• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Keep Sinning

treezy z

Bluelighter
I keep commiting sins. I need to get off drugs completely. Nobody's perfect, but sometimes I just don't think through things with God in mind.

If anyone has advice, beyond getting sober which I already know I need to do, let me know.

Why do you need to get sober? Infact most people find psychedelic drugs to bring them closer to god with spiritual expierences. You also never stated a question...

Like you said, nobodies perfect, but everyone is different and perfect can be a number of things to others.

^I actually didn't mean psychedelics, I will probably dabble with them for the rest of my life. I tend to enjoy stimulants too much though.

We all enjoy drugs here and there, why feel guilty? Its your decision. If your letting yourself out of control I could understand and then maybe seek help from friends or family. Drugs expand your mind, and are relatively harmless. I recommend reading some harm reduction threads if you're worried, maybe those will help you relax. Maybe it could be all the stimulants 8o.

A lot of stims cause anxiety :p

Drugs cannot feed the soul

"You will never be fulfilled by giving your physical body, your heart, and your intellect what they ask for. Why? Because you are neglecting your soul, which is hungry and thirsty too. You have to feed your physical body, your heart and your intellect, but you cannot leave it at that.

Indeed the fact that more and more men and women resort to taking drugs is a warning sign. It is a sign that the soul is not able to make itself understood, it is suffocating, it wants to travel in infinite spaces and find the celestial regions. But drugs cannot satisfy the soul, and what is more, they destroy the body. And human beings, poor creatures that they are, do not know how to interpret the language of the soul.

Drugs will never be a solution, because it is something given to the physical body, and it is not the body that is wanting to escape. The need to escape comes from the soul. It is therefore the soul that finally needs to be fed."

- Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov

The problem with this is that drugs help the soul to escape though.

What does it mean to think through something? Maybe don't beat yourself up. Which self is sinning? There is sometimes what's called our natural state or self without drugs, and our drug induced self. Drugs can enhance the mind for some sure, but for me… they just interfered with my thinking (inability to think through situations clearly), and behavior over all, bottom line. I wouldn't call drug induced behavior, consequences or seeking a sin, but that's just me. ' Who ' is doing the sinning?

You might want to research how drugs chemically effect the brain and make us do things we wouldn't in our natural state. What's best for me and what God wants is not to use drugs because of the harming effects on my body and others.

Even if one stops and thinks sometimes of what is best before acting on impulse, a drug addicted brain will sometimes go against this.
I definitely would say drugs depleted my soul indeed….

Which self is sinning? There is sometimes what's called our natural state or self without drugs, and our drug induced self. .

The real problem is that your natural self won't be the same after addiction, both for biological and life-experience reasons, and might not become the same again. But this is the real gamble people take when they get into regular abuse. You can always quit but you might not get your old self back.

Last edited:
I keep commiting sins. I need to get off drugs completely. Nobody's perfect, but sometimes I just don't think through things with God in mind.

If anyone has advice, beyond getting sober which I already know I need to do, let me know.

The best way to stop sinning is to reclassify what you find sinful ;)

But really. I think that describing drug use as some kind of objective sin isn't useful, in that it only creates guilt and pain and rarely creates positive outcome. If that is what you seek, try and list the reasons why YOU wish to stop taking drugs, see if they are feasible and if they are, ONLY you can enact them and so you should to the best of your ability and without punishing a slip up, but always keep the focus. You can only quit drugs for yourself and shouldn't bother doing it for any other reason. The god you speak of shows no sign of caring remotely whether you take drugs or not, but you do, so it is only you that this can be done for.

I think its in anyones grasp, though I too use way more shit then I should; but I'm not addicted to anything, and can usually use responsibly. I've learned, for better or worse, that I and addiction is just bad news for everyone. :\ I remember with dread the darkest days and I just know that I CAN'T go back. That place can be the past for anyone I believe <3

Excuse the infantile use of CAPITALS throughout, it just felt right.

Drugs cannot feed the soul

I think that is true of opiates, stimulants, downers and some dissociatives. I don't agree that psychedelics are not nourishing. IMO,they have the greatest potential of all intoxicants to inspire positive and life-changing, satisfying outcomes, if used sparingly and with some focus. I cannot see that potential in stimulants or benzo's FWIW, they seem to be stultifying and, indeed, regressive.

It is a sign that the soul is not able to make itself understood, it is suffocating, it wants to travel in infinite spaces and find the celestial regions

For some reason, that made me tear up a bit :( I have that yearning... But I think that some psychedelic experiences are ways for the soul to make itself understood.

