• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

I've been using xanax without a prescription.

I was first prescribed diazepam to aid me in cessation of my cannabis habit. To this day I see that doctor and he continues to prescribe me diazepam as a sleep aid and also for occasional use as an anxiety reliever (I tend to use it for this purpose most often nowadays, since I smoke weed and drink to sleep) but he does not know I am back on the ganja.

Never underestimate how differently drugs can be percieved on the basis of legal and illegal, even by doctors. Some people will consider valium to be miles better than cannabis despite the fact it is infinitely more addictive and overall has potential to cause a lot more problems in ones life.

Never underestimate how differently drugs can be percieved on the basis of legal and illegal, even by doctors. Some people will consider valium to be miles better than cannabis despite the fact it is infinitely more addictive and overall has potential to cause a lot more problems in ones life.

You said it, D_M.

This really captures one of the biggest problems society has in its perception towards drugs/medicine.

"Look at that filthy junkie on the corner", who may simply be (probably isn't, but may be) a homeless person without an addiction, or someone waiting on a new job or a forthcoming pay-check - potentially with mental illness and/or a criminal record, both of which makes finding and holding a job difficult. *Same person walks in to the chemist to fill his or her fortnightly script of MSContins or OxyContins (maybe with some OxyNorm for for breakthrough pain) that they received for complaining of a back ache.

Of course, I don't advocate anything which would result in more people being addicted to anything in the first place and I wouldn't suggest that we simply removed all barriers which are in place to protect that from happening, but this kind of hypocrisy maddens me, saddens me and more than anything, makes me give up any hope of living happily.

^ good point.

When I think about it, I seem to be referring to a typical Doc from the USA that gets his patients hooked, so they can then pay for his kids university degree.