• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Just got here. People need to be careful how they use Psychedelics.

All I can say is that whole "psychedelics are for introspective learning" makes me laugh. I am definitely on the side of the fence where they helped me do things in a sense but LSD will always be a party drug for me. LSD and I go very well together I always said its like being me +1 so its just a better more creative, witty, and logical self. I use to take it and do my chemistry homework because for the first time in my life I could watch the electron movements as atoms interact with others and it was awesome but I also love drinking on LSD. Its like the LSD makes it so my intellectual self over powers the alcohol so all it does is make me relaxed and floaty but doesnt impair me really.

Do some of my best trips have me sitting in the dark listening to music thinking about my future? Sure. It also helped me visualize my future if i stayed on heroin or if i went back to college. But I have had equally as good trips downing beers at over crowded college parties. The answer is in who you are, dont go giving chemical compounds more credit then they deserve. I am the master of my destiny LSD does not tell me how to use it i tell it what i am going to do with it, respectfully, but i dont think it is something that "demands to be used in a specific fashion" maybe that is who you are.

true dat brother! %)

There are several people who espouse the notion that psychedelic drugs are sacred, and that using them for mere celebration of life, as opposed to spiritual development, is somehow sacrilegious.

Actually, I can understand it. After my first psychedelic experience I probably would have agreed with it. However, I was like a child then, and my spiritual journey was just getting started. Now, looking back, I cringe at the deluded spiritual materialism of such an attitude.

For one thing, there is not always a clear distinction between spiritual development and celebration of life. In fact, the former without the latter quickly devolves into impotent ego-play. Of course the latter without the former may not work either.

Regardless, the surest sign that there is something wrong with the position is the arrogance and ego-defense that come along for the ride. Forget everything else and look right there. You will have your work cut out for you, but it will be worth beginning the journey.

Wow. You've really done some damage to yourself. Psychedelics have only been used recreationally since the 1960's after having been used of 5,000 years and shaping most of the world's religions. The democratization of Psychedelic use is the reason that Psychedelics are illegal. Leary turned a sacrament into an addiction, and you've done the same. Keep tripping a hundred times a year. You won't accomplish much and you'll be struggling to keep your life together. Anybody whose done anything 110 times in a year is an addict. Get some help before it's too late...
OK first of all: are you really trying to tell me that whilst humans have been consuming psychedelics for well over 5,000 years, nobody was taking them for fun until the 1960s? GTFO.

Secondly: you don't know the first thing about me or my accomplishments. Either get off your high horse and show some respect to those more experienced than you or GTFO. Does this look like a man who can't hold his life together?

3x%20bodyweight.jpg

There are several people who espouse the notion that psychedelic drugs are sacred, and that using them for mere celebration of life, as opposed to spiritual development, is somehow sacrilegious.

Actually, I can understand it. After my first psychedelic experience I probably would have agreed with it. However, I was like a child then, and my spiritual journey was just getting started. Now, looking back, I cringe at the deluded spiritual materialism of such an attitude.

For one thing, there is not always a clear distinction between spiritual development and celebration of life. In fact, the former without the latter quickly devolves into impotent ego-play. Of course the latter without the former may not work either.

Regardless, the surest sign that there is something wrong with the position is the arrogance and ego-defense that come along for the ride. Forget everything else and look right there. You will have your work cut out for you, but it will be worth beginning the journey.

I am listening to Listening and he is a wise man! Well said.

LOL! AA's rebuttal must be one of the funniest that I've seen on BL in a long time. Yes, sir, life can indeed be heavy going. Good metaphor, even if you didn't mean it as such.

Haha, wow. This thread has fight in it. ;)

It is amazing how judgmental some people can be. What if the tables were turned? And yes, let's not pretend we know everything about anyone. That's true even for people really close to each other, and extremely less so when you don't personally invest time to get to know someone. It has to be mutual too, otherwise it's superficial by both parties.

I also don't understand how others can point fingers and claim they are "damaged." The whole idea is silly. We're not wizards, and even if one was a bonafide genius, it wouldn't mean crap unless they knew the person extremely well and ran some expensive tests. It's mostly just an egotistical vice, and a ploy to stand taller on that soapbox.

For example, what and where is the damage exactly? In comparison to what? How do you measure a person's damage physically or mentally? And why would a person say that to someone else in the first place? It definitely indicates something about the speaker.

First impressions are nothing ultimately, because they hardly tell a person anything. It takes a lot of time and interaction for the person to unfold who they really are. I've met and known plenty of sober types who seemed like they were "damaged" psychologically and emotionally. I've seen, met and heard such delusional, devoid-of-any-rational reasoning and behavior plenty of times. This from people without any type of substance use whatsoever. But are they really "damaged?" I'll be the first to admit that I don't know, and even I have my own judgments too, but that doesn't mean I think they are unequivocally true. Just a possibility. And it could be wrong. But that's how I roll.

