• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine Kidney/Bladder Damage Poll - How much were you taking?

IF you have sustained kidney/bladder damage, what was your usage like?

• Over 2 years of use. Daily (500mg - 2g)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over 2 years of use. Daily (< 500mg)

• Over 2 years of use. 1g per 1-3 weeks

• 1-2 years of use. Daily (> 2g)

• 1-2 years of use. Up to 1g per month

• Under 1 year of use. Daily (> 2g)

• Under 1 year of use. Daily (< 500mg)

• Total voters
If you have any problems with your prostate, unfortunately ketamine seems to aggravate them big time. Acidic drinks + Ketamine is an instant inflammation and will leave you feeling like you have a piece of barbed wire stuck up in there somewhere when you pee.

Unfortunately this leaves ketamine for myself (having prostatitis) as a bit of a write off. Unfortunate as it was seeming to work and help curb my mood swings, being a Dopamine Reputake Inhibitor that is.

I really wish I'd known this earlier.
I've recently been diagnosed with CPPS, and so far never had problems with using Ketamine, or other arylcyclohexylamines... Until this summer, that is. I played around with O-PCE for a bit. Took it daily for about 2-3 weeks. One day, I began noticing a weird pressure in my bladder/prostate area. And that was it. Unfortunately, at first I didn't attribute it to the O-PCE and kept taking it. I shouldn't have done that. It had a lasting impact (can't empty bladder completely), and I keep having this pressure in that area.
I'm afraid I can't comment on Ketamine itself as I haven't taken it in a long while, but I've found that it seems to be a property of arylcyclohexylamines themselves.

Methoxphenidine never gave me these issues, and trying to source an alternative for MXP, I came across 3-MeO-PCP.
I took it two days in a row, low doses, and had the same issues. Luckily the symptoms seem to have gotten a lot better within 2 days of not taking it. I'm so gutted though.
I love dissociatives. Anyway, I posted this same story with a bit more detail in a different thread on BL (some thread comparing Ketamine and 3-MeO-PCP in regards to possible bladder damage).

So this is supposed to be a warning to anyone suffering from CPPS/chronic prostatitis: I recommend you steer away from arylcyclohexylamines in general.

If anyone has made the same observations, I'd be very happy to hear your story. And lastly, if anyone knows a "safe way" to take Ketamine/other arylcyclohexylamines as a CPPS sufferer (i.e. circumvent any negative impact these substances have on the prostate), please let me know!