrote with 2 colleagues got published in The American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse. It's a qualitative study performed with data gathered here, on Bluelight. We focused on threads about the use of ketamine to cope with depression and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

You can access it here: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00952990.2020.1769118

Thanks very much to the whole Community!

Good vibes,
Tharcila Chaves, PharmD PhD

Call me impatient but I want science to start experimenting with more than just ketamine, psilocybin and MDMA.

Either way, you are doing God's work OP. Thank you. Truly!

If you're depressed or anxious and use Ketamine it's such a relief and escape that you end up addicted, tolerance builds up quick as you wrote in the artical, and before you know it your sniffing huge lines and spending all your money on it

Some people move on to injecting it, either IM or IV, and the risk of K bladder/damage is to big for it to be swept under the carpet, also you didn't mention stomach inflammation and ulcers caused by the "drip" you get from snorting k/nasel sprays I've had this it's agony so telling everybody that ketamine therapy is the next big thing isn't wise, yes maybe for people who haven't suffered addiction in the past, but you must of came across enough K addicts in your research, it's just going to open a whole can of worms, nevermind the opioid epidemic it will be the ketamine epidemic next lol

On this site alone I know K addicts, you'd not be too quick to be singing ketamines praises if you knew just how addictive it is, then there's my best friend who's on K most days, and my K dealer, and my other K dealer and his K dealer oh wait and ME I'm addicted to it yeah, I can't afford any today and my tolerance is big and I'm craving it like mad, so what may help lift depression and anxiety while you're on it, definitely doesn't once its worn off, which is the next day, "afterglow" my ass

Did you speak to K addicts, those who have depression and anxiety, do you know ketamine acts not just on NMDA receptors but on opioid receptors and dopamine too, so once you stop taking it you actually become more depressed than before you started, and it actually has withdrawal symptoms

I love ketamine, it costs to much to do it as much as I like, I know you went over it in your artical but dose tolerance is the major factor here, even for people who get it off their doctors what may start as 50mg twice a day in a nasel spray will end up with people taking more and before you know it they need so much that their doctor cuts them off and they buy it off the street, or turn to research chemicals bought on line, you heard of all these ketamine-like analogues? There are many, it's what some dissociative addicts turn to and no one knows the long term damage and some has some scary side effects, such as psychosis, mania, even death

So yeah just like what's happening to people turning to heroin once their pain pills are stopped, I can see that happening with ketamine

Just thought you might like my view considering I'm addicted to K, and have generalised anxiety disorder and depression and I've tried many many antidepressants that don't help so I self medicate with Ketamine

My anxiety is bad today, I know what help lol

Call me impatient but I want science to start experimenting with more than just ketamine, psilocybin and MDMA.

Either way, you are doing God's work OP. Thank you. Truly!

Thanks so much!
New substances, new trials are coming up. It takes time.

If you're depressed or anxious and use Ketamine it's such a relief and escape that you end up addicted, tolerance builds up quick as you wrote in the artical, and before you know it your sniffing huge lines and spending all your money on it

Some people move on to injecting it, either IM or IV, and the risk of K bladder/damage is to big for it to be swept under the carpet, also you didn't mention stomach inflammation and ulcers caused by the "drip" you get from snorting k/nasel sprays I've had this it's agony so telling everybody that ketamine therapy is the next big thing isn't wise, yes maybe for people who haven't suffered addiction in the past, but you must of came across enough K addicts in your research, it's just going to open a whole can of worms, nevermind the opioid epidemic it will be the ketamine epidemic next lol

On this site alone I know K addicts, you'd not be too quick to be singing ketamines praises if you knew just how addictive it is, then there's my best friend who's on K most days, and my K dealer, and my other K dealer and his K dealer oh wait and ME I'm addicted to it yeah, I can't afford any today and my tolerance is big and I'm craving it like mad, so what may help lift depression and anxiety while you're on it, definitely doesn't once its worn off, which is the next day, "afterglow" my ass

Did you speak to K addicts, those who have depression and anxiety, do you know ketamine acts not just on NMDA receptors but on opioid receptors and dopamine too, so once you stop taking it you actually become more depressed than before you started, and it actually has withdrawal symptoms

