• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants IV Where's the rush gone?

beels

Bluelighter
Yo bluelighters

I've been injecting for like nearly 2 years now, various things.

recently had a break from amphetamines (roughly 4 months).

Today, scored some 'strong' shit,, it looks and smells like the bomb, but its hard to tell purity with base.

anyway I got 2g's, eyeball about 1/5th of that into the spoon,

heat it with water, and draw up about 8 units of water, it was all in the vein.

I feel effects, but no rush like I used to, I remember walking aroound the room for 5 minutes saying "WOW" to myself

but now its just, meh im awake.

Does tolerance stay with you this long? is my speed shit quality? or have I gotta start upping the dose and using 2ml barrels.

i miss the WOW

Same thing happened to me with heroin... I don't get that rush anymore like I use to. They say that your tolerance comes back very rapidly, unless you quit for like years...

But, its probably a mix between that and your dope not being that great.

My tolerance didn't budge at all for over six months while I was detoxing. I was up to 60 mg oxy oral, when I finally tried it after six months of no opioids, I took 40 mg and was like "meh", then tried 50 mg the next day and felt sort of like I used to. It's weird, I feel like my tolerance is locked. That's probably not true for me, or for other people, so don't take my advice and slam your original dose and end up on the floor. That's just my experience. Same with coke, tolerance has never dropped. I really have no scientific explanation for this phenomenon.

Yep that's normal. Once you lose that rush it's usually gone for good. You might catch a small glimmer of that a few more times if you take another break and get some bangin' shit but chances are you'll just fry your dopamine receptors trying to attain that.
Give it up.

Yeah, Sean, I recently ran into that wall. I was spending big money every day just to stay out of pain (120 mg oxy/day), and I realized I was emotionally numb to everything, and felt zero high, just kinda weird/anxious/pain-free. I quit opioids on the 26th, taking a break for a couple months, letting my body and mind readjust so I can thoroughly enjoy them OCCASIONALLY.

I miss the days when I would take 15 mg hydrocodone and go hiking through the woods feeling fucking fantastic, or listening to shoegaze or drum n bass in the dark and just melt into my sheets. Those days are no longer, and the only way to get them back is to quit for a while, readjust, and then use drugs very sparingly to maximize an already enjoyable situation.

I also think my receptors are fried from being on suboxone for 3 years... Now days when I stop and try heroin, It takes so much more to get me high because of my tolerance from subs. I gotta do damn near a half gram to feel it(1 shot).

I think that happens with or without suboxone. Any opioid will eventually kind of fuck up your opioid receptors, and until your brain learns to cope with natural endorphins again, it will take more of a drug to get you high. I have heard that suboxone does have a lasting effect more so than other opioids, but I don't have the science to back that up.

Once you've abused opioids, you just never recover, really. At least in my case. I went a LONG time without them, and got my tolerance back down to a measly 15 mg oxycodone, but the high wasn't the same. I knew what to expect, so when it hit, I was naturally sort of disappointed. We grow up, our brains recalibrate, and the high just isn't as euphoric. I absolutely hate that, but that's just how it is, I guess.

I'm curious if anyone has ever taken an incredibly long break from opioids and then got the same sort of feeling they got the first few times they did them. If so, I'd like to know how long it took to get back to baseline.

I'll tell you what helped me - Paroxetine. I really hate to say that, because I hate SSRIs and most ADs, but after I was on paroxetine for a few months, I tried oxy and I felt wonderful. Without the paroxetine, I was feeling anxious and the euphoria was stunted and dirty. I think my brain needed the extra push to really enjoy opioids again.

I don't recommend an SSRI, however. Just personal experience.

Guess its the same with everything really?, Fuck. The thing I'd do to experience my first rush again :(

But wise words sean, I cant spend my whole (probably short) life chasing the rush I once had, fuck it it's still good anyway, just not as good.

Having a break for a few months clearly hasn't made a difference, im curiious now, I may have to go score a 2ml barrel and bang like a teenth a time, see if that works.

hahaha I'll let you know.

change of plan. FUCK wizz, the love has gone, guess 2 options here, smack or give up and giving up sounds way better.

I just wanna go back to training and enjoying life.

Why is injecting so FUCKING GOOOD.

First world problems......

A lot of people talking about opiate rushes in here, but I'm pretty sure the OP wants people's experiences with amphetamine.

A lot of people talking about opiate rushes in here, but I'm pretty sure the OP wants people's experiences with amphetamine.

Hahah true I dont see what all the fuss is about with opiates. but obviously the IV rush wont last forever whatever substance it is. So can relate to it in a way :/

The only time that I think the IV rush from amphetamine is worth the risks associated with that particular ROA is the very first shot in a session. If I were to redose then it would more than likely be oral because the only rush that would be experienced is when I'd go from sober to flooding my body with amp and even so this is one of the weaker rushes as far as IV drugs go.

Amphetamines are like a cat: Chase the cat and you might catch it a few times before it avoids you altogether, but if you wait for it to come to you and treat it well, you'll have it all the time...

But that probably doesn't mean anything to you, because you still want to "feel" the first rush again.

No doubt , iv use with speed can become exspendive quick even if you take a break sadly your tolerence can quickly increase to its previous level ��
There can be a variety of reasons why that " ahhhh i can't breath but i dont care im feeling too good " feeling is gone . Quality is a huge factor . You can do a huge dose of Nope and it will only get you annoyed and spending more cash . Try a new connection if possible .