• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Jumping timelines

. I can get the idea of going back in time consciously (and I go so far as to say there's probably more than one way to do that). But physically? Or going physically back in time, changing or having something physically changed, and then returning to the so-called present with said physical changes still in place? It's above my pay grade such level of understanding or comprehension I'm afraid.

If one could see reality as one whole that is infinite expression of itself than physical expression is just another expression of the same oneness (call it what you want). If you can imagine that reality is self refreshing moment that expands in every conceivable direction and degree of expression (like water, air, ice...are essentially the same just another degree and you extrapolate to all other "material" expressions), than you could at least imagine that time is in that respect static. From the perspective of infinity time does not exist. If you can get the idea "of going back in time consciously" than you should have no further problem imagining how getting to any other point in time physically is possible. Just try not to make divisions between expressions. Physical is same as spiritual, body is not different than mind. Just like green is not really different than red. They are colours. Use that kind of reasoning to all expressions and you could imagine how all this could be true.

But if you really understand all that then one should ask - if all is one expression of same oneness, why should I try to change any state? Every state is equally valuable so what's the need for changing it so radically. That is - what are your real motives. And in the end - who this "you" really is and why that "I" wants to change it's expression so radically...if every point is the center, every I is the origin and the expression.

Sorry for the rant. It is an interesting question for my particular point of view.

could say the desire is to simply enjoy this game from another point sometimes the same old point gets a boring if your the infinite reality still hell thats why we dont spend 24/7 in the divine bliss non dual state.

...and than you find that pleasure is another face of pain and that desire is what really makes you want to choose and...what then? Everybody has to answer this kind of questions to itself. That is why it is stated in the 2nd post that
It gets very messy when one tries to pin down reality. It is a fluid, interpenetrating, multidimensional, self refreshing momentum. Words fail here.

For some reference. Sources of this kind views are :
-Vedas
-Hermeticism
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
-Tao Te Ching
-Western Scientific World Wiew
-Christianity
-Bhakti as explained by A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
-Advaita Vedanta Impersonalism explained by Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
-Alan Watts
-many others but you get my drift

One Step at a Time

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the rant. It is an interesting question for my particular point of view.
Didn't perceive it as being a rant at all.

To be totally blunt about it: my interest in this boils down to the fact that if I knew for a certainty that if something (ever so unfortunate) were to happen to me and I could choose any particular point in time to return to and start over (even without changing a thing i.e. merely inserting myself, both physically and mentally, at a given point in time of my own choosing) I can tell you for sure we'd not be having this conversation (if for no other reason than that we'd not have the fucking Internet) (at least not as we know it anyway). 🤣 So there's where my "I" and "me" comes into this.

But what I wanted to add is the below.

People used to laugh at me years ago when I brought this up. Seems to me though that I wasn't quite as dumb as they thought.

Think about this:

How do you (anyone) know that you've been somewhere or done something or experienced something in the past? Or how do you know that you're actually experiencing something in the present for that matter?

Stupid example: I've been to a rock concert or two right. Only reason I know I was there was because I remember being there. So my theory some years ago was this: if, using some type of really fantastic and realistic 3D software and hardware, such memories could be embedded into an individual? Well then they'd remember being there and remember the experience as if it had happened while, obviously and in reality, it hadn't.

And the idea taken further was if such technology were realistic enough: one could, for example, go on a holiday, or to a rock concert, or whatever, in real time, but while knocked out (drugged) somehow and sitting in a booth somewhere. Once you'd ended your experience: you'd wake up (and pay the fee of course) and you'd be none the wiser i.e. you'd truly believe that you'd been on said holiday or to said rock concert.

I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this. And whether or not this ties into the topic I do not know (or if it can be somehow related)? The caveat of the above being though: it's purely psychological (obviously). In other words: it'd not affect anything that's already in the past nor the current reality. Using that A desired for said midterm: it'd be possible to go back, rewrite, and get the A, and then return fully believing that you aced the midterm. Sadly: you'd have a piece of paper that'd indicate otherwise.

Last edited:
@dalpat077 I fully understand your query. I have similar ones. Every answer brings me back to the realisation that words are poor and limited tool/technology. But at the same time very powerful in this world where only what can be said or written in symbols is taken as true.

All I can is once more quote my first response that if read the way it was intended acknowledges your point.

Well to be honest I am still wondering am I just in the period between my 2 thoughts...

Tell you what though:

If anybody here can put me back squarely to January 1984: then in February 2011 I'll send you 1 000 Bitcoins (it crossed the $1 mark back then). 🤣

Yeah listen up.

It's not for want of trying on my part that I don't get all of this stuff. I cannot even understand or make sense of all of this research being done in CERN (Large Hadron Collider)? Or these experiments that apparently prove the existence of (or possible existence of anyway) parallel universes and stuff e.g. that one where they split a light atom or something (and one half goes one way and the other half goes another way but different) (or something like that) (I assume it's evident from what I've just typed that I don't have a clue i.e. so what is my point).

Aside from the above: I've gone far down the Christopher Hitchens and Sam Harris type rabbit holes. Not to mention Richard Dawkins & Co. And I continue to do so almost on a daily basis. There's just one tiny flaw, or to be more accurate there's just something missing, in their theories i.e. how did it all start? Everything else gels with me including Darwinism obviously. But how did it all start? Even if we did all originate from some amoeba or single cell organism or whatever: where did that come from?

