• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine Pain (K-pain cramps) and how to get through it.

thelinx

Greenlighter
I thought I'd divulge everything I've learned over the years in hope of helping someone in need so here goes. It seems to be there are three types of k-pain:

Pain in the back/kidneys - Ibuprofen works well, make sure to take with food, DRINK WATER a pint an hour if you're experiencing urethra pain too though, this may be exacerbated by the acidity of the ibuprofen. So it's up to you to judge. Hot water bottle helps alot.

Pain in the solar plexus/gall bladder/abdomen - Probably the worst kind of k-pain. Take a hot bath, never take more k to numb it as it will be horrendous pain when it wears off. Chew Gaviscon/anti-acids. Others recommend lansoprazole if you have it. anti-acids are more easily available. Hot water bottles help ALOT. If it doesn't seem to work on your front try it on your back/kidneys even if the pain isn't there.

Urinary/genital pain - DRINK WATER a pint an hour, don't take Ibuprofen it'll make it worse. Try paracetamol, but water is the best thing to relieve the acidity. Pee often. might last two or so days but may last longer if you take ibuprofen. For lads, pain dissappears when you have an erection.

In all cases obviously resist the urge to take ketamine.

NSAIDs like ibuprofen make sense to relieve inflammations, and typical K-pains are often inflammation of the hepatic bile ducts. However, sometimes it's gastrointestinal distress and in those cases I guess antacids might make sense, or indeed proton pump inhibitors like some of the -prazoles.

So it matters which ailment is getting you - try to narrow down the location of the pain. I'd say the bile duct / gall bladder issue is a very particular painful or crampy feeling in a particular place on the lower right side of your chest. Gastrointestinal problems would be more spreaded and you might have other symptoms with your stomach or gut.

Maybe take a longer break from the K, not only to allow the inflammation (or other issues) to resolve but also so that the numbing effects go away a bit so that you can narrow down the location of the pain.

If you drink a lot of water, still don't drink more than about 2.5 liters a day - becomes toxic at some point... some people take the 'drink lots of water' advice too seriously especially advice of some large amount every hour.