• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ketamine and seizures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Specified

Ex-Bluelighter
hi,
is Ketamine safe to take for someone with a history of seizures?
Also GHB/GBL, Heroin,

There's a few clinical trials regarding Ketamine and epilepsy and it seems that there is no evidence of K causing seizures.
Also Heroin does not induce seizures, unsure about GHB and GBL.
Remember the risk of getting something else when buying scheduled drugs from dealers.

Yes especially with Research Chemicals like 2-FDCK and crap like that floating around. Any inexperienced User wouldn't really know the true difference and might think Ketamine is weak or sucks next time you try it not knowing you tried 2-FDCK for the first time which is way harder to "K-Hole" on from at least from what I read about 2-FDCK haven't used it at all yet myself.

From the experience of an epileptic definitely not. That shit had me in hospital for over a week and they wouldnt even give me midazelam after they knew its took ket so had to deal with seizures with no meds.

This was powder tho not liquid so idk about that.

From the experience of an epileptic definitely not. That shit had me in hospital for over a week and they wouldnt even give me midazelam after they knew its took ket so had to deal with seizures with no meds.

This was powder tho not liquid so idk about that.

Not sure what you mean by this Post? Your saying it was definitely not the Ketamine causing the Seizures. Are you trying to say that it was just simply a random Epilepsy Seizure Episode during your bad timing of deciding to indulge in some Ketamine using it. Or are you trying to point of the Fact that you don't know about whether or not it can cause or increase chances of having a Seizure due to your Epilepsy and not knowing whether or not having a Seizure on Ketamine is somehow related to your use of the Substance?

Not sure what you mean by this Post? Your saying it was definitely not the Ketamine causing the Seizures. Are you trying to say that it was just simply a random Epilepsy Seizure Episode during your bad timing of deciding to indulge in some Ketamine using it. Or are you trying to point of the Fact that you don't know about whether or not it can cause or increase chances of having a Seizure due to your Epilepsy and not knowing whether or not having a Seizure on Ketamine is somehow related to your use of the Substance?
It's not difficult to understand what I'm saying really given how pretentiously worded your reply seems.

KETAMINE IS NOT SAFE FOR EPILEPTICS.

Dont be a twat and encourage someone to potentially die.

It's not difficult to understand what I'm saying really given how pretentiously worded your reply seems.

KETAMINE IS NOT SAFE FOR EPILEPTICS.

Dont be a twat and encourage someone to potentially die.

I have no idea what your talking about dude... I only asked a question but nevermind.

Heroin is actually fine and morphine is used in the treatment of epilepsy however ketamine despite a few pocket studies here and there is actually a convulsant.

Speaking from experience I can tell you it was the ketamine that put me in a bad way and that's obviously factoring in that unless you're getting your stuff direct from a veterinarian then it's also going to be adulterated. The risk is yours but I'd strongly advised against ketamine.

As for GHB etc I wouldnt know as I dont fuck with those kinds of drugs.

No offence but what you're actually asking for is medical advise.

I would suggest you wont find any here and perhaps pose your question to an actual doctor.

I have a mild form of epilepsy but have had seizure only from sleep deprivation except one time from a stupid overdose of aMT+MDAI.
Have had countless K-Holes without any issue, but please understand this is not medical advice but only my personal experience.
Your mileage may vary, meaning I'm not saying it's safe for you or anyone with epilepsy to take Ketamine.
GHB and GBL may or may not induce seizures directly, but remember that some drugs can induce seizures directly, and other drugs can induce seizures if you take it often, develop a tolerance and then cease consumption without a slow taper.
This is true for Benzos, in instance, and GHB/GBL also do have GABA receptor activity, therefore I would absolutely recommend against taking this regularly.
You also mention taking Methamphetamine, and if you are epileptic I would recommend against taking it, as it is a direct cause of seizures and also because it promotes behaviours that are also cause of seizures like sleep deprivation, not eating and drinking enough, overexerting and overheating oneself.

The research about Ketamine and Epilepsy:

Ketamine: A Convulsant? Madhuri S. Kurdi, K. S. Sushma, R. Ranjana, and P. Bharath Kiran

Effects of ketamine in epilepsy. Celesia GG, Chen RC, Bamforth BJ.

Thank you for all of your work and replies but this is being closed as the OP is a Question Troll and has been doing this for some time.

If any of you would like this opened back up please let me know and I'd be happy to. Just Remember... Don't feed the Trolls!

Status
Not open for further replies.