I yearn to be in the celestial realm <3 :)

Last edited:
The best way to stop sinning is to reclassify what you find sinful ;)

But really. I think that describing drug use as some kind of objective sin isn't useful, in that it only creates guilt and pain and rarely creates positive outcome. If that is what you seek, try and list the reasons why YOU wish to stop taking drugs, see if they are feasible and if they are, ONLY you can enact them and so you should to the best of your ability and without punishing a slip up, but always keep the focus. You can only quit drugs for yourself and shouldn't bother doing it for any other reason. The god you speak of shows no sign of caring remotely whether you take drugs or not, but you do, so it is only you that this can be done for.

This.

The real problem is that your natural self won't be the same without addiction, both for biological and life-experience reasons, and might not become the same again. But this is the real gamble people take when they get into regular abuse. You can always quit but you might not get your old self back.

This is very true and a very valid understanding of addiction. Some call it recovery, but the truth is we don't recover our old self, completely. It takes a long time if that and a lot of work. I often wonder if I never used drugs if my cognitions (and other things), would be more clear. I think when folks quit there is a void present that needs to be filled in healthy ways… One needs to unlearn old behaviors too before learning new ones, which brings better thought processes.

My natural state is still not completely back, albeit closer to it, but not like it was before I used long ago.

Last edited:
Experiences change you, not drugs. Look at doctors who give some depressed people salt pills instead of anti depressants. Placebo makes them think there depression is getting better. Drugs just affect your consciousness, but what you do and where you do it will stick in your mind and affect you. Same way traumatic experiences change you too.

^And there can be positive traumatic effects; things like intense trips, skydiving or anything taking you to an edge (of sorts) can create traumatic experiences that are positive and ultimately beneficial.

This is very true and a very valid understanding of addiction. Some call it recovery, but the truth is we don't recover our old self, completely. It takes a long time if that and a lot of work. I often wonder if I never used drugs if my cognitions (and other things), would be more clear. I think when folks quit there is a void present that needs to be filled in healthy ways… One needs to unlearn old behaviors too before learning new ones, which brings better thought processes.

My natural state is still not completely back, albeit closer to it, but not like it was before I used long ago.

I believe I'll never be the same. You see, apart from my OD, I had always been a better person when using opiates, even heroin and lastly Methadone. I was better in everything. Best at work, during my travels all around, with my wife, with my beloved children etc.
i was always considered a model for parenting and leader at work.
Besides, I was very discreet and kept my private in a giant safe.

I never said I felt guilty about drugs, but the actions around the drugs.

Experiences change you, not drugs.

It depends. Long-term benzo addiction has given me problems with high stress-levels, irritability, and aggression that I didn't use to have and I know this is mostly a biological change. I'm sure other drugs can cause changes too.

Look at doctors who give some depressed people salt pills instead of anti depressants. Placebo makes them think there depression is getting better.

?

Anti-depressants etc. don't make you feel any better. They just paralyse your nervecells so you can't feel (or think much) and walk around like a zombie.

It depends.

Anti-depressants etc. don't make you feel any better. They just paralyse your nervecells so you can't feel (or think much) and walk around like a zombie.

Yes, it depends.

Now in regards to anti depressants, if that's true and lots of people are aware of that, why do doctors continue prescribing them?
The doctors should know better, I wonder why more and more people use anti depressants... (?)
Pharmaceutical industries money??

To have something to prescribe, to have something to sell, and because these types of psychiatric drugs calm you down and make you less emotional and more compliant. Doctors either don't know how they make you feel or if they know they don't care.

I believe I'll never be the same. You see, apart from my OD, I had always been a better person when using opiates, even heroin and lastly Methadone. I was better in everything. Best at work, during my travels all around, with my wife, with my beloved children etc.
i was always considered a model for parenting and leader at work.
Besides, I was very discreet and kept my private in a giant safe.

Interesting. I 'felt' like a better person, and opiates helped my pain and work productivity - but when it came down to being available for myself and everyone through the various expressions of human emotions like joy, sadness, grief… contentment and so on - it just wasn't possible. The feeling was an illusion for me, I guess

I have to remember also, the downside of heroin and not only see when I was productive… The later parts of my heroin use were not productive, whatsoever. It works for a while but will always stop working, any street drug when used daily. No one can control tolerance, it's not possible.

Life merely became about avoiding withdrawal, for me.