• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Job guidence?

dirtyharrison

Bluelighter
Has anyone else taken tests which assists in directing them towards a job? Not like those tests you do which offer a job depending how well you do on it but an actual psychological test?

The type of test i took was one which tested your temprements (creativity, maths, co-ordination, english, ra ra ra) and then graded you and showed how you work in things (eg, creative, hands on, stress etc.) and then you pick some fields you want to work in and then it shows jobs which suit your temprements, which, in theory should lead you towards an occupation where you'd be happy.

I did, and although i did know what i wanted to do at uni i wanted to see what other occupations came up. Anyway i'd wanted to do architecture and the results that came up were architecture, industrial design, landscape architecture and so on.

Anyone else tried these tests? what were you results?

Yea I have, I think they are called Career something-or-other. Anywho, My results always indicate that I should work with people, or animals. It usually goes something like this.... Social Worker, Veterinaran, Med Asst. Public Speaker, Personal Shopper, Costume Design..etc etc....screw all that, Im just going to marry rich :)

those things are worthless. i got lighting engineer and surfboard designer. yeah, i want to be a neuroscientist, close tho 8)

Its not what u wanna do..it provides you with a list of occupations which would suit your temprements

like www.careercruising.com (you can long on with the user/pass thing on the main page with user:pass being lawrence:career)?

I keep getting composer or inventor. I don't compose well enough to do it for a career, but most of the jobs on there are jobs I've considered.