• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kambo Sticks

Ketamania

Bluelight Crew
Hello! I've been long interested in the use of Kambo sticks. I've watched many documentaries and have finally bit the bullet and decided this is something that I want to do.

Has anybody here used Kambo sticks and experienced the high? Any tips on how I should burn the sticks into my skin? I know it's just brief but I don't want to do anything wrong or cause infection.

Thanks!

@mr peabody has posted some articles about kambo in a couple of different forums.
Hope this helps

@mr peabody has posted some articles about kambo in a couple of different forums.
Hope this helps

Thank you!

I participated in 7 kambo ceremonies. I did some internet researches and found a trained praticionner close to me. My suggestion is that you find someone with experience with the medecine to teach you and be there to hold the place and keep an eye on you. Kambo is safe when done correctly, but there are many little things that must be done correctly. The way to do the gates, the amount of water, when to flip the dots or spray more water on them, ...

Buying sticks from an unknown source on internet and trying them without proper guidance, many things can go wrong. There is a list of contraindications for kambo too, various medical conditions.

There is this website to look for praticionners/learn more about kambo: https://iakp.org/

I've read about it but I wouldn't take it TBH, doesn't seem worth it. The only way I'd even consider it is if I was with the people who make it in the amazon, I feel like only pseudo-shamans and questionable people would sell that kind of stuff in North America. I could be wrong but how would you even know if it's the real thing? It could even be more dangerous and poorly made.

Plus many of the ingredients are actually toxic and don't seem pleasant at all. The only one that sounds OK is Dermorphin which is a mu opioid agonist.

I understand the desire of wanting to try many different drugs but I don't see what you could possibly gain from this one. To be honest it seems like a weird form of cultural appropriation, that stuff has no use outside of its specific context.

I think there are way better substances out there.

Don't do it yourself. It's too intense a physiological experience, and you want a practitioner to hold a container for you.

Has anybody here used Kambo sticks and experienced the high?

Kambo doesn't have a high. It's an extremely intense physical experience that is about physiological and subtle energetic cleansing, not mind expansion.

I feel like only pseudo-shamans and questionable people would sell that kind of stuff in North America. I could be wrong but how would you even know if it's the real thing? It could even be more dangerous and poorly made.

There's actually quite a lot of experienced and high quality kambo practitioners in NA, considering the ease of getting the medicine. There's also not really a chance of it not being real considering the ease of procurement. Poorly made is also not an issue, it's literally frog secretions.

Plus many of the ingredients are actually toxic and don't seem pleasant at all. The only one that sounds OK is Dermorphin which is a mu opioid agonist.

Kambo is not taken for the high or for a psychedelic experience. It's taken for cleansing and healing purposes, solely.

@psy997 What do you mean by cleansing?
It's tradicionaly used in a specific cultural setting. I just don't see its use outside of it.

As I understand it, you kinda poison yourself in order to get an intense and difficult experience. Why would you choose kambo to archive that?
Just remembered I know about a native tribe (not from the amazonas though) were some members (mostly young males iirc) used to throw themselves into a turbulent river in order to have that kind of near-death experience.

I believe that if you want to use drugs for that kind of stuff you should use traditional psychedelics which are much safer and can provide a difficult experience which is actually meaningful. Plus they completely change your perspective for the duration of the trip, so there's great wisdom to be gained.

My opinion on it is not set in stone but I'm not convinced... But I understand why some people could find it useful I guess. People can develop a taste for anything, some even enjoy high doses of nutmeg.

If you're that interested in trying these kambo sticks then you really should consider actually going to the places where they are used traditionally. Buying these things online is not only sketchy but completely contradictory to the experience.

It's tradicionaly used in a specific cultural setting. I just don't see its use outside of it.

As I understand it, you kinda poison yourself in order to get an intense and difficult experience. Why would you choose kambo to archive that?
Just remembered I know about a native tribe (not from the amazonas though) were some members (mostly young males iirc) used to throw themselves into a turbulent river in order to have that kind of near-death experience.

I believe that if you want to use drugs for that kind of stuff you should use traditional psychedelics which are much safer and can provide a difficult experience which is actually meaningful. Plus they completely change your perspective for the duration of the trip, so there's great wisdom to be gained.

My opinion on it is not set in stone but I'm not convinced... But I understand why some people could find it useful I guess. People can develop a taste for anything, some even enjoy high doses of nutmeg.

Kambo helped a lot of people around me. I suffer from something close to fybromialgia/constant fatigue syndrom (the root cause is chronic mercury intoxication, I'm working on that). After a couple of ceremonies, I feel awesome for several weeks: no more pain in my legs, full of energy, no anxiety. I know people who ended heavy pain medication or strong antidepressive scripts with kambo. One woman healed from cancer with kambo, aya and vegan diet/fasting, her doctor can't understand why she's still alive and well.

I've got a clear call to that medecine, and yes, it's not easy, not fun. But, it was worth it for me.

I'm also using convenationnal psychedelics. For a few years, I had very long and anxious come-ups, I was often looking to take a booster dose even if the starter dose was decent. The trips were often grey. To the point that I stopped taking them. Since I started using kambo, I tripped 2 times. One time on 20mg of allylescaline, a 2h nervous come-up, I was about to add something, and then bang I was hit. Laying on the floor, breathing waves after waves of bliss. I had a lot of self-realisations and Healing happening that night. From such a tiny dose. Last year, I dosed 8mg of 4-Aco-DMT. In a few minutes, I started feeling a strong energy raising inside of me. At the peak, I was laying on my back, navigating a place very similar to some reports of DMT hyperspace: a purple background and futuristic things everywhere, with an indian vibe. I had some energy practices, and a awesome time. After the peak, I went outside for a long walk, and my field of vision was so affected. I was so sensitive, from such a tiny amount (usually, I took 20+mg from the same batch, wanting to take more).

In my opnion, kambo is safer than psychedelics for an anxious/depressive person.

Kambos traditional use is to help go on long hunts, and to keep kids in line that don’t wanna do their chores lol.

I’ve tried it twice now, and while I disagree that one needs to fly down to South America and bug some natives just to try it, it’s definitely not for the faint of heart and the only drug I don’t recommend but say it’s ESSENTIAL to have a trip sitter.

The experience is worthwhile in my opinion but not for everyone. Afterwards you have this extra strong energy that lasts for days/weeks, you can hear better, see better, and overall do everything better.

I remember after my first experience looking around at the world before me and getting this sense everyone was in a fog, and I had just broken through some veil to see the complacency and apathy of the people going about their daily lives.

It’s borderline psychedelic, but not..

-GC

I've tried it twice now, and while I disagree that one needs to fly down to South America and bug some natives just to try it, it’s definitely not for the faint of heart and the only drug I don’t recommend but say it’s ESSENTIAL to have a trip sitter.
Just to be clear, I'm not recommending that people fly to south america to do it. I'm not even sure if I agree with ayahuasca tourism, though I can't deny many people have changed their lives for the better after having that "traditional" experience (or so they say).
What I meant is that I personally would only consider doing it if I happened to be there for an unrelated reason and the opportunity arised (so yeah extremely unlikely to happen).

Kambo is not solely psychological. It contains numerous peptides that have beneficial biological effects.

My cancer also chilled out for a bit after my last session, didn’t cure it or anything but definitely reduced the tumor size and symptoms/pain for like a month or so.

-GC

My cancer also chilled out for a bit after my last session, didn’t cure it or anything but definitely reduced the tumor size and symptoms/pain for like a month or so.

-GC
Awesome news!

Are you looking at other natural ways of healing like fasting or very clean/vegetarian diet?