At least your motive is clearly stated. Well done Sir, I congratulate your sincerity. 😁
Oh did I happen to mention you have to save half in a Bitcoin wallet for me so that when I get back to 10 February 2021 I can cash out... 🤣

Wouldn't help to say that I must just buy 500 Bitcoin for myself and hold onto them because I wouldn't know then what it'd be worth now in 2021 and would probably have cashed out when it got to $2! 🤣

At least your motive is clearly stated. Well done Sir, I congratulate your sincerity. 😁
Oh wait a minute. Only thought about this now.

Nah. I'm not that shallow. Not just for the money. Started working in 1984 and pretty much have had a great life up until not too long ago. So I'd do it all again. The Bitcoin thing was just a bonus that occurred to me while I was typing my post (an incentive for a-n-other that could do this for me)! 🤣

Prepared to double up on the offer if you send me back to 1984 WITH my knowledge and experiences to date intact! :) Suppose in truth there's one or two things maybe I'd do differently or know to avoid. Not much though.

There's just one tiny flaw, or to be more accurate there's just something missing, in their theories i.e. how did it all start? Everything else gels with me including Darwinism obviously. But how did it all start?
There is line in Rig Veda that asks:

"Who really knows?
Who will here proclaim it?
Whence was it produced? Whence is this creation?
The gods came afterwards, with the creation of this universe.
Who then knows whence it has arisen?"

Or how Terence McKenna said: "Give us one free miracle and we will explain the rest. Well, I think that than we should all get one free miracle.."

I am guilty of Sam Harris type rabbit hole as this is impersonal aspect of the whole thing. What I don't like is the attitude "I will tell you what and how it is. Even though there is no free will please make yourself willing to listen to my theory or I (who?) will get upset. But will pretend that I am not upset.".

This whole no free will, everything just bounced out of nothingness from no reason, is one side of a dual coin. It us an important side, but never the less one side.

Dawkins is to rigid for my taste (I like Brett Weinstein more) and I never listened much of Christopher Hitchens (probably due to me being born in late 80s).

But yeah = bigging is father of the end and endings are mother of all beginnings. To put it in my terminology.

Last edited by a moderator:

"Who really knows?

Or how Terence McKenna said: "Give us one free miracle and we will explain the rest. Well, I think that than we should all get one free miracle.."

I am guilty of Sam Harris type rabbit hole as this is impersonal aspect of the whole thing. What I don't like is the attitude "I will tell you what and how it is. Even though there is no free will please make yourself willing to listen to my theory or I (who?) will get upset. But will pretend that I am not upset.".

This whole no free will, everything just bounced out of nothingness from no reason, is one side of a dual coin. It us an important side, but never the less one side.

Dawkins is to rigid for my taste (I like Brett Weinstein more) and I never listened much of Christopher Hitchens (probably due to me being born in late 80s).

But yeah = bigging us father of the end and endings are mother of all beginnings. To put it in my terminology.
Lovely post. :)

"Who really knows?

But yeah = bigging us father of the end and endings are mother of all beginnings. To put it in my terminology.
Should have added this to my above post but anyway.

Sam Harris, to me anyway, has sort of lost the plot (and, ironically, and no offense to anyone is meant, seems to have happened when he got into tripping) (but again: it's not something I can get my head around and I suppose, in part, the very reason for a thread such as this). And I'm not big on motivational speech either i.e. you know the "it's all going to be alright" type shit. In his case: let's swap bank accounts and notoriety and I'll be your (his) biggest fan. But until then... 🤣

Lovely chatting with you though. Hope I don't get in trouble here for taking this thread off topic (or did I i.e. still think there's something to be said about my virtual reality theories and the subject matter).

Suppose I'd better get out of here for now. I got more chance of covering the Sahara dessert with genetically modified Coca plants than I have of any of this happening let's face it! Well: until and unless otherwise informed of course! :)

Suppose I'd better get out of here for now. I got more chance of covering the Sahara dessert with genetically modified Coca plants than I have of any of this happening let's face it! Well: until and unless otherwise informed of course! :)

I have laughed so hard. Well said! 🤣

What's the point? There is no point. ...and what wonderful point that is! 🤣🤣🤣

maybe ill jump so far back in time and give einstein LSD. imagine einstein on acid man he would invent even more crazy stuff

maybe ill jump so far back in time and give einstein LSD. imagine einstein on acid man he would invent even more crazy stuff
You probably will not believe me when you see this. But that was EXACTLY my first thought when I saw your post on the Russian thread!

EXACTLY my first thought. I shit you not.

Anybody can learn how to jump timelines or manifest reality we all have the power to do it. Back in the old days before i even realized it was a thing i use to manifest reality by day dreaming intensely every day about things. From 2004-2015 i manifested entire game updates that would come true a year later after i would sit there day dreaming about how i reckon the games should be. When you tap into the energy of the universe and learn to read the signs you can manifest many things. Jim carrey manifested 10 million dollars with visualization.

Anybody can learn how to jump timelines or manifest reality we all have the power to do it. Back in the old days before i even realized it was a thing i use to manifest reality by day dreaming intensely every day about things. From 2004-2015 i manifested entire game updates that would come true a year later after i would sit there day dreaming about how i reckon the games should be. When you tap into the energy of the universe and learn to read the signs you can manifest many things. Jim carrey manifested 10 million dollars with visualization.
Alright. Well. I still dunno about this timeline thing.

But I've gone somewhat down this rabbit hole for the sake of interest. And from brain scans at least: it's shown that all of this stuff sort of switches on or energizes the entire brain. Hence my first thought being I wonder what would have happened had somebody like Einstein been on it?

time is not even linear and our true awareness transcends time and space. A brain scan won't show us the truth because that is still within object-subject duality of consciousness outside of ourselves. We have to go deeper within.