Jesus' Stomping Grounds | Gospel

^ packs of 20 Majors! Ah, the good 'ol days before health warnings! :D

....Sometimes, solid, emotions get stuck between the gut and the throat, for sure. <3

So, Twee but so beautifully, true.

Ralph Stanley [2011] - I'll Not Be Afraid

In 1979 I was a punk rocker working in a highrise in San Francisco's financial district, and somehow I'd been lucky enough to hear Ralph's album, I'll Wear A White Robe. Anyway, I was just sitting there one afternoon without much to do, and I thought I'd try and get Ralph on the phone. So I found him in the Lynchburg, Virginia directory, dialed the number, and I was amazed when he answered the phone! I told him how impressed I was with his music, and I asked him if there was anyone else (other groups) doing what he was doing, and he said there wasn't. That was some experience, believe me. A year or two later, I saw Ralph and his band live in San Mateo, California, along with Bill Monroe & The Bluegrass Boys. Incredible! -pb

Last edited:
Not a lover of the the political/celebrity-yahoos, in the coverage on these tribute events but the music(and Anne Wilsons voice is beautiful) look on plant and page's faces; processing it, was beautiful, and bitter sweet.

Ralph Stanley [1980] - Oh Lord, Remember Me

Ralph-Stanley-and-The-Clinch-Mtn-Boys_web.jpg

Ralph Stanley [1977] - I've Just Seen The Rock of Ages

rebcd1571_tray_large.jpg

• Ralph Stanley: banjo, vocals
  • Curly Ray Cline: fiddle
  • Jack Cooke: bass
  • Danny Marshall: mandolin
  • Troy 'Renfro' Profitt: lead guitar
  • Keith Whitley: guitar, vocals

Ralph Stanley [1975] - Scarlet Purple Robe

In 1979 I was a punk rocker working in a highrise in San Francisco's financial district, and somehow I'd been lucky enough to hear Ralph's album, I'll Wear A White Robe. Anyway, I was just sitting there one afternoon without much to do, and I thought I'd try and get Ralph on the phone. So I found him in the Lynchburg, Virginia directory, dialed the number, and I was amazed when he answered the phone! I told him how impressed I was with his music, and I asked him if there was anyone else (other groups) doing what he was doing, and he said there wasn't. That was some experience, believe me. A year or two later, I saw Ralph and his band live in San Mateo, California, along with Bill Monroe & The Bluegrass Boys. Incredible! -pb

Blue Highway [2001] - The Seventh Angel

Blue-Highway-for-web.jpg

Jason Burleson - guitar
Shawn Lane - mandolin, vocals
Rob Ickes - dobro, vocals
Tim Stafford - guitar
Wayne Taylor - bass
Alison Kraus - vocals