I love ketamine, it costs to much to do it as much as I like, I know you went over it in your artical but dose tolerance is the major factor here, even for people who get it off their doctors what may start as 50mg twice a day in a nasel spray will end up with people taking more and before you know it they need so much that their doctor cuts them off and they buy it off the street, or turn to research chemicals bought on line, you heard of all these ketamine-like analogues? There are many, it's what some dissociative addicts turn to and no one knows the long term damage and some has some scary side effects, such as psychosis, mania, even death

So yeah just like what's happening to people turning to heroin once their pain pills are stopped, I can see that happening with ketamine

Just thought you might like my view considering I'm addicted to K, and have generalised anxiety disorder and depression and I've tried many many antidepressants that don't help so I self medicate with Ketamine

My anxiety is bad today, I know what help lol
I'm not sure why you're addicted to ketamine and I couldn't say why it doesn't give after-glow relief for you, but I personally (and many others, as studies have shown) find dissociatives to relieve depression for up to a few weeks after only one session. The idea that you need to use it daily to achieve anti-depressant effects is simply wrong for the majority of users. If you need to use it daily, then it is not the anti-depressant for you, the health risks for your bladder are too high. The rest of us can get by on using it only once or twice a month.

The months where I was using MXE were some of the happiest of my life and I would use once or twice a week at most. I've never tried ketamine but MXE has huge AD potential. It might be why it's gone... maybe there's a pharmaceutical company conspiracy involved in keeping it out of circulation so that people turn to shit like SSRIs which aren't nearly as effective.

The idea that you need to use it daily to achieve anti-depressant effects is simply wrong for the majority of users. If you need to use it daily, then it is not the anti-depressant for you, the health risks for your bladder are too high. The rest of us can get by on using it only once or twice a month

I think you have a point, and I think some people have a tendancy to get addicted to it and some don't, just like pain pills, the people that can use ketamine as a medicine and have it help them I think is brilliant honestly, I also think some could end up liking it to much just like opioids, not everyone no, people like you are an exception, and hats off to people who can use K as it should for depression, or take opioids and not get addicted

I think it's such a good discovery that it can help people who have antidepressant resistant depression/anxiety as long as its just used as the clinic or their doctor says

Then again a man receiving Ketamine infusing ending up going psychotic then he killed himself just after his last infusion

Just to make it clear I have generalised anxiety disorder, I also go through bouts of depression

I have tried about 15 different antidepressant SSRIs, SNRIs, Tricyclics, and Nassas, also Propranolol and Busperone/Buspar too, and even an antipsychotic called Quetiapine/Seroquel, also Tramadol and Pregabalin, and I've tried a few different benzodiazepines and none work or have such bad side effects I can't take them anymore or as in the benzos and tramadol I got heavily addicted, ketamine is such a good escape drug that is tendacy for abuse is so high in those with anxiety and depression,
littrally everyone I know who does K, my dealer for instance said he can't find anything for his ADHA so uses K, but he sniffs huge lines all day, he's a mess he sits there struggling to measure me out a gram with strings of snot dangling from his nose down to his knees, this is just one K head I know but another example of someone thinking K helps depression, it does but then it doesn't

I feel down and crappy because I'm craving K so bad, but my tolerance is so high its not worth doing any even if I had some money for some which I don't as its all gone on K!

I've never tried ketamine but MXE has huge AD potential. It might be why it's gone... maybe there's a pharmaceutical company conspiracy involved in keeping it out of circulation so that people turn to shit like SSRIs which aren't nearly as effective

You know that wouldn't surprise me at all lol, someone was saying the other day that Teresa May's husband owns the biggist crop of weed so that if anything happens to the pharmaceutical world then he's going to swoop in there saying weed is the best medication and he'll have all the control as he owns the majority of the weed lol

This came from my K dealer, and he's a K head so who knows how true it is lol

Thanks so much!
New substances, new trials are coming up. It takes time.
Hi @Tharcila, completely agreeing that novel drugs and formulations take time to progress through trials, it is understood that negative effects have to be understood and mitigated. Including where a new drug has the potential to be abused. Let's be grown ups though, any drug can be abused given the motivation and resource to do so. What I don't understand is why a relatively harmless substance, codeine for example, would be necessarily bound to far more toxic chemicals such as APAP/ASA/IBP unless prescribed.

./empeebee