• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Jumping at 12mg sub

Last Chance

Greenlighter
I've been taking subs for a little over 7 months now after 2 years of 8-10g/day tiana habit. For the first 5 months I was at 16-24mg/day and the last 2 months I've been taking 12mg/day. It's Tuesday night, the end of DAY 2. Friday I took 8mg, Saturday I took 8mg and on Sunday I took 4mg. I've been extremely emotional and have had a runny nose but that's it as far as withdrawals so far but I know they haven't even really started yet. I'm kinda tripping but I have no other choice but to go cold turkey. I did take 7.5g of Kratom and it definitely seemed to help. Wish me luck y'all. I'll be keeping everyone informed on this journey.

Best of luck 💪 You'll get it
Thank you for the positive and encouraging post! Morning of Day 4, feeling alright but also ache body with no motivation. I'm trying to stay busy and let the time pass. I've been smoking alot of weed and taking Kratom and it seems to help. I figure my withdrawal might of started a little early because how I did the mini taper 3 days before going cold turkey. Hopefully sacrificing the month of April for the rest of my life!

Im wondering if I should hit some cardio today to try and help get it out of my body, since I'm just past the half-life point?? Or if I should just rest and try not to overwhelm my body for the days ahead? I'm not having any cravings for a strip or anything but also don't feel completely myself, almost feel like I have a sinus infection coming on or something. But it is also hardcore allergy season here in Cali.

12mg is a huge drop and things could get pretty bad! If you want to get off subs, you should taper first.
I totally agree but where I'm at it's costing me $550/month and my parents stopped paying for my doctor and prescription. So I was forced to quit like this. My parents didn't agree with my doctor tapering me every 2 months. They don't know what I'm about to go through. I'm strong willed though and have been working a recovery program since I start the subs 7 months ago. It's not ideal but if I carry on subs any longer it'll be much much worse, in the end, I hope I thank my parents for this tough love. I did read the AminoAcid story on here where the dude jumped at 12mg after 3yrs and sadly committed suicide after 19 days, so I am aware of the dangers..

I totally agree but where I'm at it's costing me $550/month and my parents stopped paying for my doctor and prescription. So I was forced to quit like this. My parents didn't agree with my doctor tapering me every 2 months. They don't know what I'm about to go through. I'm strong willed though and have been working a recovery program since I start the subs 7 months ago. It's not ideal but if I carry on subs any longer it'll be much much worse, in the end, I hope I thank my parents for this tough love. I did read the AminoAcid story on here where the dude jumped at 12mg after 3yrs and sadly committed suicide after 19 days, so I am aware of the dangers..
Sorry I missed that part the first time... that is unfortunate.. but you might be okay yet... kratom will probably take away 50 - 75% of the withdrawal away, but you're gonna need like 15g a day. You could slowly taper down from that though kratom is more difficult to taper than bupe because of its short mechanism of action. Do you have a good supply of kratom?

Sorry I missed that part the first time... that is unfortunate.. but you might be okay yet... kratom will probably take away 50 - 75% of the withdrawal away, but you're gonna need like 15g a day. You could slowly taper down from that though kratom is more difficult to taper than bupe because of its short mechanism of action. Do you have a good supply of kratom?
All good!! Yeah I have over 300g of Kratom and have endless access to more, if need be. I also have bud and some Delta 8 & 9. I haven't taken Kratom in years also, last night it actually had me feeling decent. I really appreciate your support and your reply. I can already tell this site is a great community and glad I signed up.

Evening day 4, doing alright. Still feel runny nose and flu symptoms. Not feeling as horrible as I'd thought but not great either. I have still been taking Kratom and that's probably helping. I'm glad to be quitting and still focused. Been reading the big book of A.A. and it's helping me vision where I wanna be in the future

I have an expensive drug test kit I had to use for my suboxone doctor and send them in. Well I wanna take it around day 6 and see if the subs are still in my system. What y'all think?

Good idea. I didnt find sub withdrawal really hit until day 5, 6... but you got your kratom so you should be alright. will probably just be cold /sniffly/ a bit lethargic... sometimes quitting drugs can actually made you feel a little TOO good, its called the pink cloud effect or something like that.. Sounds kinda wrong but if youre feeling with a lot of optimism and enthusiam... just remember that doesnt last. You need to be strong for the thick and thin to get through this! good luck my friend!

