• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Jeff Sessions asked Congress to let him prosecute medical marijuana providers

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
Jeff Sessions personally asked Congress to let him prosecute medical marijuana providers

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is asking congressional leaders to undo federal medical marijuana protections that have been in place since 2014, according to a May letter that became public Monday.

The protections, known as the Rohrabacher-Farr amendment, prohibit the Justice Department from using federal funds to prevent certain states "from implementing their own State laws that authorize the use, distribution, possession or cultivation of medical marijuana."

In his letter, first obtained by Tom Angell of Massroots.com and verified independently by The Washington Post, Sessions argued that the amendment would "inhibit [the Justice Department's] authority to enforce the Controlled Substances Act." He continues:

I believe it would be unwise for Congress to restrict the discretion of the Department to fund particular prosecutions, particularly in the midst of an historic drug epidemic and potentially long-term uptick in violent crime. The Department must be in a position to use all laws available to combat the transnational drug organizations and dangerous drug traffickers who threaten American lives.

cont at
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...l-marijuana-providers/?utm_term=.04c479405feb

Last edited:
Wow.

"The letter, along with a signing statement from President Trump indicating some skepticism of medical marijuana protections, "should make everyone openly question whether candidate Trump's rhetoric and the White House's words on his support for medical marijuana was actually a lie to the American public on an issue that garners broad, bipartisan support," said Hudak of the Brookings Institution."

Of course it was a fucking lie! jfc

This administration will indeed be a boon to the various corrections corporations of America. Time to start a little unethical investing for retirement?

Christ...what's this guy's endgame? Why does he hate cannabis so much?? "Good people don't smoke marijuana"...I wonder how many special interest groups have this guy in their pockets...

did anyone watch the senate hearing where they questioned this little racist decrepid diaper-wearing fuck? He did not answer a single question directly in 2 hours of hearing, everything was "i don't recall" or "I didn't read the laws" Its as if he has alzhiemers, could not remember a goddamn thing including a meeting in a hotel with russian embassador.

and why won't the MSM report this? all they report about is russia 24/7

Luckily I don't think even a republican congress will let him do that at this point... although i wouldnt put it past them.

Last edited: