View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine k hole hallucinations

Tripprn

Greenlighter
I'm new to Ketamine haven't tried it yet Maybe gonna Idk so far... one of my questions is: what hallucinations do you get in k hole, sub k hole and just being k'ed up? Can't find any descriptions do the hallucinations on the internet. What's it like? Patterns? Things that isn't there like maybe you see a cat (bad example) so on...

For me ketamine visuals mainly consist of closed eye visuals.

With eyes open, and sub k-hole, I tend to get either visual enhancement or a kind of visual degradation, dependent on environment and, to a certain degree, mind state. If it's outdoors and sunny everything can seem really crisp and HD. If it's indoors/dark then things can become pixelated and the red static that covers my vision at a night time becomes very pronounced. I tend to find that the visual static can increase if I'm in a negative mindspace.

With eyes closed, having consumed enough ketamine (but not necessarily in a k-hole), I tend to travel through various black and white/grey landscapes. It's a peculiar sensation but I tend to kind of slide in different directions and enter different rooms, sometimes sliding past figures (who are just part of the scenery and don't appear to be alive), or past the forms of buildings, or down streets and through cities, occasionally lined with the likes of trees. Sometimes I'll speed up and sometimes I'll slow down or change direction, but it generally seems to be at a slow pace. It's always very dark and everything lacks detail.

However, if I sniff enough (at least 1g+) over a long period of time (i.e a couple of hours), and work my way up in very small increments without falling into a full k-hole, then these landscapes can become very crisp, detailed and I think possibly colourful, or at least less dark, and I can pretty much think of something and it will form into the landscape around me.

For the record, this only happens for me with one particular isomer of ketamine, which I believe to be racemic. With the other isomer I just k-hole and don't remember it. I've sniffed my way through grams trying to achieve the same closed eye visuals, working my way up in bumps and doing big lines, and it just doesn't work for me. I think this is probably because I can't remember the k-hole and I'm either in or out.

Obviously it's a very different experience if you're on psychedelics/certain other drugs.

there are some repeating patterns, but not quite as fractalized and repititious as normal psychs.

full scences can play out (like traveling through a bunch of different rooms encountering people/things etc), the scenery tends to be made out of glitter or digitalized There is music that is totally hallucinated.

imagine traveling down one of those enclosed tube water slides, being dragged through an endless tunnel of digital caverns rooms and dimensions. There is a very distinct sensation that your are actually stuck in another place, an eternal sort of afterlife that is so real you can think you are dead and forget you are on a drug.

I can't stress enough the feeling of being stuck in another dimension, screaming/roaring sounds coming from everywhere, traveling through endless levels as you slide through the tunnel. its very claustrophobic and you feel like you are so tightly packed into the dimension that its as dense as a black hole.

visually its a lot of layers...sort of like flipping through a phone book, except you are stuck inside of the book. colors can be any and all colors, it does have a distinct cartoon/digital type appearance, not as organic as psychs, sharp edges, lines. I swear the first time it happened to me I woke up inside of a hole and I though that I was dead or trapped in some sort of after life, the sensation of being somewhere else is most impressive compared to the visuals

another hole i exploded into with cartoon circles and bubbles of rainbow colors, sirens were going off everywhere, I thought that I was the god of the uinverse and that I could now save humanity and show them paradise peace and enternal life. thought it was all real until i came to.

another time I encountered a giant "ebony godess" sort of like those indian goddesses, she would fracalize and spill gold everywhere, another time I had the sensation i was approaching a climax of sorts as i was traveling through the levels. As I approached it there was a feeling of dejavu like I had experienced that trip many times before even though i hadn't. When I exploded into the climax I was immeresed in some very dark, hedonistic abyss of human bodies, alive, severed, and submerged in blood. crazy shit.

all of my real holes have been on IV mxe. they were amazing but Ive been too scared for years to repeat the experience again. Not sure why bc they weren't particularly teriffying just very intense. Maybe K is less scary to hole on? can someone comment?

Last edited:
To me k is less scary to hole on. Every time I holed on mxe it made me very confused and panicky with a very intense sensation of doom or depression or something. It confuses me to the point where I didnt even now what I was, or if I was alive or what. Its very hard to put words to the experience. K on the other hand I find more enjoyable, it feels more organic to me. With mxe even in non hole amounts feels cartoony and generic if that makes sense to anyone lol

Higher doses of Ketamine I find will totally immerse you in your setting and add detailed objects that, for example, relate to the music. For lower doses I agree that it is mostly CEV's and they aren't particularly colorful. One particularly vivid hole I remember having was flying down some sort of wormhole and seeing all sorts of complex mathematical equations being worked out all around and at the end it seemed to break down like some sort of quantum decoherence.

all of my real holes have been on IV mxe. they were amazing but Ive been too scared for years to repeat the experience again. Not sure why bc they weren't particularly teriffying just very intense. Maybe K is less scary to hole on? can someone comment?

I find MXE less scary to hole on but that may just be because I have a lot more experience with it, as a result my tolerance is so high that I wouldn't even bother trying to hole off of it anymore.

Ketamine is a lot colder which I don't find as comforting but I also feel like it's more similar to a serotonergic psychedelic in the way it affects the mind. Whereas MXE seems to mute or change a lot of the aspects of my personality or ego, Ketamine generally doesn't seem to affect these areas nearly as much. Another way of putting it would be that no matter how physically incapacitated Ketamine leaves my body, I am still perceiving the experience from a state of mind very similar to my sober perspective. It doesn't seem to shield or hide the ego, unlike most other dissociatives and more akin to a psychedelic. I assume this difference arises from MXE's action on the monoamine transporters and Ketamine's almost lack thereof.