Last edited:
Good idea. I didnt find sub withdrawal really hit until day 5, 6... but you got your kratom so you should be alright. will probably just be cold /sniffly/ a bit lethargic... sometimes quitting drugs can actually made you feel a little TOO good, its called the pink cloud effect or something like that.. Sounds kinda wrong but if youre feeling with a lot of optimism and enthusiam... just remember that doesnt last. You need to strong through thick and thin to get through this! good luck my friend!
Good advice! Yeah I've definitely been on the pink cloud before. I kinda wish I had that ignorance right now haha. I've had 2.5yrs and 3yrs in the past and been in recovery for 11yrs now. It's been hard working a program on subs. My chick has a year sober from not drinking and her masters in the medical field and is looking at my program like it's not clean, and now that I'm dealing with these withdrawals it appears that was somewhat true. However, I've done the work the last 7 months and this is just part of MY journey. I definitely expect the withdrawals to worsen but I'm not going to obsess over it. Another thing that I think I have going for me is I never took my strips at the same time it was always at random times. I have yet to sit here and wish I had a strip, thank God! I have also been focusing on my nutrients, I haven't wanted to eat but I've been eating lots of yogurt, blueberries, raspberries, mangos, bananas, grains & seeds, chicken & red meat and veggies. I took some naltrexone and a headache pill as well as some Kratom tonight and not feeling too bad. I'm sure I'll wake up feeling like shit, but time will tell lol.

Good advice! Yeah I've definitely been on the pink cloud before. I kinda wish I had that ignorance right now haha. I've had 2.5yrs and 3yrs in the past and been in recovery for 11yrs now. It's been hard working a program on subs. My chick has a year sober from not drinking and her masters in the medical field and is looking at my program like it's not clean, and now that I'm dealing with these withdrawals it appears that was somewhat true. However, I've done the work the last 7 months and this is just part of MY journey. I definitely expect the withdrawals to worsen but I'm not going to obsess over it. Another thing that I think I have going for me is I never took my strips at the same time it was always at random times. I have yet to sit here and wish I had a strip, thank God! I have also been focusing on my nutrients, I haven't wanted to eat but I've been eating lots of yogurt, blueberries, raspberries, mangos, bananas, grains & seeds, chicken & red meat and veggies. I took some naltrexone and a headache pill as well as some Kratom tonight and not feeling too bad. I'm sure I'll wake up feeling like shit, but time will tell lol.

Let us know how things work out!

Morning of Day 5, I slept till 10 a.m. and just woke up about 30 mins ago. I woke up with the cold-sweats, shakes, chills, teary eyes, runny nose, blurred vision, stomach ache, muscle aches and hating life. So, the withdrawals have started in a big way. I'll chime in later and let y'all know how the day is going.

Evening Day 5, the morning started off pretty rough with the symptoms stated above. However, mid-afternoon I started feeling a little better but that only last for a few hours. I'm in the midst of the twilight zone called withdrawal. Life has dulled and motivation is at a low. The doubt has began to creep it's way into my thoughts, "maybe I can't do this."; "What if my life is destined to be another sad story." I'm trying my hardest y'all and reminding myself it's only temporary and watching inspirational recovery movies. There's a since that the darkness is suffocating the light though. I'll hang though y'all and tomorrow's a new day. Tomorrow I'll take the drug test and see if it's out of my system. Also, tomorrow will be my last day taking Kratom, maybe, what do you y'all think?

You're almost there! You've got the idea down for what you need to do, so just stick to that plan and try and find some peaceful activity to help keep your mind off of things.

Evening Day 5, the morning started off pretty rough with the symptoms stated above. However, mid-afternoon I started feeling a little better but that only last for a few hours. I'm in the midst of the twilight zone called withdrawal. Life has dulled and motivation is at a low. The doubt has began to creep it's way into my thoughts, "maybe I can't do this."; "What if my life is destined to be another sad story." I'm trying my hardest y'all and reminding myself it's only temporary and watching inspirational recovery movies. There's a since that the darkness is suffocating the light though. I'll hang though y'all and tomorrow's a new day. Tomorrow I'll take the drug test and see if it's out of my system. Also, tomorrow will be my last day taking Kratom, maybe, what do you y'all think?
It's at it's worst on day 5 in my experience. You've reached the peak and it's not getting any worse anymore. Everything will suck but at least things will get better day by day. In a week you'll feel so much better it's unbelievable. You'll need patience to get there but it's so so well worth it. It seems like it's not you're first ride and you know what you're doing. Try not to use any more kratom that is needed. To make things bit smoother you could take a fixed amount of kratom daily for week and then start tapering the kratom dose down. Hope everything goes well and good luck.

Edit: just noticed the last post in this thread is made about 2 weeks ago

not to be buzzkill but when I went cold turkey off the peak withdrawal did not come until day 11 and it was pure torture....checked into rehab on day 11 and things calmed down a week later and I left AMA and was clean following that for 5 years due to the fact I never wanted to experience that again ...kept me clean for 5 years no program just pure grit and desire to stay clean....now I'm using small doses of Oxycodone and having a hard time quitting as well but I manage....Suboxone is no joke and IMO harder to come off then OXY and its not even close.