In short: let's not be too quick to judge. Contrary to popular belief, substance users vary like the rest of the population and a lot of them can be healthy, smart and accomplished. BL proves this. If harm reduction isn't smart, especially to this level, than wtf is?

I'm done.

Psychedelics have only been used recreationally since the 1960's after having been used of 5,000 years and shaping most of the world's religions. The democratization of Psychedelic use is the reason that Psychedelics are illegal.

That is not true. There are written records of the kykeon from the Eleusis mysteries in ancient Greece being used (abused) by dinner party guests, which was against the rules of the cult. See here or google it for more results: http://www.psychedelic-library.org/paspali.htm

Perhaps the people who think that psychedelics should be used for spiritual purposes only frown upon "recreational" use because usually seeing others treating lightly (rec use) something you treat seriously (spiritual use) can be perceived as offensive.

Obviously no way is better than the other. There's nothing wrong with having fun. I still agree that psychedelics are very powerful though.

Wow. You've really done some damage to yourself. Psychedelics have only been used recreationally since the 1960's after having been used of 5,000 years and shaping most of the world's religions. The democratization of Psychedelic use is the reason that Psychedelics are illegal. Leary turned a sacrament into an addiction, and you've done the same. Keep tripping a hundred times a year. You won't accomplish much and you'll be struggling to keep your life together. Anybody whose done anything 110 times in a year is an addict. Get some help before it's too late...

That's a rather closed-minded and arrogant point of view from someone who professes to have learned so much from psychedelic use. It's also a rather silly argument - doing any activity whatsoever a couple times a week is inherently bad, because it superficially resembles usage patterns of addicts? Addicts of what, by the way? I've been addicted to just about every popular addictive substance out there at some point and generally speaking, I used them a hell of a lot more than two or three times a week.

One thing you'll learn very quickly if you listen to the experiences of other psychedelic users and don't dismiss them out of hand because they don't match your own experiences is that there are no constants when it comes to human relationships to psychedelics. People from all walks of life use psychedelics in a dizzying variety of ways, doses, frequencies, and combinations, and what is healthy and effective for one person may not be for another. Setting rules for yourself is fine, but criticizing others for not following the same self-imposed rules does neither of you any good.

Also, even if you were right about frequent or recreational psychedelic use being inherently bad for everyone, calling someone damaged and an addict is not an effective way to encourage them to change their behavior. I would humbly suggest that you reflect on your mindset and intentions when writing this post. Were you trying to communicate information you feel is important and helpful to another person, or were you trying to make yourself feel superior and claim the moral high ground? Was your aim to help the person you were replying to, or to win an argument with them about the "right" way to use psychedelics? Honest self-critique is a far more potent tool for personal improvement and spiritual growth than any chemical could hope to be.

Perhaps the people who think that psychedelics should be used for spiritual purposes only frown upon "recreational" use because usually seeing others treating lightly (rec use) something you treat seriously (spiritual use) can be perceived as offensive.

Obviously no way is better than the other. There's nothing wrong with having fun. I still agree that psychedelics are very powerful though.

Nice.

Yeah, Listening completely nailed it there in his post. Couldn't have said it better myself :)

Psychedelics have only been used recreationally since the 1960's after having been used of 5,000 years and shaping most of the world's religions. The democratization of Psychedelic use is the reason that Psychedelics are illegal.
Besides from being a totally unsubstantiated claim, it also doesn't make any sense. Why wouldn't people in earlier civilizations have been able to find psychedelics fun like we do? You think that because they were native americans or something and oh, so much more spiritual than us, that its impossible that they could have enjoyed the recreational side of psychedelics?

Honestly, I think you need to get off your high horse.

In the mid 16th century, Spanish priest Bernardino de Sahagún wrote of the use of hallucinogenic mushrooms by the Aztecs in his Florentine Codex :

"The first thing to be eaten at the feast were small black mushrooms that they called nanacatl and bring on drunkenness, hallucinations and even lechery; they ate these before the dawn...with honey; and when they began to feel the effects, they began to dance, some sang and others wept... When the drunkenness of the mushrooms had passed, they spoke with one another of the visions they had seen."

Source: https://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_history.shtml

Sounds like spiritual usage, sure, but it also sounds like it was very hedonistic and recreational at the same time, imo.

Setting rules for yourself is fine, but criticizing others for not following the same self-imposed rules does neither of you any good.

And that is *precisely* why I don't regard any psychedelic, in any context, to be a sacrament per se. That is not to say that these gifts from nature and the laboratory are devoid of a sacral element. No. To me, nothing could be more sacral than accessing my own mind, willfully, on my own, in order to probe into my joys, fears, talents, weaknesses, desires, questions, answers, my body -- my mind. What could possibly be more holy than that? Contemplation is everything, and for that, you don't need a religion, or a shaman, or a guru... All you need is you and your mind. No dogma.

is it a bad idea to take a psychedelic in your room and just chill out there?