For example a vision of racing (hovering) above and across the surface of a planet, then flying off into space (not all that realistic, more abstract with only partial detail like dreams) and encountering a sort of immense vortex with a spring board above it, then diving off of the board into the heart of the vortex.

On the one hand, 'hole' shouldn't be taken too literally and being in a void can be an experience coming in various ways where there is an internal trip experience with no connection left to the outside, but on the other hand things like this have a pretty ket like atmosphere for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAmj10LHo1k

Usually I am removed from my emotions and thoughts become much more 'meta' or parallel rather than linearly organized or chronological. Visions can be pretty fractured and seem dark and deep. A lot seems to be not in color or even black and white but monochromatic in a different way. Fleshy and sepia but cold and clinical. And just really strange, there is no more normal reference of size or euclidian geometry etc which makes things very illogical, bizarre and disjointed. Any association or fragment of hallucination can be isolated rather than consistent in a bigger picture that makes obvious sense. Electric sheep.

Last edited:
I haven't tried psychedelics but i'm Really fascinating by them but can't get my havde on them for now. If i'm looking for a kinda similar effect to psychedelics is ketamine the way. I'm really fascinating by hallucinations and the way music sounds when on certain drugs. The mind space is more of a bonus to me.

And if I would be doing k would it then be too early to k hole the 3rd time. Cuz it's a little expensive in my area and I'm only looking for trying it (also k-hole) but many says it's really intense and I was wondering if the 3rd time doing k could be a k hole and if I could be ready for it. Thinking the dose could be something like this: first time 40mg, second 75mg and third 130mg all nasal and there would be 1-3 weeks within the different times doing k. Is this the right dose if I was actually doing k hole third time. How easy is it to overdose just wondering because when k'ed up u get kinda paralyzed and I don't think I would then could do a line, but again I don't wanna overdose so..?

^I think it would be very hard to overdose on intranasal ketamine unless you for some reason did a *ridiculously* big line or were on some kind of CNS depressent. Even half gram lines are pretty common. I've never known a death to occur, personally, but there was that Japanese girl(?) who was recorded sniffing a stupid amount in one go... I believe she died.

Personally I don't weigh ketamine, I just divide a gram into about 10+ lines and work my way up into a hole.

Last edited:
You could try mushrooms if they're available in your area. They'll give you a flavour of the concept of a "trip". They can be very beautiful experiences and would give you a feel for the terrain of altered states. Then you could do your K and though very different in some ways, is similar in that it's just a different weird experience. One effect that I've not seen mentioned above (though the descriptions chime very closely with my visual experiences) is that of an immense feeling of compassion I sometimes experience. No substance has ever done that for me the way K has. Your suggestion as to the doses seems reasonable and not excessive - the K-hole is not that scary in my experience. Yes you might feel you've "gone too far" and might never get back again, but any slight panic is usually short-lived in my experience.

Classic psychedelics don't really have much bearing on how you'll react to the ketamine experience. In fact, low dose ketamine doesn't have a whole lot of bearing on how you'll handle the k hole experience either, although it can be comforting to know you're not going to have an unusual bad reaction to the drug before taking a big dose.

I think OP has been doing the right thing by working up from a lower dose, but I find it takes a fair bit more ketamine via insufflation to enter a hole than a lot of the more conservative online dosage advice would suggest. Personally I like to take about a third of a gram and snort in fairly quick succession for optimal k hole results. I also find I get better effects if I take my k hole dose without playing about with small doses first, as hitting the receptors fresh seems to cause a more profound effect.

I also find it hella fun to do what Tranced suggests and redose into a hole, but it isn't the most effective way of achieving the more OBE type effects imo.

But is it too early to do k hole on 3rd try

Too early for what? Go for it man, chances are you'll love it. Only one way to find out though.

But is it too early to do k hole on 3rd try

The first time I k-holed properly (I'd been pretty ketted at an after party once before but didn't hole), was when I sniffed my remaining ket (from said after party) and climbed into bed. It was intense and unexpected. I was flung into that hole and at the time it was both shocking and dark... fast forward a few days and I did exactly the same thing, although this time it was a lot more gentle.

I don't see any problem with taking ketamine on your third go and aiming for the hole. You've got a taste for it and you're clearly interested in more.

I think that most people find ketamine comfortably intense. It can seem extremely powerful at the time, but it's not really prone to causing an existential crisis in the way that other psychedelics/dissociatives can. I know a lot of people who wouldn't readily touch salvia/DMT, but are completely addicted to the hole.

I actually vary rarely hear people describing their ketamine experiences, which is interesting. It's anesthetic qualities definitely seem to somewhat numb the power.

I think OP has been doing the right thing by working up from a lower dose, but I find it takes a fair bit more ketamine via insufflation to enter a hole than a lot of the more conservative online dosage advice would suggest. Personally I like to take about a third of a gram and snort in fairly quick succession for optimal k hole results. I also find I get better effects if I take my k hole dose without playing about with small doses first, as hitting the receptors fresh seems to cause a more profound effect.

See, I can understand how this works for a lot of people, but for me I very rarely remember the hole and don't get (or remember, at least) any of the OBE type effects. That's why I like to skirt the edges of the hole. But if I could experience it like other people and remember it, I'd probably aim for it every time.

Last edited: