View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine IM dosing

Uberhaus

Greenlighter
I have pure Ketamine rx'ed by a dr 50mg per ml that I am supposed to draw up and IM. It doesn't seem to have any effect other than slight sedation. So far the most I've taken 150mg IM.

According to erowid for a K hole I am supposed to be at .75mg per pound. I've read the other threads were the people are 160 pounds and below. Unfortunately I am over 300 pounds. So .75 x 300 is 255mg. Is that what I need to enter a K hole? When I've had it IV at clinic, I get 110mg over 30 mins (which is about .8 per kg) and I have an incredible experience. I'm trying to reach that. I just want to make sure since I'm so much heavier than most the .75mg per pound IM is an okay number?

Intranasal, without using Ketamine in over a month, I tried 300mg and nothing.

Also, how quickly do you build tolerance? Is using about every 3-4 days okay or should it be spaced out more?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Suprised you've been rx'ed ketamine, didn't even think that was possible.. may I ask why you was prescribed it? If it's too personal don't feel the need to disclose the reason.

I'm not one to give perfect advice but I'm pretty sure I've read a true k-hole is only possible once every 7 days, so maybe space it out a bit more and also research methods of what nutrition is best to flush it out of your system faster.

In regards to your weight, I'm pretty sure you may require more than someone that's less than half of your weight, but again that's just my initial thought.. all drugs react differently, my friend who's much heavier than me requires a significitanly lower dose of MDMA, so just google different credible websites to gather the most alike infromation.

I remember my first k-hole.. the first time I did ketamine lol, was with a couple of friends who were more experienced than me. They were pretty wavy from it and I wasn't so I just thought fuck it, and railed a fat line of it.. about 10 minutes later shit hit the fan lol. Had no clue where I was, who I was.. felt like I was getting pulled out of the room then thrown back in and remember lifting my arm up and the sofa raising up in the air with it. I was very naive to drugs when this happened and put me off ketamine for a very long time, still don't take it really due to price inflation.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't it be possible to get it prescribed? It has been a medicine used in human medicine for fifty plus years... I do have Ketamine made for me at a compounding pharmacy, it's rather cheap; it's true that as an outpatient you need a compounding pharmacy to make it. I rather not disclose the reason publicly, I should probably edit my weight too, I don't want there to be any identifying information. I do have a very, very good doctor that is known throughout the US as a leader in the medical community. Before Ketamine, I was on other "interesting" prescriptions. I'm just nervous to keep experimenting with the dose as I don't want to build my tolerance so it doesn't work, and then I end up, before I know it, taking 500mg+ and I take too much. My dr is easy going and doesn't really care but he can't end up rx'ing me say 1 liter of 50mg/1ml Ketamine a month as the DEA would object."Railed" means what? Intranasal? Is nasal easier to get into the K hole? I was told I can take it IM or intranasal (it is in one big 200ml bottle, at 50mg per ml and then I have syringes that were rx'ed to prepare it if I don't want to do it intranasal...I like IM because the onset is faster...intranasal seemed to take 30-40 mins to feel anything).

I live in the UK and just never heard of it been given apart from in a hospital, even then it's rare I think. I think the UK and the USA have different views on prescription drugs, but not sure to what extent this is. Yeah railed means taken nasally. I don't think it's easier to enter a k hole nasally, pretty sure IM would be more effective. I'm suprised it took you 30-40 minutes to feel anything when taken intranasally.. usually hits me within 5-10 minutes regardless of how much I've eaten prior to it.

It's really rare in the US to be rx'ed as an outpatient, but it can happen (and the pt has to be able to afford the medicine as virtually no insurance company pays for compounding medicine).

Hmm. Maybe I'm doing intranasal wrong? Even my dr said it would take 20 mins for it to work intranasal... How do you recommend doing it intranasal? I have a nasal spray applicator, every ml spray is 50mg, it's about 3cm long, just stick it up as high as it'll go, and then spray? do i point in a direction, or just straight up?

But since intranasal is 50% bioavailable, wouldn't it make more sense, for the sake of not using more, to do it IM? Is there any benefit to IM over intranasal?

By taking it nasally I mean sniffing it as a powder substance. I've never heard of squirting liquid ketamine up your nose. It's extremely easy to convert liquid ketamine into powder though. Put your desired amount of liquid on a plate, place another plate on top and then place in the microwave and bake at intervals of 1 minute until it's just powder. The plate on top is to containe it all, stopping the ketamine bouncing everywhere like popcorn. It's the fastest way to convert it into powder. You'll have a extremely faster onset when you sniff it as powder.. let me know how you get on if you do decide to go via this route.

Is there any other benefit to nasal, especially if it is a powder? The main problem I see with nasal is the 50% BA, whereas IM Ketamine's BA is close to 100%. Is the only benefit of nasal powder Ketamine the faster onset? Because, again, IM Ketamine is supposed to hit in 2 mins or so?

I'm not trying to argue, I am trying to understand. I assume I just am not doing enough Ketamine, but taking ~225mg based on my weight, which is about 300 scares me when everybody else is taking half that. If it is truly based on weight, then fine, no problem, I'll take 225mg IM. Speaking of which, in an IM injection, you shouldn't do more than 3ml in each injection site, correct? So I'd need two needles?

I know you're not arguing mate. I'd be curious of this also if I was you but I don't have experience of taking it IM.

I really couldn't tell you if you'll personally benefit from taking it nasally instead of IM, but why not just take try one dose out? Just be prepared for the horrid taste of it dripping down your throat.. probably the worst drip I've gone through so have a nice drink to disguise it a bit. I personally wouldn't sniff 255mg as I'm pretty sure this would send me straight into a k-hole, but if that's where you want to be then go for it. If you don't want to go straight into a hole but you've got a tolerance then try 150mg, if that doesn't meet your desire then take another 100mg.

I can't give you any info on dosages and injection sites. I'm pretty sure it's very hard to OD on ketamine though, but please do not take my word for it and research this yourself if you're going to play with high dosages via IM! Safety first buddy, but the fact you're here in the first place means you're concerned about safety so I'm sure you will take the correct precautions :)

I've already tried some of the liquid, it really doesn't taste that bad. I've had VILE tasting liquid medicines before. The joys of having cancer heh

How much do you weigh?

I have done ~250-300mg intranasal of Ketamine and honestly, no K hole, and I have been more sedated when I get 15mg Valium and 100mg Benadryl IV. :/ I

I don't have a microwave...any other way I can heat it up? I'll give it a try once I hear back. Or do I really need a microwave?

The liquid may actually taste different to the powder, but time will tell eh, it made me vomit many of times lol.

Yeah the microwave was just the quickest and easiest method. Another option is to get a plate, put your liquid ketamine on the plate and then place this on top of a pot of boiling water, so there will be a gap between the water and plate (not much water is required). The heat (steam) from the water will dry out the ketamine and turn it into powder, just make sure it doesn't burn.. from past experiences (quite some time ago), I just did small amounts at a time and shifted the ketamine about using a blade/card to ensure the heat was direced equally and stopped it burning. When its done you just scrape the powder up and you're ready to go.

Also another fast method: put it into frying pan on low heat and be extra careful not to burn it. If you can't use any heating appliances then maybe your only option is to just dry it out on a dish in a warm environment which will take considerably longer than the other methods.

Good luck, just always keep your eye on it so it doesn't burn!

id go the shallow dish and radient heater method just to be safe...
huh?

I was unsuccessful with the frying pan.

What if I do Ketamine subq? Does that work at all? I'm thinking maybe when I did it "IM" last time, the needle wasn't far enough in...